2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 09:39 PM)
neither were any that were called in the bottom of the 8th. The Twins have had this crew for the last 5 games. Check out the scores.

Not true at all. Actually, I don't think any crew has ever called back to back series with the same team.

It just seems they get every possible call to go their way...Santiago seemed like he was safe and would have been at 2nd with a chance to be the winning run, and he was deemed out.

Especially playing at home, anything to do with Joe Mauer, it's like the umpires anticipate them being the better team and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. That's now 8 losses in 9 tries for the Tigers there.

And Scherzer pitched like an absolute ace, throwing 97-98 in the 9th inning. Plus the Tigers made some mental errors, running into a DP they shouldn't have.

I can't believe the Sox go through this all the time.

They get left to praying for the Twins to suddenly suck when all the Sox had to do was play better baseball against s***ty teams before we get to this point.

It makes it all that important to beat the Royals, Indians (nice job in finally sweeping Cle) and Tigers and at least go .500 vs. the Twins if we hope to win the division.

I wonder what the odds are of us winning the division are right now when you take into consideration the fact Minnie has a much easier schedule.