2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

Liriano outlasts Hudson. Rauch with the save, striking out Heyward, Jones, and Glaus. 2-1 Twins.

8IP, 5H, 1ER, 0BB, 11K

I gotta admit, if the Twins would have lost, I'd be getting a little more excited about the Sox chances to creep back into this thing. That was a quality win for the Twins.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope it stays that way, and the Sox finish off the sweep. If that happens, it will give the fans a little something to get excited about. We need that. June 13 is too early to write off a team within 10 games. And if it's 6.5, it will give the players a little something to get excited about, too.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 08:38 PM)
Greinke gets his 2nd win of the year. Struck out 12 as the Royals beat the Reds 7-3. He's 2-8 now.

With his stuff, he'd win 23 games a year in the NL. Also, the Reds desperately need to trade for some righty relievers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)
With his stuff, he'd win 23 games a year in the NL. Also, the Reds desperately need to trade for some righty relievers.

His ERA is just under 4, which is a lot higher than last year. But no way does it warrent a 2-8 record. I'm sure he's looking forward to free agency whenever that occurs.

Well, a winner tonight gets us to within 7 games and back into the picture a bit, if you ask me (I know, you didn't).

I know many of you are experiencing mixed emotions as we win some games here finally, but I really think if we can get the mojo going a bit here over the next week we can get this season back on track.

Of course, our M.O. here will be to win tonight to make it 5 in a row, then lose the next two series' to step back again.

Really pumped for the game this evening.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)
Well, a winner tonight gets us to within 7 games and back into the picture a bit, if you ask me (I know, you didn't).

I know many of you are experiencing mixed emotions as we win some games here finally, but I really think if we can get the mojo going a bit here over the next week we can get this season back on track.

Of course, our M.O. here will be to win tonight to make it 5 in a row, then lose the next two series' to step back again.

Really pumped for the game this evening.

Well said. I can't believe some are saying the "worst thing that can happen" is we go on a nice streak to fool management into thinking we're "in it." Please, find another sport if you think winning games in June is a bad thing. I can see August/September if you're hopelessly out of it. But there's still a legitimate chance to get back in this thing.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 05:28 PM)
Here's a fun article about the Royals flawed approach to Alex Gordon. http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/...royals.html.php

For the love of god.... I don't even care if its us anymore, will SOMEONE.. some organization that needs a 3B project please free this man?! It's been two years now since his injury prior, that he continues to be dicked around over there.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 10:22 PM)
For the love of god.... I don't even care if its us anymore, will SOMEONE.. some organization that needs a 3B project please free this man?! It's been two years now since his injury prior, that he continues to be dicked around over there.

I will drive from Northern Iowa to Kansas City so I can save this guy. Then drive him to Chicago and tell him he's going to be loved playing on the south side. Please for the love of God let this man go somewhere. Preferably the White Sox.