5 kca.gif

Kansas City Royals

66 96 798 961 .279 .346 .424

http://baseballprospectus.com/fantasy/dc/

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say that's about what I expect from our team this year as well.

Hopefully all the question marks will be exclamation points and then we'll have something special.

I'm just not big on any of our acquisitions except Peavy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 06:27 PM)
The only team they have with a worse offense than us is Toronto.

Really????? I know our offense isnt great but i thought it was at least middle of the pack and getting a solid bopper DH would put us above middle of the pack.

I mean I know there are a lot of what ifs but the team has a ton of potential and maybe its because im a sox fan but i think every offensive player on the field has the potential to be an all star except Teahen who is a great hitter in his own and i dont think a lot of people realize that because hes coming from the royals.

-Last year Lexi was bein talked about as bein a better offensive player than Derek Jeter.

-CQ is healthy, last time he was healthy he was puttin up MVP numbers

-If Rios fails like he did the end of last year i will be genuinely shocked, the guy was an all star in 07. I find it hard to believe a guy who hit over .290/.337/.798 the previous 3 years before last and knocked in at least 71 the last 4 is a fluke and is gonna drop off at age 29.

-we all know Beckham is the future and the future started last year, i expect him to put up alex rios type numbers

-We're all griping about paying Pierre so much when we could have gotten Pods back cheaper and i agree but when you look past finances Pierre is a better option than Pods IMO. Neither are great but both will you what you want on the base paths and its safe to say Pierre is better at causing havoc there.

-AJ is one of the best hitting catchers

-PK is still good for 25+ HR and 80 RBI

-Teahan is wayyyy underrated around here, seems to me like hes being viewed as the worst starter (aside from dh) on the team and having a guy that has played on a horrible team the last couple years which leads me to believe his output will be greater over here. I'll take .270/.330 15 HR 60 RBI out of our "worst hitter" any day of the week.

-The DH position as it stands i believe will be 2 different monsters, Kotsay is a a really good hitter against RHP and when hes in there he doesnt give you the normal DH masher but he does give you a good hitter who will get on base and score runs, Jones on the other hand i believe still gives you that all or nothing DH i still believe hes got a ton of pop in his bat and his 17 bombs in 82 games last season seem to agree with me.

Im not saying its a great offense but its def not the 2nd worst in the league.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 06:14 PM)
-Last year Lexi was bein talked about as bein a better offensive player than Derek Jeter.

By whom? :huh:

-Teahan is wayyyy underrated around here, seems to me like hes being viewed as the worst starter (aside from dh) on the team and having a guy that has played on a horrible team the last couple years which leads me to believe his output will be greater over here. I'll take .270/.330 15 HR 60 RBI out of our "worst hitter" any day of the week.

Pierre is our worst hitter, as of now.

Im not saying its a great offense but its def not the 2nd worst in the league.

It has the potential to be, just as it has the potential to be one of the best in the league. I'd say it's less likely that they would be 2nd worst than one of the best, but with all the question marks we have, it's hard for me to really say.

Basically agreed with the rest of your post.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 06:36 PM)
hey dont worry..

they've got the Yanks finishing 3rd

the Angels having the 3rd worst record in the AL

only 3 teams winning 90 games, and all of them reside in the AL East. (after 7 teams had 90+ wins in 2009)

Oakland winning the AL West

Oakland winning the West? Hahahahaa xD