2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 12:27 AM)
Can't deny it any longer. Liriano is back. And our playoff chances, even in late April, take a hit.

I watched replays of him shutting out the Tigers.

Pretty impressive.

Serious downward movement on his pitches...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
Morneau left in the 5th inning of yesterday's game with back stiffness. They're saying it's minor and unrelated to last year's back injury.

apparently Verlander was really fooling Morneau with his pitches, and the last at bat, Morneau swung for the fences and missed the ball completely and pulled a muscle. So, Cuddyer will move to first and Kubel will move to the OF (assuming Morneau doesnt play tonight and tomorrow afternoon, which I expect)

Royals, down 5-1, actually had a comeback to tie game at 5-5 against the M's with two clutch, two out hits against R-R-S.

Would be nice to see the White Sox do that more often. BTW, Pods 1/3 with Run Scored, .370 BA still and returning to earth with an .817 OPS, which still looks good compared to Quentin and Pierre.

NOTE to KW: You can thank your lucky stars it was Pierre and not Chone Figgins you wasted money on, or you would be in real hot water.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)
Royals, down 5-1, actually had a comeback to tie game at 5-5 against the M's with two clutch, two out hits against R-R-S.

Would be nice to see the White Sox do that more often. BTW, Pods 1/3 with Run Scored, .370 BA still and returning to earth with an .817 OPS, which still looks good compared to Quentin and Pierre.

NOTE to KW: You can thank your lucky stars it was Pierre and not Chone Figgins you wasted money on, or you would be in real hot water.

Seriously? The Sox had three straight games where they came back late to win, just this past weekend. Their clutch hitting is still bad, but did you not notice those games they just played?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 05:04 PM)
Seriously? The Sox had three straight games where they came back late to win, just this past weekend. Their clutch hitting is still bad, but did you not notice those games they just played?

Those games didn't count, they were against the Mariners.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 01:35 PM)
apparently Verlander was really fooling Morneau with his pitches, and the last at bat, Morneau swung for the fences and missed the ball completely and pulled a muscle. So, Cuddyer will move to first and Kubel will move to the OF (assuming Morneau doesnt play tonight and tomorrow afternoon, which I expect)

In some of the MLB 2K10 commercials, they had these two smack talking to each other. Looks like Verlander won.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)

Figgins will be fine. At least he can draw walks.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 04:25 PM)
Figgins will be fine. At least he can draw walks.

His .322 OBP would be the 5th highest on our team right now and this is about as bad as he's capable of playing. At least when he slumps he draws 1 walk in 7 of 9 games.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 04:04 PM)

It's what I refer to as FADS... Fan Attention Deficit Syndrome.

Symptoms: Prior wins are forgotten immediately the day after a loss; anything good a player/manager, etc. does is forgotten quickly while anything wrong they do sticks in long-term memory. Etc.

Edited by scenario

Jim, I'm sure you are pissed that Span pretty much got screwed on that "dropped fly ball" by the same umpire that threw him out the previous game. Changed the whole game giving Detroit 4 outs. (don't mean to sound like Hawk, but it actually did)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 11:43 PM)
Jim, I'm sure you are pissed that Span pretty much got screwed on that "dropped fly ball" by the same umpire that threw him out the previous game. Changed the whole game giving Detroit 4 outs. (don't mean to sound like Hawk, but it actually did)

For some reason, at the end of that, I saw the ball moving around in his glove. Could be that he was trying to get the ball out and it moved. It looks like he did catch it though.

yeah it kind of sucks, but that doesnt excuse Scott Baker from blowing a 6-1 lead.

The thing about the Span play is that the 3rd base ump Emmel didnt move too much from his position to get a good read of the play. That is what Gardy was objecting to (according to the radio) and thats why he got kicked out. As a Twins fan, I am getting used to really bad umpire calls :lol:

Gardy is making a run at Bobby Cox's ejecting record. I think he is up to 48 ejections

Edited by Benchwarmerjim

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 09:29 AM)
According to a Survey, the Cleveland Indians are the most commonly disliked franchise in baseball, beating out the Red Sox (#2). The White Sox are the 7th most disliked.

I'm not sure why Cleveland would be that high. Come to think of it, I'm not sure why we're so damn high.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)

Ummm.....seriously, we have the lowest BA with RISP in the major leagues (.199)...and you're crowing about 3 games that we beat the M's, who perhaps are the only team who might end up having a worse offense than the White Sox???

Brilliant...the games are at home, we're not facing Cliff Lee or King Felix, but now we're clutch???

Seriously? At least the M's, though, have a philosophy, unlike the White Sox. Defense first, pitching, speed and fundamentals, just like the Twins, Angels and Rays.

:bringit

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)
It's what I refer to as FADS... Fan Attention Deficit Syndrome.

Symptoms: Prior wins are forgotten immediately the day after a loss; anything good a player/manager, etc. does is forgotten quickly while anything wrong they do sticks in long-term memory. Etc.

Okay... :huh

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 09:44 AM)
I'm not sure why Cleveland would be that high. Come to think of it, I'm not sure why we're so damn high.

The Sox at least have a rival and some polarizing figures here. Most casual fans couldn't even name a player from Cleveland. That is odd.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 11:24 AM)
The Sox at least have a rival and some polarizing figures here. Most casual fans couldn't even name a player from Cleveland. That is odd.

It might stem from the way their fans act. They seem to have a higher than normal percentage of asshole fans. See; Thome's return. I've been to a lot of Sox games, and the worst fans to be around when they come to town are NY, Boston, and Cleveland.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)
It might stem from the way their fans act. They seem to have a higher than normal percentage of asshole fans. See; Thome's return. I've been to a lot of Sox games, and the worst fans to be around when they come to town are NY, Boston, and Cleveland.

Don't forget Philly.