2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 12:41 PM)
Felix has or had a quote from Bill Smith that said he'd prefer a pitcher with more wins and a high ERA than a pitcher with fewer wins and a low ERA. I get that he means he wants a pitcher with more wins, because it means the team is winning, but it's such a flawed quote that it's hilarious.

I got those nuggets from an article Felix gave me. I don't know if it's luck or what, but the Twins won without any benefit of advanced player evaluation analysis. Weird...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
I got those nuggets from an article Felix gave me. I don't know if it's luck or what, but the Twins won without any benefit of advanced player evaluation analysis. Weird...

Success in old fashioned scouting, player development, and situational managing. It still works, but it's absolutely silly not to use tools that are provided basically for free. It's like building a house with hammers and screwdrivers instead of nail guns and drills.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 08:25 AM)
Has Morneau switched himself to the supposedly awkward looking larger, better protecting helmet yet?

If not, is he crazy?

Yes, he would be crazy. I'm not they've done CAT scans with him but the number of concussions and the length of time it takes to recover from them is a huge concern. In this one he was kneed in the head. He should not have a headache three days later. This is showing a vastly increased sensitivity to them. ALL precautions should be taken if he was a client of mine.

So, bean him on Friday I didn't just think that did I? :crying

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 06:47 PM)
So, bean him on Friday I didn't just think that did I? :crying

I can't get myself to root for injuries on the Twins. The only ones I can root for injury for right now are tetrahydragestrinone (even though he's been forced into retirement), Rajon Rondo, and now anyone on the Miami Heat roster.

But this year’s Twins have a plodding, station-to-station offense; a deceptively poor defense; and an unremarkable pitching staff that has suffered greatly because of the defensive issues.

Sounds to me like the Twins have morphed into the White Sox of seasons past.

Who would of thought that Gardenhire admired the Sox as much as Hawk and Guillen admired the Twins!

(Adrian) Gonzalez, 28, saves his words for before and after games. As Black’s clubhouse liaison and peacemaker, he approaches teammates with a certain delicacy – Gonzalez looked sheepish for taking Nick Hundley’s(notes) money in a recent World Cup side bet – and offers little pearls of wisdom, short and sweet enough to end up on Twitter.

He spoke to Hundley this spring, his advice almost a haiku: “Let the ball get deeper when you swing. Don’t go and get it. Be calm.”

When Gonzalez approached pitcher Wade LeBlanc(notes), he suggested LeBlanc follow another successful control-and-command left-hander: “Look at Mark Buehrle. He never shakes off his catchers because all he has to do is execute the pitch. Execute, and it will work.”

yahoo.com/sports (passan)

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 09:57 AM)
Twins are 12th out of 14 teams in defensive efficiency. Most runners stranded. On a near-record double plays hit into pace.

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20100711/SP...26/-1/RSSSPORTS

They probably have the deepest starting rotation.

I dont agree with this at all. Their rotation is extremely suspect, Blackburn and Slowey are throwing BP right now

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 09:07 AM)
I dont agree with this at all. Their rotation is extremely suspect, Blackburn and Slowey are throwing BP right now

We get to face both of them this series.