2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)
How dare that I be pissed off that the Twins created a team much better than us while we wasted our money away this offseason and last year. I can't see any reason to be upset at the fact that the Twins are significantly better than us. YOu are right, I apologize.

Besides (and don't take this personally) acting like a b****, what are you really accomplishing? You've made it PAINFULLY obvious EVERY day what you think of the situation in the central. You've given the Twins the division less than 15 games into the season. We suck. They rule. We blow. They're great. f*** KW. f*** Ozzie. Pods >>>>>>>> Pierre. Twins='27 Yankees. Sox='03 Tigers. WE GET IT!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
Besides (and don't take this personally) acting like a b****, what are you really accomplishing? You've made it PAINFULLY obvious EVERY day what you think of the situation in the central. You've given the Twins the division less than 15 games into the season. We suck. They rule. We blow. They're great. f*** KW. f*** Ozzie. Pods >>>>>>>> Pierre. Twins='27 Yankees. Sox='03 Tigers. WE GET IT!

You've done a good job summing up how I feel. I guess you are right that it does no good to keep saying it over and over. A summer with no meaningful baseball to watch just makes me really angry I guess.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
You could argue the Sox had just as much talent as the Twins every year since our rivalry with them started during the 21st century. This year, it's not even comparable.

Yeah, that is a good way to put it. Every other year I feel we have had a team that could at least compete with the best other team in the division, even in 06. This year just feels like we are a minor league team compared with the Twins. And I think the thing that really has me worried is that it is going to be hard to change it for the next couple years.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
Royals explode for 6 runs against the Twins, threaten to win one game.

The big question now is whether the middle relief can get the game to Soria or not.

Middle relief? It's only the 4th inning, the Twins have already cut it to 7-3.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)
for anyone that is wondering, Target Field seems to be playing 'big' in this early season. The Power alleys are death traps for long outs. You can seem to carry the ball a little down the extreme left field foul pole area. The BoSox players crushed a few balls and they turned into out. Delmon Young has hit about 5 balls hard into power gaps all outs (Although Scotty Pods made a pretty good play tonight to rob Delmon of a hit)

Not surprising, especially this time of year. I'll stick with my original guess, that it will play big in April-May, then play small in summer when the W and SW winds prevail.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 04:25 PM)
Yeah, that is a good way to put it. Every other year I feel we have had a team that could at least compete with the best other team in the division, even in 06. This year just feels like we are a minor league team compared with the Twins. And I think the thing that really has me worried is that it is going to be hard to change it for the next couple years.

I still think the Sox pitching in general and outfield defense is far superior to the Twins. Also, as much as I dislike the offense, I really don't think the Sox are going to put up a .687 team OPS, nor are they going to average 4.07 runs a game (which is a 660 run pace).

The Twins lineup is obviously far superior to the Sox lineup right now and could be enough to win them the division. I highly doubt the Sox will simply fall by the wayside, and highly doubt Williams sits on his thumbs all year.

Some of us don't think anybody is listening (reading) so we repeat ourselves ad nauseum. Could be a bad thing.

the Twins are still scoring in weird ways without the dome. Check out the 3rd inning from tonights game

- J. Morneau singled to center

- M. Cuddyer singled to shallow right, J. Morneau to second

- J. Kubel struck out swinging

- D. Young safe at first on shortstop A. Cabrera's fielding error, J. Morneau to third, M. Cuddyer to second

- J.J. Hardy walked, J. Morneau scored, M. Cuddyer to third, D. Young to second

- M. Cuddyer scored, D. Young to third, J.J. Hardy to second on wild pitch, D. Young scored, J.J. Hardy to third on J. Masterson's fielding error

- B. Harris hit sacrifice fly to center, J.J. Hardy scored

- D. Span struck out swinging

thats right 4 runs on 2 hits totaling about 375 feet

The Royals shook up their bullpen prior to Friday’s series opener against Minnesota by releasing veteran Juan Cruz and designating Luis Mendoza for assignment.

Those two moves cleared space for the club to purchase the contracts of veterans Brad Thompson and Bruce Chen from Class AAA Omaha.

Link

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
I still think the Sox pitching in general and outfield defense is far superior to the Twins. Also, as much as I dislike the offense, I really don't think the Sox are going to put up a .687 team OPS, nor are they going to average 4.07 runs a game (which is a 660 run pace).

The Twins lineup is obviously far superior to the Sox lineup right now and could be enough to win them the division. I highly doubt the Sox will simply fall by the wayside, and highly doubt Williams sits on his thumbs all year.

Liar. Nothing but lies.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 08:38 PM)
Miguel Cabrera is amazing

I've said it before in some thread when some idiot bashed him. Worth every penny. Get drunk all you want Miggy.. improve every year like you've been doing. Found it.. pages 16-19.. alittle bit on page 23 in the horrid/long A-Gon thread. (I just highlighted 17 cause from there... it gets good, Kal defends him as well) Said it again in the other A-Gon thread. Don't talk s*** if you don't know s*** about one of the best. Sorry Steve. :lol:

IMPROVING every year in the AL... ridiculous this guy is.

Edited by SoxAce

Austin Jackson has had a strong opening to the season, batting .316/.372/.468 in 18 games. He picked up his first home run Sunday. It’s not going to last -- he’s benefitting from something between good luck and a swing so accurate it can’t possibly last. Jackson is making very poor contact, leading the AL in strikeouts and whiffing at a rate that would work out to over 220 strikeouts in 600 at-bats. Simultaneously, he’s hitting .500 on balls in play, which is to say that half of everything he actually makes contact with falls in. The reason for that, in turn, is a line-drive rate of 33 percent. The line drive rate for all batters this year is about 18 percent. Last year it was 19 percent. We have no way of knowing what the average line-drive rate was in, say, 1912, but I very much doubt even Ty Cobb hit one-third of balls solidly over a full season. As such, don’t put Jackson down for Rookie of the Year just yet…
Link

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 09:58 AM)
So... is Rick Porcello showing us why you don't throw a 20 year old into the fire for a ton of innings against Major Leaguers? He can't get anyone out.

He had an ERA north of 6 in April last year too. I don't think the Tigers are really all that good, but Porcello is fine.