Buehrle or Peavy on Opening Day?

BlizzardOfOzzie

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 10:58 PM)
I'd start Peavy if he has an average to good spring.

Jake seemed like an ornery bulldog during his few starts with us in September. I doubt Mark will mind.

It'll be Buehrle. Peavy pretty much has said it should be Mark.

I think the rotation should be Buehrle, Peavy, Floyd, Danks, Garcia. It'll set up Danks, Garcia, and Buehrle the first weekend against the Twins. They need to try to get Danks and Buehrle vs the Twins whenever they can.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)
Buehrle has been named opening day starter.

http://twitter.com/cst_sox/status/9439780235

I hope it's Buehrle, Peavy, Floyd, Danks, Garcia

Set up two lefties against the Twins the first weekend.

Of all of the people to quote, use one of the decent writers in town...

http://twitter.com/MDGonzales

http://twitter.com/ChuckGarfien

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 01:57 PM)
I hope it's Buehrle, Peavy, Floyd, Danks, Garcia

Without looking at the schedule/matchups, I'd put Danks ahead of Floyd. Floyd tends to eat a few more innings than D1, so it makes sense to have him next to Garcia to try to use him to rest the bullpen a bit.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 01:03 PM)
Without looking at the schedule/matchups, I'd put Danks ahead of Floyd. Floyd tends to eat a few more innings than D1, so it makes sense to have him next to Garcia to try to use him to rest the bullpen a bit.

Come on, you know how Ozzie switches LHPs and RHPs

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 02:03 PM)

Danks actually threw 7 and 1/3 innings more last year than Floyd (although in 2 more starts), so the innings per start were basically even, with the edge to Floyd being very slight. With the balance of the rotation, I really don't think the order matters a great deal, other than Garcia is clearly the #5 guy. I might start Floyd in the #4 spot just because he had the injury issue late last year if I had to choose an order though.

As for opening day, I'm glad it's Buehrle. I really don't think who is 1 and who is 2 between Mark and Jake matters too much, so might as well let Mark have the opening day start, especially since Jake seems to have no problem with it.

Edited by whitesoxfan101