2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 12:34 PM)
Johan's been regressing like crazy. His K rate is way down and he's giving up more home runs.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 01:48 PM)
I watched him pitch last Sunday, and he looked terrible. his fastball was topping out at 89.

There's about 10 pitchers in the NL alone that I would rank over Johan. That's crazy to think considering he's was pretty much the most feared pitcher in baseball a few years ago.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)
Detroit's home record is simply amazing.

How are the Tigers doing it? Are the Tigers ultimately Central champs?

What??? Lets look at some home records around baseball

DET 25-11

NYY 25-10

TEX 26-12

ATL 25-7

NYM 27-11

STL 23-12

SF 25-12

There's about 3 or 4 other teams within 2 or 3 games of the Tigers home record. Amazing.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 08:22 PM)
Peter Moylan missed the outside corner by about 6 inches and got away with it against Damon and the Tigers with the bases loaded.

Thank you umpire.

Fox announcer said it was the first time he'd ever seen a game end on a strikeout on a pitchout.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)
Jim Thome just hit a triple

:lol:

Saw it on the Twins main site. No doubt that will be the last triple that big man will ever hit. (though I thought the one he hit in 2004 was gonna be the last one. :lol:)

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 12:11 PM)
Thome had a 3B and a HR (opposite field no less!) last night. Digging around some stats after the triple, I found this interesting

Thome- 571 HR/ 25 3B

Harmon Killebrew -573 HR/ 24 3B

When Thome was on this team, he was not the slowest guy, in terms of effective speed on the bases. Konerko was definitely slower, Crede was slower too in 2006-2007, and AJ might even be slower. Thome is big and not very fast, but he's not as incredibly slow as some people think.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 01:15 PM)
So how badly does the injury affect the Tigers? Are the Twins and Sox the front runners with a big piece of the Tiger bullpen out for the year or does Detroit manage, kind of like the Twins have without Nathan?

The Tigers have plenty of live arms in the minors. It shouldn't be a huge problem.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:15 AM)
Alfonso Marquez blew an incredible tag play right in front of his eyes at 3rd tonight. It didn't end up affecting anything, but I don't know what the f*** he was thinking.

What was even stranger was Cuddyer not even arguing it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:03 AM)
Well, Gardenhire sure did, so maybe he thought it was pointless...I admit I was thinking the same thing though.

Very strange inning, as Shoppach didn't tag up then on a diving catch by Kubel, and then in the bottom of the inning, Soriano threw 5 straight pitches to Hudson that were in the K zone, and 2 of them were called balls.