2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Casper Wells' first career homer.

The Twins have given the Tigers about 5 "unearned/sloppy" runs this series, but Verlander/Rhymes messed up that double play and I almost gave up.

Then almost gave up again.

This will really really suck if the Tigers don't win after coming back to tie it twice. It was bad enough that Baker was knocked out with a sore elbow, Verlander was pitching with a 2-0 lead.

Cabrera has sucked A-S this series....had the bases loaded with no outs in the first and struck out and they only scored one. And I think there's a rule that the Twins automatically score when they lead off the 7th/8th/9th with a walk or single.

4 homers for the Tigers tonight on a night the ball shouldn't be carrying...even with the Twins playing sloppy baseball, they're still not far off from three one-run victories, despite everything.

Typical Twins-like game for us as sox fans. They either get the lead, somehow the other team ties it, then they win it in the 9th/extras or the other team is leading, and the Twins come back late to win it. Not holding my breath on the Tigers winning this one, but I'll stay optimistic. Hey, maybe they are paying us back when we beat them to force a game 163 against the Twins last season. ;) Miggy was my MVP a week ago (sorry Josh, he was beating you in every statistical category minus average, teams be damned). Now, he is quickly costing himself that award in my eyes at least.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
Typical Twins-like game for us as sox fans. They either get the lead, somehow the other team ties it, then they win it in the 9th/extras or the other team is leading, and the Twins come back late to win it. Not holding my breath on the Tigers winning this one, but I'll stay optimistic. Hey, maybe they are paying us back when we beat them to force a game 163 against the Twins last season. ;) Miggy was my MVP a week ago (sorry Josh, he was beating you in every statistical category minus average, teams be damned). Now, he is quickly costing himself that award in my eyes at least.

Not to mention the fact that Cabrera mysteriously disappeared due to "biceps tendonitis" and yet Hamilton's playing with two cortisone shots in his knee in the last 30 days.

Who do you think the voters will pick, especially with how the last week went down for the Tigers and Cabrera in 2009?

And the Rangers are in first, the Tigers are the definition of underachieving.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)

It goes back to the meaning of "valuable". Personally if the final week of the season has zero meaning to your team, you should not be in the running for MVP.

What's funny is the Tigers and Sox will have identical 5-10 records against MINN this season.

There's your division, right there.

But losing 8/9 at that park, the Tigers and White Sox both are feeling the Piranha Jinx up there...and this includes the 2006/09 Twins chasing down the Tigers from seemingly insurmountable division leads.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 10:32 PM)
It goes back to the meaning of "valuable". Personally if the final week of the season has zero meaning to your team, you should not be in the running for MVP.

It was just amazing to me the freak numbers that man was putting up with no protection, lots of injuries, and that team as bad as they've been not to mention the respect he gets with his IBB. He was near triple crown status just a week ago. (I thought he was going to catch Josh in average, only Bautista and his freak year in homers is what Miggy probably would not catch) I would say now it's Hamiltons to lose, but now Konerko is more of an MVP candidate/runner up than Cabrera.

Edited by J.Reedfan8