2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 07:02 PM)
Might be a blessing for the Twins honestly. Obviously they want Morneau, but they've done well without him in the lineup. Plus his a career .306 hitter with a .929 OPS pre All-Star break , and only a .260 hitter with a .791 OPS post All-Star break.

Justin Morneau is one of the best players in baseball. There's no "blessing" in not having him. If he and Nathan are healthy, our season is over last month.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Span already robbed a homer off Murphy's bat.

If the White Sox brought up a journeyman AAA pitcher with a fastball topping out at 90 MPH, what are the odds the Rangers would only have scored 1 run off him? Then again, Harrell wasn't expected to do anything and he at least held his own in his spot start.

Oh, well. Holland has pitched pretty well for the Rangers too, he's had his way with Mauer so far.

Is that Keith Moreland's son playing 1B? I know I'm getting older when there are so many kids of former players in the majors these days.

77 pitches through 5 IP for Fox, I give up. It's now proven that any Twins' minor leaguer can be recalled with zero notice and play competently in the majors.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 08:49 PM)
Span already robbed a homer off Murphy's bat.

If the White Sox brought up a journeyman AAA pitcher with a fastball topping out at 90 MPH, what are the odds the Rangers would only have scored 1 run off him? Then again, Harrell wasn't expected to do anything and he at least held his own in his spot start.

Oh, well. Holland has pitched pretty well for the Rangers too, he's had his way with Mauer so far.

Is that Keith Moreland's son playing 1B? I know I'm getting older when there are so many kids of former players in the majors these days.

Like Harrell?

Yeah, I already added Harrell's name, but Torres and Hudson didn't pitch so well for us. And he was on a teeter-totter that entire game long where he was one clutch hit away from being knocked out of the ballgame.

Go back and names like Felix Diaz, Josh Stewart, Matt Ginter, Mike Porzio and Arnie Munoz conjure up nightmares...although Diaz did have one very good start against the Cubs that I can recollect.

Edited by caulfield12