2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)
The Twins lineup really, really scares me.

We were saying the same thing back in April and May. Every team goes through the motions. There were times where the Twins offense looked like ours.

The Twins lineup is currently 5th in the AL in runs. The Sox are 8th and probably would be 7th if the Angels hadn't played 4 more games than us.

They're a good lineup, but they're by no means putting up an awe-inspiring season like I thought they could.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
We were saying the same thing back in April and May. Every team goes through the motions. There were times where the Twins offense looked like ours.

Yeah, but Mauer has underachieved (by his standards) most of the year. He's really heating up of late. If he goes 2009 the rest of the way it could be curtains.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
The Twins lineup is currently 5th in the AL in runs. The Sox are 8th and probably would be 7th if the Angels hadn't played 4 more games than us.

They're a good lineup, but they're by no means putting up an awe-inspiring season like I thought they could.

There are doing this with Morneau on the DL mostly this month, Hudson missing time on the DL, Punto/Hardy's .366 OBP vs lefties on the DL at one time, and about a 40% Joe Mauer since May. Their line-up is legit. Young is having an incredible year, and I don't expect that to last, but Kubel and Span are having down years for their perspectives. They need a 3B though.. but the way Valencia is hitting, they might be even more dangerous and don't need to trade to get one.

Their pitching is what I never would have thought would be this good. (though I told wite a while back Liriano was going to be very good or "back" this year) Thank god Joe Nathan is gone for the season. Rauch would have made for an excellent set-up man (or a solid MR in the 7th inning to turn to Guerrier).

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)
Yeah, but Mauer has underachieved (by his standards) most of the year. He's really heating up of late. If he goes 2009 the rest of the way it could be curtains.

Everyone has down years. Let's hope this is his and he stays there without Morneau's protection.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 03:20 PM)
wow, for some reason I thought the Sox played the O's during that month were you won 40 games

Punto just left the game, sound like a pulled hamstring

That's only bad for the Twins if he is out against the Sox...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)

Morneau pretty much did what Mauer did for them earlier in the year and then some. Now he's got this concussion issue and might not be the same player you saw in the first half. It's only natural that Mauer would then go on and rip the s*** out of the ball. So things even out I guess.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 11:21 AM)
Think they might even unload a player if they're 7 back after tomorrow?

That would be funny as hell.

"Hey, we just gave up a good prospect for a bad 3B, but now we suck, so you wanna unload now?"

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 11:25 AM)
They sort of remind me of the Angels right now. From buyers to potential sellers at the flip of a switch. They have too many holes to fill IMO.

Might have been good for both teams.