2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 03:32 AM)
MLB Gameday says Josh Hamilton left the game with a back problem. So, maybe he could be out the rest of the series? Awesome.

Lower back spasms, considering he was going to sit on Sunday, it seems likely he's out the rest of the series.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)
Alex Cora vs Mark Kotsay would be a good running contest

Is there any doubt anymore that the Twins are going to win the Central? They just find ways to win. Where we do the exact opposite (unless we knock the ball outta the park).

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 03:44 AM)
Is there any doubt anymore than the Twins are going to win the Central? They just find ways to win. Where we do the exact opposite (unless we knock the ball outta the park).

Gardenhire has done a brilliant job with that team considering the injuries.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 10:45 PM)
Gardenhire has done a brilliant job with that team considering the injuries.

Just that game, he should be the manager of the year, not Washington. I'm sure Ron will win it though.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

I just hope the Twins get it out of their system and finally win the WS this year.

Then maybe they'll start to suck.

You'd think one of these seasons they'd faceplant after sucking in the playoffs, but every year they are right in it, again.

There's no way in hell we have a chance w/out sweeping that series in the Cell and that is highly unlikely.

s***, if Minnie wins tomorrow and we lose two, we're gonna be crying in our beer on Sept. 4.

Do you really prefer the Yankees beating the Twins?

I don't.

Baseball was a lot more interesting from 2001-2008 IMO when there was more competitive balance and parity.

Of course, replacing the Yankees with the Red Sox isn't such a great trade-off, but it's still nice to see other franchises get to the playoffs and actually win the World Series.

It's kind of like the Big 10 during Bowl Season. I almost always cheer for the other B10 teams, although sometimes it's not easy to cheer for Michigan and especially Ohio State.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 09:47 PM)
What I want to know about Borbon's single to right that Repko threw out the runner on was why wasn't Repko playing deep in "no doubles position"? Every other team in baseball would have their outfielders playing no doubles there.

I think it's simply because Borbon is such a weak hitter, like Pierre.

95% of the time, Young and Kubel/Cuddyer would play almost on the warning track...although Span can play shallow from time to time.

Ask Twins' fans how many hits have fallen in short LF and RF this year or between outfielders.

If they had a halfway competent baserunner who'd actually warmed up and wasn't 40 years old, the game might still be going on. And at least Capps isn't available tomorrow, so they'll have to go to another pitcher at the end unless they get a CG.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 01:39 AM)
Do you really prefer the Yankees beating the Twins?

I don't.

Baseball was a lot more interesting from 2001-2008 IMO when there was more competitive balance and parity.

Of course, replacing the Yankees with the Red Sox isn't such a great trade-off, but it's still nice to see other franchises get to the playoffs and actually win the World Series.

It's kind of like the Big 10 during Bowl Season. I almost always cheer for the other B10 teams, although sometimes it's not easy to cheer for Michigan and especially Ohio State.

If the Twins get in, I'm absolutely rooting for them because I want Thome to get a ring.