2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 01:14 PM)
The Rays just intentionally walked MCab for the 3rd straight game with runners on 1st & 2nd. And for the 3rd straight game the move worked.

This is the same manager that intentionally walked Josh Hamilton with the bases loaded, 2 outs and a 4 run lead in Arlington during one of Hamilton's torrid hot streaks in 2008. I love the way Joe Maddon's mind works.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:04 PM)
Jose Valverde threw 60 (!!!!) pitches, 28 strikes, to nail down the win for the Tigers tonight

Threw 5 walks, gave up a grand slam to Big Papi, but luckily they were up five runs, so they still pulled out the win.

Royals still want to deal Jose Guillen after he clears waivers or gets claimed by a team on waivers, it was said before the game tonight.

I would not have been against acquiring Ankiel. Was he the lefthanded bat we should have acquired?

Yost, by the way, loves Getz.

Minnesota Twins. Not only did the Twins give up one of their biggest trade chips in Ramos, they got a pitcher in Matt Capps whose cost will be prohibitive with Joe Nathan(notes) returning at $11.25 million next year. A non-tender is almost certain, with Capps due upward of $6 million, which means they gave up six years of a potential power-hitting catcher for a reliever who will throw 35 innings max.

It doesn’t matter if you’re getting Mariano Rivera(notes) in his prime: Unless a relief pitcher pulls off some remarkable escapes from trouble and his team wins the World Series, he simply will not be worth six years of a prospect, the first three of which cost only $400,000 a season.

Surely Ramos could have fetched a starting pitcher, a far greater position of need than bullpen for the Twins. They’ve got Francisco Liriano(notes), Carl Pavano(notes) and … well, there’s plenty of room on the Kevin Slowey(notes)/Scott Baker/Brian Duensing(notes) bandwagon.

passan/yahoosports

Jose Guillen is a player there's at least a 33% chance he gets to us...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 11:27 PM)
Yost, by the way, loves Getz.

And Ozzie loves Mark Kotsay. Managers tend to fall in love with some players for odd reasons. Often those reasons seem to extend beyond being any good at baseball.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 08:41 AM)
Carlos Santana was carted off last night after an impact at home.

I watched this live last night and my girlfriend and I both had the type of reaction that most have at brutal scenes of a horror movie. It looked extremely painful. Initial reports are that it's not as bad as it looks, which is good because looked like his knee bent backwards, but I'd imagine Santana will atleast see the 15 day DL, which is a shame because he's a hell of a ball player (and my fantasy baseball catcher).

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 10:47 AM)
Hopefully he shaves that stupid thing off.

Also, my baby is cooler than your baby, so there.

He and Drew Butera need to realize that they're not in a game of Mario and Luigi.

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 08:53 AM)
I watched this live last night and my girlfriend and I both had the type of reaction that most have at brutal scenes of a horror movie. It looked extremely painful. Initial reports are that it's not as bad as it looks, which is good because looked like his knee bent backwards, but I'd imagine Santana will atleast see the 15 day DL, which is a shame because he's a hell of a ball player (and my fantasy baseball catcher).

It was up there with the Willis McGhee (sp?) leg injury in the BCS Championship Game years ago, it was gruesome.