Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 03:38 PM)
One night before a Republican primary, a liberal, a moderate and a conservative walk into a bar . . .

Seeing this, the bartender cries, "How come you're not out campaigning, Gov. Romney?"

I know, right? The guy attacks the liberals from the left and the conservatives from the right, and the centrists from his mirror. I cannot stand Rmoney. (I like it, Balta.). He's Rick Perry-esque.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 07:46 PM)
I know, right? The guy attacks the liberals from the left and the conservatives from the right, and the centrists from his mirror. I cannot stand Rmoney. (I like it, Balta.). He's Rick Perry-esque.

He attacked Obama for not doing anything to fix entitlement programs and massively cutting entitlement spending. In adjoining sentences.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)
He attacked Obama for not doing anything to fix entitlement programs and massively cutting entitlement spending. In adjoining sentences.

What does the moron even stand for? 59 point economic plan. Okay. What does it say? Whatever the f*** he wants it to say. That's kind of the point. He is a jackass.

At least with Obama, you know what you get, even contrary to what you (specifically SS because I know you have issues with the guy) may think.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 09:26 PM)
What does the moron even stand for? 59 point economic plan. Okay. What does it say? Whatever the f*** he wants it to say. That's kind of the point. He is a jackass.

At least with Obama, you know what you get, even contrary to what you (specifically SS because I know you have issues with the guy) may think.

And the public has seemed to eat it up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 08:56 AM)
I know the idea is to keep the Reps race in as much chaos as possible because it benefits the Oblamer.

Yes. And that is happening because of me and this thread :). If I'd keep my mouth shut, the party would line up behind Romney as it should.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 09:22 AM)
The thing is, that will all change once the nomination process is done.

Absolutely.

At least a decent portion of that favorability drop is due to Newt and Santorum and Paul supporters turnign more negative with how the campaign has gone. They're going to turn the other way by the time August/September rolls around.= The only real question is how much of a dent that will make.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 08:32 AM)
It happens every contested primary. They all hate each other until the only other alternative is the other party.

I don't doubt that he'll recover among Republicans, at least somewhat, but he's seen a sharp decline among independents and center-right dems as well. Obama and Hillary didn't see this sort of widespread hit to their favorability ratings in 2008.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 08:37 AM)
I don't doubt that he'll recover among Republicans, at least somewhat, but he's seen a sharp decline among independents and center-right dems as well. Obama and Hillary didn't see this sort of widespread hit to their favorability ratings in 2008.

I would bet we see some recovery in those numbers too once one candidate gets to control the message.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 08:39 AM)
I would bet we see some recovery in those numbers too once one candidate gets to control the message.

But then Obama starts unloading his $1B warchest!

I think we can both agree that national poll numbers this far out make for dumb political horse-race watching but are good for little else.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 09:39 AM)

I'm going to go with 2k5 here until proven otherwise.

Rmoney's favorability crash has been what, a 3 week polling phenomenon at this point? If this campaign has taught us nothing else, it's that "3 week trends" tell us pretty much nothing.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 08:41 AM)
But then Obama starts unloading his $1B warchest!

I think we can both agree that national poll numbers this far out make for dumb political horse-race watching but are good for little else.

I absolutely believe they are worthless, which is why I am blowing them off instead of posting them. History proves what numbers this far out are worth.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 08:32 AM)
It happens every contested primary. They all hate each other until the only other alternative is the other party.

No matter which party, remember 2008? (oh nevermind, I needed to keep reading :lol: )