Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 11:42 PM)
Nah, she's having a birthday party type deal in the city.

So the real question is, do I impress her by wearing my Freddy Garcia or Damaso Marte jersey? :P

And which color box do you use for the "Dick in a box"?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 11:42 PM)
Nah, she's having a birthday party type deal in the city.

So the real question is, do I impress her by wearing my Freddy Garcia or Damaso Marte jersey? :P

I hope you decided to go with Freddy. The Marte jersey brings back bad memories for some people.

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't count as a "relationship" technically, but I'll post it here anyways. One of my ex girlfriends (I think she was my second longest relationship, my first ever girlfriend in high school though) back in the day just got engaged. I gotta say after I sent my congrats to her, (still good friends) I honestly felt really bummed out (and shocked) hearing about it.

No I don't need any advice on how to handle it, (I'm my own advice.. :D Naw but I'm usually good at handling business and personal stuff through experience, but this is actually new territory for me) but has anyone here had something similar or maybe just a bit different, but the same situation?

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 12:42 AM)
This doesn't count as a "relationship" technically, but I'll post it here anyways. One of my ex girlfriends (I think she was my second longest relationship, my first ever girlfriend in high school though) back in the day just got engaged. I gotta say after I sent my congrats to her, (still good friends) I honestly felt really bummed out (and shocked) hearing about it.

No I don't need any advice on how to handle it, (I'm my own advice.. :D Naw but I'm usually good at handling business and personal stuff through experience, but this is actually new territory for me) but has anyone here had something similar or maybe just a bit different, but the same situation?

Probably my first true love got married about a year and a half ago after the two of us dated a few times, including as recently as 2007. She has never seemed ready, or truly committed to her relationship or her husband, at least around me, as she always bugs me about why things did not work out with her and I. She has even called me since being married and told me she thinks she has made a mistake in marrying him.

Gerry, I think you're fairly younger than me, but you're reaching a point where a lot of your exes will start getting married and having children, and then even getting divorced eventually. My advice would be to try and seek a balance between staying true to the person in the way that you have always interacted with them, and giving due respect and space to the new relationship that these people are involved in. It can be tough though if they ask you to cross that line though.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 01:39 AM)
Finally spilled my guts to the girl I've liked for a long time. I told he the ball was in her court. Felt good to get it off my chest.

Ahhh. . . blaming the girl for your bad case of blue balls. The oldest trick in the book.

:)

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 01:42 AM)

A couple of the girls that I messed around with the semester I went to SIU have gotten married & one is expecting.

The same situation with a girl I had a casual relationship with a couple of years ago.

I know it's not the same situation since I was never in a serious relationship with any of these girls...but it still threw me for a loop.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 01:58 PM)
A couple of the girls that I messed around with the semester I went to SIU have gotten married & one is expecting.

The same situation with a girl I had a casual relationship with a couple of years ago.

I know it's not the same situation since I was never in a serious relationship with any of these girls...but it still threw me for a loop.

The one girl that I was closest to ever being in love with ended up getting engaged to another chick not too long ago. Didn't see that one coming...

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 12:39 AM)
Finally spilled my guts to the girl I've liked for a long time. I told he the ball was in her court. Felt good to get it off my chest.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 01:35 PM)
Ahhh. . . blaming the girl for your bad case of blue balls. The oldest trick in the book.

:)

De-nied. That one is going to sting for quite a while. f***.