2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 09:45 AM)
Ummm.....seriously, we have the lowest BA with RISP in the major leagues (.199)...and you're crowing about 3 games that we beat the M's, who perhaps are the only team who might end up having a worse offense than the White Sox???

Brilliant...the games are at home, we're not facing Cliff Lee or King Felix, but now we're clutch???

Seriously? At least the M's, though, have a philosophy, unlike the White Sox. Defense first, pitching, speed and fundamentals, just like the Twins, Angels and Rays.

:bringit

So KC attempts a comeback at home, they don't face Lee or Felix but they're clutch?

Ah, I see how that works. *rolls eyes*

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Royals, down 5-1, actually had a comeback to tie game at 5-5 against the M's with two clutch, two out hits against R-R-S.

Would be nice to see the White Sox do that more often.

Rolls eyes right back.

Last time I checked, those homers against SEA/Aardsma/Lowe were solo homers, not "clutch two out (base) hits (with RISP)"...(since the Royals aren't a home run hitting team, either, with the exception of Guillen/Ankiel).

How many times recently has someone other than Rios done that....getting a "clutch" single with a runner on 2nd base with 2 outs in the 7th/8th/9th innings?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 12:37 PM)
Royals, down 5-1, actually had a comeback to tie game at 5-5 against the M's with two clutch, two out hits against R-R-S.

Would be nice to see the White Sox do that more often.

Rolls eyes right back.

Last time I checked, those homers against SEA/Aardsma/Lowe were solo homers, not "clutch two out (base) hits (with RISP)"...(since the Royals aren't a home run hitting team, either, with the exception of Guillen/Ankiel).

How many times recently has someone other than Rios done that....getting a "clutch" single with a runner on 2nd base with 2 outs in the 7th/8th/9th innings?

Rios and Andruw both were last out of the inning IIRC, I know Rios was for sure. And Rios hit his when the Sox were down.

Its fine though, your definitions of bad and great can vary as much as you would like them to

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 01:30 PM)
Rios and Andruw both were last out of the inning IIRC, I know Rios was for sure. And Rios hit his when the Sox were down.

Its fine though, your definitions of bad and great can vary as much as you would like them to

Your posts would hold a lot more weight if you threw in some irrelevant players from the 80's to make your "point".

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 12:30 PM)

Not about bad and great.

I think a clutch hit is a single that scores runners and moves the line along when there's two outs. Like if Juan Pierre would have done this say 5-6 times so far (base knock) rather than just once in 20 opportunities.

You think it's a game winning or game-tying homer, in this case.

Arguments can be made either way. Certainly some would say Teahen's game in TOR was the most clutch of the entire season.

Edited by caulfield12

Uh, no, I'd say Alex Rios' walkoff was by far the most clutch. The team was down by 1 run with 2 outs, and Alex Rios ended the game with one swing. I don't think there is any arguing that. Teahen had the most clutch game of the season, but not the most clutch hit.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 08:05 PM)
Uh, no, I'd say Alex Rios' walkoff was by far the most clutch. The team was down by 1 run with 2 outs, and Alex Rios ended the game with one swing. I don't think there is any arguing that. Teahen had the most clutch game of the season, but not the most clutch hit.

Talk about being opinionated. Take it easy.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ May 2, 2010 -> 08:17 AM)
Joe Mauer missed last nights game with a bruised heel. he'll miss todays game too. there is panic in Twins Territory

They'll probably plug in a no-namer named Jim Kowalksi who'll go 4-5 today.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ May 2, 2010 -> 08:17 AM)
Joe Mauer missed last nights game with a bruised heel. he'll miss todays game too. there is panic in Twins Territory

I heard he was contemplating retirement with designs on entering Last Comic Standing...he wants a Vegas show...

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 2, 2010 -> 09:41 PM)
Zack Greinke is keeping up his game from last year with a 2.27 ERA & 0.98 WHIP. Of course his team & bullpen suck, so he's 0-3 in 6 starts. Lost 1-0 to Tampa & Wade Davis today.

I heard his ERA for his last 47 starts is something like 2.20 and the Royals record in those games is 22-25.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ May 2, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
Mauer's replacement today Wilson Ramos had 4 hits, the fist time a catcher making his debut had 4 hits since like 1900 :lol:

You could have the entire Twins roster contract the flu and be out of baseball, and they'd still find a way to win.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ May 2, 2010 -> 09:17 AM)

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 2, 2010 -> 09:18 AM)
They'll probably plug in a no-namer named Jim Kowalksi who'll go 4-5 today.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ May 2, 2010 -> 11:27 PM)
Mauer's replacement today Wilson Ramos had 4 hits, the fist time a catcher making his debut had 4 hits since like 1900 :lol:

Whoa. Good call Sqwert.