2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ May 31, 2010 -> 08:02 AM)
something to watch for, Orlando Hudson collided with Denard Span on the last play of the game last night X-rays were taken but results arent know yet

the O Dawg has been a nice compliment to the Twins lineup, and if he is gone for any lengthy amount of time will really hurt

It would hurt if he'd be out for a while, but it won't put your playoff chances at risk. Actually, it could be worse if Span was the one that got hurt.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 30, 2010 -> 09:44 PM)
I still think you let your starter get out of that situation. See how he handles the pressure situation. Plus, as long as he got the pitch over the plate, they weren't going to hit him.

He was already at 113 pitches, which was a season high, and, as you've alluded to, his mechanics are very jerky. You don't want to overstrain his arm when anything over a certain amount could very easily hurt him. That next at-bat could have easily been 7 or 8 pitches, and that puts him at or over 120 pitches. And even if they couldn't hit him if he was getting it over the plate, he wasn't getting it over the plate consistently (considering he walked 4 yesterday). You can't even be sure that he's going to get the guy out to get out of the 6th.

I really don't know how you argue that taking him out was the wrong move.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 31, 2010 -> 12:31 PM)
People really over estimate the amount of strain 10 extra pitches put on an arm. It really is not that big of a deal, especially for any major league pitcher.

It depends on what 10 pitches we are talking about and how well conditioned they are.

yeah, he was signed as a SS, playing there and 2B before being moved to 3B, then to RF.

I was just shocked he was actually playing there. I figured Casilla would be there, but I guess he has bone ships in his elbow and is now on the DL. Hudsons wrist is not broken so he is going to play Wednesday or Thursday

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:43 AM)
yeah, he was signed as a SS, playing there and 2B before being moved to 3B, then to RF.

I was just shocked he was actually playing there. I figured Casilla would be there, but I guess he has bone ships in his elbow and is now on the DL. Hudsons wrist is not broken so he is going to play Wednesday or Thursday

Why didn't Gardenhire just put Punto at 2B and make Cuddyer play 3B?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 08:41 AM)
The Twins are attempting to fill one of their biggest holes by calling up top prospect Danny Valencia to play 3b.

I think its only a momentary thing. O Dawg is still abit hurt, so Punto will slide over to 2B, Valencia to 3B. The Twins will have to make a roster move in 4 days because Cuddyer went on the Bereavement list today. I think at that point Valencia goes back down Punto back to 3 and O Dawg should be ready (unless he is more hurt than the team is letting on)

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 31, 2010 -> 12:31 PM)
People really over estimate the amount of strain 10 extra pitches put on an arm. It really is not that big of a deal, especially for any major league pitcher.

Really? His first start back from the minors with the amount of strain he already puts on his arm? You are willing to let him throw 120+ pitches?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:24 AM)
Dayton Moore says he has no intentions on bringing up Alex Gordon any time in the near future. Make him an offer, KW.

Never going to happen. We have Teahen locked up for another 2 years, Morel in the minors, and KC wouldn't risk trading him within the division. They're not the Pirates!