OMG what idiots some Texans are

Texsox

I just heard that Texas is changing the name of some exams we will be giving in our secondary schools. The original name was to be End of Course exams. The name change was made necessary when our Education agency was flooded with calls demands to know why kids would be given intercourse tests before graduating. :crying

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 01:02 PM)
lol, is this a joke?

I wish it were . . . Seems when the tv and radio reports ran, many people misheard the name.

AUSTIN – Commissioner of Education Robert Scott announced today that the next generation of student tests will be called the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness or STAAR. STAAR will replace the Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS), which is the criterion-reference assessment program that has been in place since 2003.

The STAAR name, pronounced the same as star, will be used for the 12 end-of-course assessments mandated by SB 1031 in 2007 and the new grade 3-8 assessments mandated by HB 3 in the 2009 legislative session.

We were just going to call them end of course or EOCs, now we have STAAR :lolhitting

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 06:53 PM)
My co-worker told me her kids don't know how to write in cursive because it isn't taught in their schools. I'm wondering if this is just a Texas thing because I grew up in Illinois and learned cursive in 2nd grade

I definitely learned cursive in school here, and all my friends had to as well. She must have been from a tiny town.

An Englishman, Frenchman, Mexican, and Texan were flying across country on a small plane when the pilot comes on the loud speaker and says "We're having mechanical problems and the only way we can make it to the next airport is for 3 of you to open the door and jump, at least one of you can survive"

The four open the door and look out below. The Englishman takes a deep breath and hollers "God Save The Queen" and jumps.

The Frenchman gets really inspired and hollers "Viva La France" and he also jumps.

This really pumps up the Texan so he hollers "Remember the Alamo" and he grabs the Mexican and throws him out of the plane.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 04:14 PM)
"OMG what idiots some Texans are"

Interestingly, this is exactly what many SoxTalkers say to themselves an average of 16.35 times a day while browsing this site.

:ph34r:

:D

:lolhitting :headbang :notworthy Since you took the time to research and make it accurate. Now get off my lawn

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 06:47 PM)
Man, that was the joke grenade with the longest hang time in history. Pull plug, throw joke grenade, wait three days for detonation.

:D

They have pills for that, but obviously the side effects involve being in the bathroom for days at a time...