2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Punk Carlos Gomez hit a 3-run homer for the Brewers when the score was 15-0 Twins. He dropped the bat like the punk that he is, and it made contact with Mauer behind the plate. Expect something to happen tomorrow-it should. The game is on MLB network.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 21, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)
Punk Carlos Gomez hit a 3-run homer for the Brewers when the score was 15-0 Twins. He dropped the bat like the punk that he is, and it made contact with Mauer behind the plate. Expect something to happen tomorrow-it should. The game is on MLB network.

Look at it this way, the Twins let him do that while he was with them, but now they don't like it when it's against them. I don't approve of those antics, but I'm glad it happened to them as they always have players that do that to other teams and they find it okay.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 21, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)

Watched the video. Looks like Mauer said something to Gomez after he tagged home plate, Gomez gave some dumb-ass reaction with his hands.

LOL @ Denard Span.

Bases loaded, tie game, 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth.

He hits a 3-1 pitch deep to right and shoots his arm in the air triumphantly. Corey Hart then goes to the warning track and catches it fairly easily. Span sheepishly tosses his helmet off.

I guess they're still not used to playing in that park.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ May 22, 2010 -> 06:54 PM)
LOL @ Denard Span.

Bases loaded, tie game, 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth.

He hits a 3-1 pitch deep to right and shoots his arm in the air triumphantly. Corey Hart then goes to the warning track and catches it fairly easily. Span sheepishly tosses his helmet off.

I guess they're still not used to playing in that park.

That was Delmon Young. Twins win anyway.

Wow, Jorge was right. I got my innings mixed up.

Edited by Jordan4life

Ha. I was willing to concede that it was Young because I had been watching on my netbook and reading at the same time. I was watching in the 9th, though. I guess it would be silly if I confused a LHB with a RHB.

Anyway, Span did hit it hard--just not hard enough. It was the fist pump that was amusing.

On Francisco Liriano: "I saw him the start after he threw 123 pitches, and his delivery and arm slot weren't the same. And they haven't been the same since. The plane of his pitches wasn't good. And the velocity wasn't what it used to be in the Dominican [this past winter] and spring training."
Stark. Liriano put up a 0.93 ERA in April and 5.28 in May. Batters hit .180 off him in April and .313 in May.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 27, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)
Stark. Liriano put up a 0.93 ERA in April and 5.28 in May. Batters hit .180 off him in April and .313 in May.

The arm slot thing might be true. Here's the release points by pitch f/x.

This is early on in the year.

http://pitchfx.texasleaguers.com/charts/re...0120100410AAAAA

Much more consistent with a few of them a bit off on the outside. Most of them are towards the left, a higher release point.

http://pitchfx.texasleaguers.com/charts/re...1520100528AAAAA

He's throwing a lot more sliders and it looks like the release point is all over the place. More so to the right, meaning a lower arm slot release.

He's also throwing about 5% more sliders as of late. It's getting near the amount of fastballs he throws.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 29, 2010 -> 12:36 AM)
Miguel Cabrera had himself a night. He and Evan Longoria have been the clear-cut best players and leading MVP candidates to this point.

It disappointed me to see Longoria dog it down the first base line when he hit that double. Hopefully this is something he learns from, not builds on as he gets more experienced and becomes even a better hitter.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 29, 2010 -> 12:36 AM)
Miguel Cabrera had himself a night. He and Evan Longoria have been the clear-cut best players and leading MVP candidates to this point.

Justin Morneau's OPS is almost 100 points higher than Miguel Cabrera's, and he has played good defense this year (opposed to Cabrera's terrible defense). I'd say Justin Morneau is the leading candidate for MVP, and everyone else is trying to play catchup.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 29, 2010 -> 12:14 PM)
Justin Morneau's OPS is almost 100 points higher than Miguel Cabrera's, and he has played good defense this year (opposed to Cabrera's terrible defense). I'd say Justin Morneau is the leading candidate for MVP, and everyone else is trying to play catchup.

You know what, I didn't even realize how disgusting Morneau's numbers were until Kalapse posted in another thread that he's sporting an absurd .494 wOBA. My pick to this point would be Longoria, as he's the best two-way player in the AL on the best team in baseball. But I have no problem with anybody who'd go with Morneau.

Edited by Jordan4life