2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
Watching the Indians the past couple of weeks makes me wish we didn't DFA Nix. He might have been a nice supplemental piece to a trade towards the deadline.

I like Nix, but he has no trade value.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
He's going to be an absolute star. Leading all catchers in baseball in every offensive stat since June 1st.

He's full of raw talent. They threw him into the 3 hole in their lineup as soon as they called him up and he didn't skip a beat. The Indians have a nice core of young players, if they put it together before they all demand contracts, they'll be a force to be reckoned with in the AL Central.

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)
He's full of raw talent. They threw him into the 3 hole in their lineup as soon as they called him up and he didn't skip a beat. The Indians have a nice core of young players, if they put it together before they all demand contracts, they'll be a force to be reckoned with in the AL Central.

Sucks for them that Sizemore has completely fizzled out. LaPorta seems to be figuring it out, as he's hitting a lot of rockets these days.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)
I like Nix, but he has no trade value.

There's still organizations who would value him and give him a shot to play more often than the Sox did. I'm not saying he'd be a prime piece to a trade, but he'd be a nice additional piece to a package.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
Sucks for them that Sizemore has completely fizzled out. LaPorta seems to be figuring it out, as he's hitting a lot of rockets these days.

LaPorta is a good piece. Sizemore is made of glass and Hafner isn't the force he used to be. If those two guys were still performing like everyone thought they would, things would look a lot different for that organization.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
2 more @ CLE

3 vs TEX

3 vs TOR

4 @ TB

3 @ BOS

by Aug 1

Wow, they really couldn't afford to lose these past two games with that kind of schedule coming up.

I think the Twins and Tigers are both in the same position...if they don't get a starting pitcher, I don't like their chances. That's why having Dan Hudson is so important to the Sox. I think he's going to be more than adequate, while the other four do their thing.

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)

Let's be thankful that it appears Sizemore and Cabrera (the latter to a lesser extent) will never be the same. I would want no part of a Sizemore/Cabrera/Choo/Santana/Laporta offensive core for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
Let's be thankful that it appears Sizemore and Cabrera (the latter to a lesser extent) will never be the same. I would want no part of a Sizemore/Cabrera/Choo/Santana/Laporta offensive core for the foreseeable future.

I think Cabrera will come back to form, but their starting pitching is too weak to be worried about them as a whole, even if those guys come back to life.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 11:17 PM)
Tigers lose both!

We better beat the Twins today, though. I don't like the idea of starting off the second half by losing a series to (what I'd say is) our main opponent for the division. And if they lose today, it will remind me way too much of the way they started off the season: a great win followed by pretty discouraging losses.

The pitching and defense need to get back to how they were, or at least similar to it.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 12:24 PM)
How did Jhonny hit a 3 run inside-the-park homer?

Hit a long flyball to center, Raburn (CF) tried to leap and catch it against the wall, missed, ball bounced off the wall back into center-field as Raburn busted open the bullpen door and fell down.