2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are we kidding guys, the Twins probably would've ended up winning the game anyways. Who knows if the Rangers would've tied it up or taken the lead, but I'm sure the Twins would've scored in the bottom. Still a BS call especially since Young was shifting his momentum on the play and if they did touch it was incidental instead of being on purpose.

Vlad was up with the bases loaded and 2 outs, down by 2. Hits a ball up the middle scoring 1 while Hudson saves the ball from getting past him. Then the 3rd base coach tells Young to go back to third. Their hands might've touched each other when Young was shifting his momentum to go back to third base. The third base umpire called Young out when he wasn't even looking in that direction. He was still looking at Hudson's direction.

The Twins better freaking win the World Series if they're going to continue to get wins like this...this was ALMOST as fluky (or flukey?) as the ball that hit off the speakers in Tampa that won another game for them this year. At this pace, they win 94-95-96 games. Unreal.

We sweep two series and six in a row on the road (the Red Sox for the first time in nearly 20 years) and only make up one game? You've got to be kidding me.

Of course, the Twins have the Royals next, and Kubel's back. And Jim Thome continues to be the biggest story on SoxTalk since at least SoxFest.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 5, 2010 -> 05:27 PM)
The Twins are now 23-10 against the AL West and still have a 3 game series at home with Oakland I believe.

I think the Rangers lost every single game up there this year.

Detroit was 2-7 and obviously could have just as easily finished 1-8.

I don't think anyone could have predicted they would have ended up with even MORE of a home field advantage this year...although against a power hitting team like the Yankees in the playoffs or let's say the Phillies in the World Series, they might be in serious trouble.

Then again, right now it seems like they're the team of destiny, even moreso than the Sox.

Too bad the Rangers don't have to suffer the same fate as the Padres in all likelihood.

And please trade Carlos Quentin for Colby Rasmus, haha. Not that this can or will ever happen. Or, if it did, Quentin would win 2-3 NL MVP awards and team up with Pujols to look like Mantle/Maris or Ortiz/Ramirez.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Sep 5, 2010 -> 05:45 PM)
talk about flukey wins. The Red Sox walk about 19 batters in the 9th to hand you guys a victory

:P

This is about the only time all season the Sox have come back late - it was a borderline miracle that we won the game. I hope Twins fans like you appreciate the combination of bad umpiring and boneheaded plays by the opposition that have enabled their recent run.

Incredible. Let me reiterate what I said the other day, I have never seen a team have so much luck in one season than this one. The cat walk homerun, the botched double plays by Detroit a couple of nights ago, and now this. Granted Minnesota is a good team, but the amount of luck they have this year has been off the charts.

I just hope this luck runs out, because I'm getting sick of hearing about all their BS breaks.