Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 11:05 AM)
Very cool.

No cook county taxes make all those things a lil cheaper and its nice and clean out here too. They have actually developed the area with more businesses since we moved out here 2 years ago and its still growing by the day it seems.

2 years ago??? Did you go to the menards to buy light fixtures at the electrical department with your wife? I might've helped you before I left the homer glen store for another store.

I remember helping a white guy wearing a white sox shirt that was with a black woman and thinking I wanted to shake their hand because my fiancee is black and that we'd prolly have a lot in common, lol.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 01:29 PM)
2 years ago??? Did you go to the menards to buy light fixtures at the electrical department with your wife? I might've helped you before I left the homer glen store for another store.

I remember helping a white guy wearing a white sox shirt that was with a black woman and thinking I wanted to shake their hand because my fiancee is black and that we'd prolly have a lot in common, lol.

Had to have been me my man. I am sure that I am the only white guy in Homer Glen with a black wife. :lolhitting

Very small world.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 09:43 PM)
What have you guys gotten for your girlfriends' birthdays in the past? My girlfriend's is on the 24th. Obviously I'm gonna get her something, but we're teenagers and it's only been 2-3 months of dating, so... what should I do?

Take her out for dinner.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 09:43 PM)
What have you guys gotten for your girlfriends' birthdays in the past? My girlfriend's is on the 24th. Obviously I'm gonna get her something, but we're teenagers and it's only been 2-3 months of dating, so... what should I do?

Flowers and dinner. Book? Movies? DVDs?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 03:08 PM)
No, you pay for the tux when you rent it. At least thats always been the case.

Me too. I've been in a lot of weddings and always paid for the tux. Brian do you have to pay?

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 01:11 AM)
What is your financial situation? Do you have a job or are you spending money from birthdays, Christmas, etc.?

I had a job briefly, and I have about $800 dollars that I plan on spending throughout the summer. So maybe just a nice dinner or something would be good.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 11:39 AM)
I guess I could, I'd just have to learn how to cook actual food that I can't just throw in the oven lol

Get a recipe and practice. It's easy, just follow directions.

Or, go to your local market the morning of and buy pre-prepared stuff and heat it up. ;)

One of the other groomsmen said he wasn't going to the reception because 3 girls he dated we're going to be there and he screwed them over. Very selfish.

So my buddy told him to cancel his tux and not show up for the wedding and he got a replacement.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 08:04 PM)
So the past few months, Ive become close friends to a girl at the club I work at. She started going out with our group when he would hang out and we have a lot in common.

I started having feelings for but she's married with 2 kids. She's only 36, a year older than me. Awhile ago she started texting me about how her marriage was probably ending because they just didn't get along. We text a lot and have a lot in common. She recently moved out and got her own townhouse.

We've gone out to lunch a few times but I respect her boundaries right now. I think she sensed that I was rather fond of her so we started talking about us.

She said that she has feelings me but doesn't feel ready to date anyone right now. I told her that I assumed she wouldn't until her divorce was final and maybe longer than that.

She then said that if we ever started dating than she would have to be honest with me about something and I may not like her when she tells me.

Turns out one of the reasons she is getting divorced is because she cheated on her husband with my buddy I work with.

I was taken back but she said the usual stuff how it was a mistake, blah blah, and how she hated my buddy because she wasn't the only married woman he had slept with from the club.

He has a gf for the last few years, is sort of a player, but never thought he would go as far as to sleep with married women.

He doesn't know I know and in the past I've talked about her to him. She told me to stop doing that, and for good reason.

I'm trying to be understanding about that, it's not like she cheated on me, but it's just awkward.

I think by the time she's ready to start dating, I'll probably be over it. I've been friends with guy from work for 9'years and have lost respect for him a bit, but still like hanging out with him.

Sorry for the long story.

Yeah...so this blew up in my face as you guys predicted. She pretty much misled me, lied to me, and kinda used me.

I was blinded by bewbs.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 06:43 AM)
Yeah...so this blew up in my face as you guys predicted. She pretty much misled me, lied to me, and kinda used me.

I was blinded by bewbs.

This is why you should always listen to the good people of Soxtalk on these issues. We're all experts...

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 06:48 AM)
I definitely will on all life decisions.

Then you wouldn't have a house.

Once a cheater, always a cheater comes to mind...but 25% of people can and do change if they find the right one or start a family together.

I usually laugh at people who cheat and then get upset/jealous/offended to find the person they're cheating with has been disloyal. What do they expect?

Now if someone specifically enjoys the challenge of seducing knowingly married men or women, they need mental/psychological counseling. Especially when it's a person with kids that they have no interest or desire in looking after.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 08:43 PM)

What are her 3-5 favorite activities or hobbies?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 11:03 AM)
What are her 3-5 favorite activities or hobbies?

The Blackhawks, the Bulls, soccer (like she plays soccer), music... that's really it haha, I already got her a Blackhawks Stanley Cup shirt that she wanted, too

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 11:22 AM)
The Blackhawks, the Bulls, soccer (like she plays soccer), music... that's really it haha, I already got her a Blackhawks Stanley Cup shirt that she wanted, too

Couple months of dating. Is there a limit your trying to spend? Flowers? A favorite CD? Favorite player t shirt of the Bulls?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 11:00 AM)
Once a cheater, always a cheater comes to mind...but 25% of people can and do change if they find the right one or start a family together.

I usually laugh at people who cheat and then get upset/jealous/offended to find the person they're cheating with has been disloyal. What do they expect?

Now if someone specifically enjoys the challenge of seducing knowingly married men or women, they need mental/psychological counseling. Especially when it's a person with kids that they have no interest or desire in looking after.

She actually didn't cheat on me. Just lied and misled me.