Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 11:37 PM)
Ha, surprised my situation got this much response. Anyways, not that anyone gives a s*** but with out talking to her or even doing anything yet, I ended up finding out she is indeed interested. Now the fun part we'll be to see if I can handle this correctly with out f***in it up. :lol:

We'll see what happens.

Ok, now that you have us all looking in, how did you find this out? A mutual friend happened to mention this?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 11:50 PM)
Ok, now that you have us all looking in, how did you find this out? A mutual friend happened to mention this?

In a nutshell, ya pretty much. Kind of 3rd hand information from her best friend but I weaseled my way into seeing text messages to make sure what people were telling me was legit and it is.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 11:05 PM)
In a nutshell, ya pretty much. Kind of 3rd hand information from her best friend but I weaseled my way into seeing text messages to make sure what people were telling me was legit and it is.

Well, my guess is her best friend showed you this for a reason.

So don't be a pansy now and wait 5 days to talk to the girl.

Did you get her number from the friend too?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 11:09 PM)
Well, my guess is her best friend showed you this for a reason.

So don't be a pansy now and wait 5 days to talk to the girl.

Did you get her number from the friend too?

The best friend actually has no idea I saw/heard anything.

Haven't done anything about the number yet, like I said I could grab the number right now if I wanted to, so I'm not overly worried about that. Once I figure out how I'm going to handle this then I'll scoop up the number and go from there.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 12:13 AM)

Haven't done anything about the number yet, like I said I could grab the number right now if I wanted to, so I'm not overly worried about that. Once I figure out how I'm going to handle this then I'll scoop up the number and go from there.

Oh brother...the drama!

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 12:13 AM)

Have you decided what you want out of it? You want a relationship? You trying to get laid?

LOL at the ladies in this thread being wrong about how to handle the situation. :unsure:

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 11:37 PM)
Ha, surprised my situation got this much response. Anyways, not that anyone gives a s*** but with out talking to her or even doing anything yet, I ended up finding out she is indeed interested. Now the fun part we'll be to see if I can handle this correctly with out f***in it up. :lol:

We'll see what happens.

Haha that's always the hard part. You can know she's interested, you can even have a good plan for how to handle it properly. But at the end of the day, an awesome girl with interest can make you really nervous, so it can still all go to hell somehow. Hopefully, you don't have that happen to you.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 10:43 AM)
Haha that's always the hard part. You can know she's interested, you can even have a good plan for how to handle it properly. But at the end of the day, an awesome girl with interest can make you really nervous, so it can still all go to hell somehow. Hopefully, you don't have that happen to you.

HA. Yup. Funny i was just in that situation. Girl would flat out tell me how much she liked me, that I was nicer than any guy she'd ever met and how I always put her in the best mood and all that stuff. Then, out of nowhere, she starts hanging out with the ex who was I had been told was controlling and cheated on her multiple times. So I guess now we're just going to be friends, although I have really no interest in that. Apparently it's through no fault of my own but I dunno. But it's funny you mentioned that cuz while I was talking to her there was another girl I had met through a friend who liked me too. But I didn't pursue anything there cuz I don't like doing the multiple girls at one time thing. A friend of mine was saying how it was funny I had two girls all about me and my response was "yeah now watch me somehow f*** this up". Well, I somehow managed it cuz the second one is gone now too since I waited too long haha. Just sucks cuz I've never met a girl with whom I had so much in common with (the first one). Sometimes I really don't get what goes in their heads.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 07:09 AM)
Have you decided what you want out of it? You want a relationship? You trying to get laid?

LOL at the ladies in this thread being wrong about how to handle the situation. :unsure:

You can say we are wrong, but we have vaginas ..we know a lot more about how other vagina owners think! LOL

IDK if Soxy is single, but I'm not ..sooo, that only leads to me to believe that something went right in the beginning for Chase and myself ..I obviously can't speak for every single woman out there, but I know a lot of women, and they would all agree with me. Does anyone ever wonder why a lot of people long for that "brand new" feeling in a relationship? I do ..and then I think back to the beginning of all my relationships and the only thing different about the point in time in which I was thinking about the beginning and the actual beginning, was the fact that, at that point, I knew I had them ..where as, in the beginning, it was still thrilling because I had no idea what was going on and it made everyday exciting and challenging. After that went away, i got bored. And I know people are going to read this and be like, "blah blah blah, whatever!" and say that I went about things the wrong way or whatever, but I have been a bill paying, meal cooking, house cleaning, child raising, mother since I was 18 ...mother of 3 since I was 22 ..I know what the real world is all about so it can't be "because I'm too young to really know" ..I have plenty of life experience! I was in a 4 1/2 year relationship from which all 3 of my children were conceived, that didn't work out and now I've managed to find a freaking amazing man who loves me AND my kids, who treats my kids like they're his own, and who wants to marry and have kids with me ... ALL by the age of 25 and ALL by doing things just the way I am saying you should do it. I'm not saying "Do it like this or you'll never be happy." I know all situations are different, but they can't all vary by much ..The thing is, if she likes you, she's not going to be uber pissed when she sees you again. More than likely she'll be REALLY excited after being in suspense this whole week about it. Then just explain to her that you didn't know what she wanted from that night (whether it be a drunken one night thing or if she wanted to pursue something more), tell her that you didn't have her number and didn't want to be a stalker trying to track it down. Tell her you didn't want to get it from someone else because "I thought if you wanted me to have your number, you would have given it to me?" (then she's definitely going to give you her number because you've already established that she does, indeed, like you! ..Congrats on that by the way!) ..then WHATEVER YOU DO ...always keep it to yourself that you talked about this to everyone on Soxtalk for the whole week leading up to that moment!! hahaha

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 04:52 PM)
Why, if she likes him too, can't she be the one to take the initiative to call him first? It would be just as easy for her to go through a mutual friend as it is for him.

If he likes her, he can't control what she is going to do, he can only control what he needs to do (which is call her).

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 10:39 AM)
Oh come on, Bren...relationships start off in all kinds of crazy ways...because you and Chase are happy in your relationship does not mean the manner in which you began it is the "blueprint" for everyone.

Nope, it doesn't ..and I never said it was ..I do believe I actually said that the situations will vary?!

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 11:05 AM)
IDK if Soxy is single, but I'm not ..sooo, that only leads to me to believe that something went right in the beginning for Chase and myself ..I obviously can't speak for every single woman out there, but I know a lot of women, and they would all agree with me.

Right...;)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 06:30 PM)
Man, y'all need to stop. I feel like I'm watching the Oprah show. Rowand, just go for it. We're not teenagers here. You win some, you lose some. Ultimately, all you wanna do is get laid anyway.

/J4L

Heh, I was going to go for it no matter what. I just like to see different peoples perspectives and we sure got a lot in this thread and everything was entertaining so good stuff.

If anyone cares, tomorrow will be the day stuff does or doesn't happen. So there ya go.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)
Heh, I was going to go for it no matter what. I just like to see different peoples perspectives and we sure got a lot in this thread and everything was entertaining so good stuff.

If anyone cares, tomorrow will be the day stuff does or doesn't happen. So there ya go.

Do tell...

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 07:11 PM)
I wouldn't be able to convince the 21-year old version of myself of this, but I'm getting annoyed that I can't stop this stripper from randomly sexting me.

Yeah, you have to knock that off...not something you want your wife to find...