2010 AL Central Catch-All

witesoxfan

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Sep 5, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
Incredible. Let me reiterate what I said the other day, I have never seen a team have so much luck in one season than this one. The cat walk homerun, the botched double plays by Detroit a couple of nights ago, and now this. Granted Minnesota is a good team, but the amount of luck they have this year has been off the charts.

I just hope this luck runs out, because I'm getting sick of hearing about all their BS breaks.

I will say this you create your own luck. Regardless of their fluky wins this year or the last decade, this year I can say they have the better team. Their offense is top of the line and they have a solid pen as always. They just don't beat themselves.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 09:48 PM)
KC annnouncers talked for 5 minutes today about how valuable Thome has been in the Twins locker room.

That's a big bunch of whopping f***ing bulls*** (as it was when he was here). He's valuable because his OPS is about 1000.

Fathom, not picking on you -- just have never believed that crap.

Edited by Friend of Nordhagen

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 02:58 AM)
That's a big bunch of whopping f***ing bulls*** (as it was when he was here). He's valuable because his OPS is about 1000.

I would agree with you on 99% of the players...but Thome might be the exception. I enjoyed hearing the story from Hudson about how Thome bought clothes for all of the younger players last season.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)

Players are human beings, and have emotions. Some players might be non-factors in the clubhouse, but others can be huge factors to a team in that way - positive or negative. I agree with fathom, Thome seems like he might be one of those guys with a significant effect, in his case in the positive sense.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 11:41 PM)
I would love to see Thome win a ring. Hopefully its next year and not in a Twins uniform.

I can't imagine the Twins being dumb enough to not bring him back. Unless he decides he wants to retire. Hell, they'd get to run a "chase for 600" promotion of some sort.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 08:22 AM)
I can't imagine the Twins being dumb enough to not bring him back. Unless he decides he wants to retire. Hell, they'd get to run a "chase for 600" promotion of some sort.

They won't be running that promotion for too long. He should definitely get there before the end of May.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 05:00 PM)
They won't be running that promotion for too long. He should definitely get there before the end of May.

I don't know about definitely May. He's 14 away right now, and enough injuries have cropped up that they'll probably try to give him a bit of extra rest down the stretch if the White Sox are eliminated. He didn't hit his 10th home run this year until early July.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 09:22 AM)

Well it would be nice to see the Twins be so far behind that they sell him off next season during the trade deadline.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
Well it would be nice to see the Twins be so far behind that they sell him off next season during the trade deadline.

It'd be nice for me to suddenly develop 55 HR power and take over as the White Sox starting RF next year, but really, which of those is more likely?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/blogs/102624994.html

Zach Greinke on the Twins

"I don't really understand their team real well," Greinke said. "They change throughout the year. They're different hitters than the first time I faced them. And the first time through the order, they're different than the third time through the order. It's like they make adjustments faster than I can make adjustments."