2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I havent really been paying attention..but are the Twins resting their starters for the playoffs? Cause i see they've lost 5 straight and have given up 10+ runs 3 times.

It's not like they are far behind the Yankees and Rays for best record in the AL/Homefield advantage (which they would really need)

Stumbling or Resting?

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 06:35 AM)
Now I've heard it all. A White Sox fan who thinks that winning the World Series is getting old? Maybe in 83 years you'll appreciate it again.

That's the type of thinking that will cause another 83 years of waiting for another.

No thanks.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 11:27 AM)
I havent really been paying attention..but are the Twins resting their starters for the playoffs? Cause i see they've lost 5 straight and have given up 10+ runs 3 times.

It's not like they are far behind the Yankees and Rays for best record in the AL/Homefield advantage (which they would really need)

Stumbling or Resting?

It's now 4 of 5 games they have given up 10+. In one of those starts Liriano left with the flu and then the bullpen got rocked. But the other three were s***ty starts by Pavano, Slowey, & Blackburn.

Mauer hasn't played since the 19th due to knee inflammation. Thome has been out for a week with back issues. Hardy has been out with migraines too. Other than that I think most of their regulars have been playing most games. The offense has been fine for the most part. Getting shut down by Verlander is normal, all though last night they couldn't score on the mighty Sean O'Sullivan.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 12:43 PM)
It's now 4 of 5 games they have given up 10+. In one of those starts Liriano left with the flu and then the bullpen got rocked. But the other three were s***ty starts by Pavano, Slowey, & Blackburn.

Mauer hasn't played since the 19th due to knee inflammation. Thome has been out for a week with back issues. Hardy has been out with migraines too. Other than that I think most of their regulars have been playing most games. The offense has been fine for the most part. Getting shut down by Verlander is normal, all though last night they couldn't score on the mighty Sean O'Sullivan.

In other words...they're resting anyone with any kind of issue at all for the playoffs rather than fighting for home field the whole way.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 11:43 AM)

Mauer and Thome are nursing small injuries. But they could also just be cooling off - they've been better than anyone could have envisioned since June.