Round 12, 117: Alexei

Round 12, 118: Rios

Round 16, 154: Pierre

Round 17, 165: Danks

Round 19, 184: Floyd

Round 19, 185: Bobby

Round 19, 190: Buehrle

Round 24, 234: Paulie

Undrafted Sox of Note: Thornton, Putz, AJ, Teahen.

I wouldn't say useless; I'd say their values are limited. I can tell you that I would much rather have one of them in an H2H league than some closer who is putting up a 4.50+ ERA but is getting saves. I'll concede the saves and improve the team ERA, K's, WHIP, and BB within reason.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 08:10 PM)
I wouldn't say useless; I'd say their values are limited. I can tell you that I would much rather have one of them in an H2H league than some closer who is putting up a 4.50+ ERA but is getting saves. I'll concede the saves and improve the team ERA, K's, WHIP, and BB within reason.

Some leagues reward you the same for holds as they do saves, making a guy like Thornton pretty damn valuable.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 08:53 AM)
So as long as you don't mind carrying a .220 average with little pop you are money.

Ugh, the combination of Rios and BJ Uptons second halves absolutely destroyed one of my teams, no matter how many SBs they had earlier in the year.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 04:04 AM)
Interesting how low AJ is on that list. Was he not a top 3 catcher in the AL behind Mauer and V-Mart? Have not looked up other catchers numbers, but from memory I can assume a top 5 in the AL at worst.

His average is tops for catchers but his other stats are not spectacular. His Runs, HRs and RBIs are practically half of what Mauer and V-mart put up. That kinda says something.

I'll take Suzuki, Wieters and possibly Posada and Napoli over him in AL League only drafts.