2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)
A mega-deal of Aramis Ramirez and Lilly makes a ton of sense for the Tigers.

If the Cubs can dump some money, they would have to do it. I almost wonder if something more Cabrera-esque could happen where they get A-Ram, but also have to take on Z.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 11:50 PM)
If the Cubs can dump some money, they would have to do it. I almost wonder if something more Cabrera-esque could happen where they get A-Ram, but also have to take on Z.

I can't remember the last time I saw a team take on that much salary as a "dumped" player.

If the Tigers don't make some moves, they're as good as done with the schedule they have for the next 28 days.

They have 14 road games against the Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, and the Sox. Talk about the possibility of getting your ass whopped.

They're also 16-29 on the road, so...good chance they're done by mid-August.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 10:17 AM)
If the Tigers don't make some moves, they're as good as done with the schedule they have for the next 28 days.

They have 14 road games against the Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, and the Sox. Talk about the possibility of getting your ass whopped.

They're also 16-29 on the road, so...good chance they're done by mid-August.

I saw realized this last night. Hard to believe a team could make the postseason with such an inability to win on the road.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 10:44 AM)
I saw realized this last night. Hard to believe a team could make the postseason with such an inability to win on the road.

The craziest one ever is still the 87 Twins. 56-25 at home, 29-52 on the road. Second fewest wins for a World Series team ever, beaten only by the 2006 Cards who won 83 games during the regular season. That Cardinals team was 34-47 on the road.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 06:30 PM)
Is there a more terrifying 2-6 in baseball than what Texas throws out there every night?

Young

Kinsler

Hamilton

Guerrero

Cruz

I would hate to face this team. The fact that Cruz hits 6th is scary. This is like our 06 offense, but even better.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 06:33 PM)
Young

Kinsler

Hamilton

Guerrero

Cruz

I would hate to face this team. The fact that Cruz hits 6th is scary. This is like our 06 offense, but even better.

What's crazy is, if they REALLY wanted to, they'd have enough pieces in the farm to acquire Prince or Dunn and slide him over to 1B in place of the garbage Chris Davis.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 06:35 PM)
What's crazy is, if they REALLY wanted to, they'd have enough pieces in the farm to acquire Prince or Dunn and slide him over to 1B in place of the garbage Chris Davis.

And Bengie Molina is somehow hitting again. Andrus isn't a bad leadoff man either.

Man the Indians defense sucks.

That official scorer in Minnesota must be blind, a ball went right off of Jason Donald's glove that was hit right at him and he ruled it a hit.

Either that or he's doing favors for the Twins hitters. Another reason why errors are a horrible way to evaluate defense. Not only is it subjective, but these guys are doing favors for their home town hitters at times.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 07:25 PM)
Man the Indians defense sucks.

That official scorer in Minnesota must be blind, a ball went right off of Jason Donald's glove that was hit right at him and he ruled it a hit.

Either that or he's doing favors for the Twins hitters. Another reason why errors are a horrible way to evaluate defense. Not only is it subjective, but these guys are doing favors for their home town hitters at times.

All you have to do is go back and watch the Rios/TCQ play from our series to know that.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 11:32 AM)
i'm way more worried about the twins than the tigers....

the tigers don't play a team below .500 til august 20th...a full month

the twins on the other hand have a much more favorable schedule

Hard to take any team seriously that's 15 below on the road. I agree. It's coming down to us and the Twins.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 11:48 AM)
Hard to take any team seriously that's 15 below on the road. I agree. It's coming down to us and the Twins.

I would not be surprised at all to see the Tigers make a few moves to stay in the race.