2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 10:06 PM)
the next 2 games are pretty much must wins for the Twins...just to show themselves that they can win a couple games against the elite teams

Well, hard to judge without Morneau in there.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 02:01 AM)

With Morneaus' injury I would think that you really can't count on him being there any longer. Not saying he's done, but he could come and go at any time it sounds like.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:30 AM)
With Morneaus' injury I would think that you really can't count on him being there any longer. Not saying he's done, but he could come and go at any time it sounds like.

If he's still experiencing concussion symptoms at this point, then basically...you can't expect him back this season. He might make it back in mid/late September, but even that might be risky for him.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 02:01 AM)

true, but the Twins still offer a pretty good lineup without him

Because they play in the East, I sometimes forget about the Rays and how good of a team that is. They can run, field, hit, slug, and the starting pitchers are outstanding. I hope they get their stadium situation taken care of. They are playing awesome baseball, took over 1st place, playing a decent team in the Twins, and only 17,000+ people show up to the game last night

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 09:16 AM)

Because they play in the East, I sometimes forget about the Rays and how good of a team that is. They can run, field, hit, slug, and the starting pitchers are outstanding. I hope they get their stadium situation taken care of. They are playing awesome baseball, took over 1st place, playing a decent team in the Twins, and only 17,000+ people show up to the game last night

That place is a straight up s*** hole. Went to a game there in late May and it's easily the worst stadium experience I've ever had.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 09:16 AM)

My dad was talking about how good they looked. He said that Pavano actually looked really good Monday night and that the Rays were just hitting really good pitches. It's amazing how far that team has come in 4 years. I don't think that there is any question that the Rays and Yankees are the two best teams in baseball, and quite frankly, Boston might be the 3rd best team in baseball when they're healthy.

Young giveth and taketh away.

He had really struggled in the first two games with RISP...and gave up the beautiful start by Baker with his typical defense, on a ball 80-90% of LFers catch.

But he did come back to get his 82nd RBI, and the game winner, after the dreaded leadoff walk.

Interesting choice by Gardenhire to go with Guerrier for the "save" when they could have used Rauch...and it's nice to make Capps think saving games in the AL will be much more difficult.