Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 29, 2015 -> 11:49 PM)
Why the heck does she want a photographer at the proposal? Will there be any suspense/surprise at all? I don't get this one very well.

Lol. She won't know the photographer is there. I am planning on having that person just happen to be at the place before we get there and they are taking pictures of the skyline or something like that. Or someone to be there that is in on the proposal and I can hand our camera to acting like they will just be taking a picture of us, we always have to ask people to take a picture of us so she won't really know the difference

Edited by BigHurt3515

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 12:07 AM)
Lol. She won't know the photographer is there. I am planning on having that person just happen to be at the place before we get there and they are taking pictures of the skyline or something like that. Or someone to be there that is in on the proposal and I can hand our camera to acting like they will just be taking a picture of us, we always have to ask people to take a picture of us so she won't really know the difference

Think I saw a business like that on Shark Tank.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 12:19 PM)
Aren't you like 22ish? Maybe I look at a differently but I am not trying to get married until I have enough money not to worry about how to propose and have "gotten it all out of me."

Yes, we are both 22. We aren't getting married until after she finishes nursing school so won't be until 2017. I am not like everyone else and I am ready to propose, I don't need tons of money to do so. I know this girl is the one, we have been together for 4 years and have actually lived together for almost 2 years. So it is not like this is some random thing that I am doing for the fun of it.

Not sure how old you are but I think getting engaged isn't something people wait for any longer. I can't even remember how many people that we both know that got engaged over the Christmas holiday this year (I bought the ring in early November, so it isn't something I am doing because everyone else is). One of our good friends is getting married in May and they are the same age as us and has been together for 5 years. It is actually crazy how many people I see getting engaged when they have only been together for a year or two.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 01:20 PM)
Yes, we are both 22. We aren't getting married until after she finishes nursing school so won't be until 2017. I am not like everyone else and I am ready to propose, I don't need tons of money to do so. I know this girl is the one, we have been together for 4 years and have actually lived together for almost 2 years. So it is not like this is some random thing that I am doing for the fun of it.

Not sure how old you are but I think getting engaged isn't something people wait for any longer. I can't even remember how many people that we both know that got engaged over the Christmas holiday this year (I bought the ring in early November, so it isn't something I am doing because everyone else is). One of our good friends is getting married in May and they are the same age as us and has been together for 5 years. It is actually crazy how many people I see getting engaged when they have only been together for a year or two.

Getting engaged that young is definitely more rare these days, most people are waiting quite a bit longer.

I lived with a girl when I was that age as well, glad I didnt marry that b****.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 03:33 PM)
Yeah and I don't know I guess were just different personality types. Good to marry a nurse though, half the women in my family (including my mom) are nurses and I respect the hell out of all of them.

I just come from the thought that men are animals and I want the to get all of the girls out of my system when I am in my 20's and then I'll never have to worry about what I am missing. Plus I'll be working and traveling so much I wouldn't really be relationship material. Congrats to you though, nothing like having confidence and security.

She is in school now and getting a degree in Dietetics then getting a degree in nursing in a year. She is way too good for me, I am very lucky and thankful. It didn't take long for me to realize she was the one.

Trust me, I think about it sometimes but I know without a doubt I am making the right decision and there is nobody else I could ever see myself with. Thank you.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 03:48 PM)
Getting engaged that young is definitely more rare these days, most people are waiting quite a bit longer.

I lived with a girl when I was that age as well, glad I didnt marry that b****.

I would have to disagree. Maybe it is just the area that I live in or where I am from. That would be an interesting study to find out the average age of engagement/marriage throughout the country.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 03:33 PM)
Yeah and I don't know I guess were just different personality types. Good to marry a nurse though, half the women in my family (including my mom) are nurses and I respect the hell out of all of them.

I just come from the thought that men are animals and I want the to get all of the girls out of my system when I am in my 20's and then I'll never have to worry about what I am missing. Plus I'll be working and traveling so much I wouldn't really be relationship material. Congrats to you though, nothing like having confidence and security.

I don't think this is possible, IMO. You'll always want to bang the attractive chick walking down the street. However, at some point, you start to realize that sex is sex and that a good marriage with someone you love, someone you get along with, someone who shares the same goals in life, parenting styles, etc. is infinitely more important.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 03:58 PM)
I would have to disagree. Maybe it is just the area that I live in or where I am from. That would be an interesting study to find out the average age of engagement/marriage throughout the country.

Pretty sure that research has been done several times over. Maybe it's your circle of friends or something but it's very unusual. Also many of those people will be getting married more than once.

Sooooo, I've gone out a few times with the girl I previously described, and I just don't think I can date her, at least now. I like her but I keep thinking about how she cheated on her husband and that he may not be as bad of a guy as she says he is. And the fact she so carelessly did with my friend.

It's weird because she didn't cheat on me but like some of you said, that possibility is there, and after being cheated on in the past, is not something I want to risk again right now.

I almost wish she never ever told me but it was probably better she did.

Geez, I'm a mess with relationships.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 05:42 AM)
Sooooo, I've gone out a few times with the girl I previously described, and I just don't think I can date her, at least now. I like her but I keep thinking about how she cheated on her husband and that he may not be as bad of a guy as she says he is. And the fact she so carelessly did with my friend.

It's weird because she didn't cheat on me but like some of you said, that possibility is there, and after being cheated on in the past, is not something I want to risk again right now.

I almost wish she never ever told me but it was probably better she did.

Geez, I'm a mess with relationships.

Those kind of things just eat at you in the back of your mind.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 06:58 AM)
I'm hoping in time I just absorb it all and maybe it'll work but I'm kinda neurotic. Ha

I dont think you are being neurotic in this case at all, I think this is totally normal to feel that way.