2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, G-Load homered,

Runners on 1st and 2nd (Mauer and Morneau walked) in the top of the 11th, one out

Rauch is hitting still after blowing the save, only one sacrifice bunt ever....he will try to move the runners over to 2nd and 3rd but is now down 0-2 in the count

Rauch actually has homered off Roger Clemens....gets SAC bunt down with 2 strikes

Delmon Young just got an infield hit, Twins back up by 1. Should have put Rauch away when they had the chance and that run wouldn't have scored on the infield single...and should have walked Young probably to face Tolbert.

Ozzie haters would have fun with Manuel's managing in this one.

Looks like game....Tolbert with a two run double, 13-10 Twins.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 07:04 PM)
Game. I know this shouldn't take away from the Sox win today. But I had this one booked in the L column for the Twins. Kind of sucks.

They face Halladay tomorrow and we can get to .500 with a win. That would be a success in its own right.

Yeah, it's disappointing but none of this means anything unless they can carry over their success to the AL again.

It's a big shot of adrenaline in the arm for the starting rotation when the season basically seemed lost, but we're still at least 2 bats short, maybe one if Viciedo miraculously has a 2nd half like Beckham last year or Beckham can actually get going and sustain his momentum for 6-8 weeks.

Something of a precarious situation...because the Twins/Tigers are still clearly the favorites...KW basically has no choice but to stand pat and make some "tinkering" moves, nothing like bringing in Contreras/Garcia or Peavy/Rios at mid-season is possible (of course, we've been surprised before with KW, and it will definitely happen again).

At best, he can trade away Flowers to get something in return, but I just don't see that happening, because to compete at a lower payroll he has to see what Tyler has got at the major league level. It's not like Tyler Flowers and/or Danks are going to get us that final, missing piece, and trading Hudson would be even more foolhardy.

Edited by caulfield12

Something weird just happened in the Tigers game.

Edwin Jackson throws a wild pitch, but it hits right off the back stop and directly back to the catcher. It must have hit metal, because it was like a line drive back at Snyder.

Mags, thinking it's a sure wild pitch, takes off for third, only to get picked off.

Edited by chw42

Interesting to see the ex-Sox factor in the 9th inning of the Twins-Phils game today...

Jim Thome cracked a two-run homer in the top of the ninth off Jose Contreras.

Then Ross Gload hit a game tying homer off Jon Rauch with two outs in the bottom of the ninth to send it to extras.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)
Interesting to see the ex-Sox factor in the 9th inning of the Twins-Phils game today...

Jim Thome cracked a two-run homer in the top of the ninth off Jose Contreras.

Then Ross Gload hit a game tying homer off Jon Rauch with two outs in the bottom of the ninth to send it to extras.

Wow! I knew that but didn't even really think about how bizarre that is!

Damn Phils!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 10:56 PM)
Wow! I knew that but didn't even really think about how bizarre that is!

Damn Phils!

I made a mistake... Gload's HR was in the 10th.

One other interesting note. Both Thome and Gload's homeruns were pinch-hits.

Maybe the Tigers have someone they think can pitch every 5th game better than Porcello. I don't think the Sox are in that position with 2B, and Beckham. Let's face it, if CJ Retherford went to AAA this year and hit .300, he would have been up. But he sucked and now is back in AA.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 12:07 PM)
Porcello down to AAA.

If the Tigers can make that move, we can send Beckham down as well.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 02:02 PM)
Maybe the Tigers have someone they think can pitch every 5th game better than Porcello. I don't think the Sox are in that position with 2B, and Beckham. Let's face it, if CJ Retherford went to AAA this year and hit .300, he would have been up. But he sucked and now is back in AA.

If they're trying Viciedo out at 3rd, then Vizquel can play 2b for a week or so. And Lillincredible can back him up!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 01:19 PM)
If they're trying Viciedo out at 3rd, then Vizquel can play 2b for a week or so. And Lillincredible can back him up!

This.

At least Vizquel's hitting well above the mendoza line.

And if you brought up Dayan, you need to play him every day.