Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 02:57 PM)
Scenario: Dancing in a bar with a girl you are halfway interested in, she wants to start singing the song and gaze into your eyes as she does so. You don't know the words to any of the songs so you continue dancing anyway. She leaves you and then later on you find that she's connecting better with a guy that is looking back at her and singing it with her. What do you do for the future? Just dance and grind the whole night and don't ever look at her face?

You can't prepare for that.

I know if I were you in that situation I'd probably joke around about how much I hated the song, even if I didn't. Just to see how she reacted to it. It's better than shrugging my shoulders and saying "I don't know this song," or just avoiding eye contact.

Whatever happens, it's best not to be flustered or nervous. Stop caring so much what people think about you, because if you haven't noticed, the goofiest people are the ones women want to be around.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 01:35 AM)
De-nied. That one is going to sting for quite a while. f***.

I know this is awhile back, but here's my advice for anyone in the future --

What I've learned personally, and from others, is that if a woman is interested in you she will let you know. These indicators of interest will not be unmistakable, either. She'll initiate conversations with you constantly. She'll want to be around you. She'll do everything to get the ball rolling with the two of you.

I feel that guys makes the first move, but women provide everything up to that moment. Looking at Soxfan1's post, you can sense that he had doubts. I believe everyone who does that feels that way, but there's a part of them that expects the woman to go, "YES, I FEEL THE SAME WAY TOO!"

My ex from senior yr in high school through my sophomore year in college (I'm a junior now, we broke up about a month before summer) has now been texting me alot after we barely spoke since the break up. I was the one who broke up with her (long distance year round is a b**** and we grew apart) and she hated me for it but I don't know if she is just trying to be friends (which is fine with me, I never hated her just didn't lvoe her anymore) or if she is trying to f*** with me because she texts me stating that she's gonna be on my campus, so I say lets grab dinner or something (said it like any friend would) and she says ok, but then texts me and says her boyfriend is the one driving and she doesn't know about planning, mind you she never told me she had a boyfriend (not that she needed to but it seemed like she made it a point to tell me that she was coming to town but wouldnt see me and that she has a boyfriend now). Honestly I just want to forget about her now but she keeps texting me about how shes going camping with her boyfriend this weekend.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 08:42 PM)
My ex from senior yr in high school through my sophomore year in college (I'm a junior now, we broke up about a month before summer) has now been texting me alot after we barely spoke since the break up. I was the one who broke up with her (long distance year round is a b**** and we grew apart) and she hated me for it but I don't know if she is just trying to be friends (which is fine with me, I never hated her just didn't lvoe her anymore) or if she is trying to f*** with me because she texts me stating that she's gonna be on my campus, so I say lets grab dinner or something (said it like any friend would) and she says ok, but then texts me and says her boyfriend is the one driving and she doesn't know about planning, mind you she never told me she had a boyfriend (not that she needed to but it seemed like she made it a point to tell me that she was coming to town but wouldnt see me and that she has a boyfriend now). Honestly I just want to forget about her now but she keeps texting me about how shes going camping with her boyfriend this weekend.

That's a contradiction, Russ. You need to pick one or the other.

Either you're okay with being friends and can handle the boyfriend thing (since you broke up with her), or you distance yourself, move on and admit that you can't be friends with her.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 03:25 AM)
That's a contradiction, Russ. You need to pick one or the other.

Either you're okay with being friends and can handle the boyfriend thing (since you broke up with her), or you distance yourself, move on and admit that you can't be friends with her.

Yea I see what youre saying, I guess Im fine with being friends with her but Im probably taking s*** the wrong way.

My suggestion would be to find yourself a girl so that her texts and life don't bother you as much.

You sound like a guy who regrets the "let's see other people because we're so far away from each other" decision because you see that she easily moved on without you.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 01:44 PM)
My suggestion would be to find yourself a girl so that her texts and life don't bother you as much.

You sound like a guy who regrets the "let's see other people because we're so far away from each other" decision because you see that she easily moved on without you.

I do miss being in a relationship and missing that connection, but I knew that it had passed with her so I wouldn't say it was that.

I think you're right though in that I should find someone to actually date and not just flirt around with.

I was back in Chicago for a few weeks just recently and met up with one of my exes who got married just last January. She was never over me, should have never married this guy, and despite my warnings not to do so, did so anyways. We met at a bar on Wells and she spent about 3 hours getting loaded and telling me how much she dislikes being married to her husband, and harrassing me about why I broke up with her (she does this almost every time we meet for drinks when I am back in town). Then we made out. Oops.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 16, 2010 -> 11:20 PM)
I was back in Chicago for a few weeks just recently and met up with one of my exes who got married just last January. She was never over me, should have never married this guy, and despite my warnings not to do so, did so anyways. We met at a bar on Wells and she spent about 3 hours getting loaded and telling me how much she dislikes being married to her husband, and harrassing me about why I broke up with her (she does this almost every time we meet for drinks when I am back in town). Then we made out. Oops.

That a boy!

I believe my friends' GF wants to bang me. She has texted me multiple times to meet for dinner. It is difficult to bring this up to either party without possibly starting a s***storm. The best course of action seems to be continue making up excuses as to why I cannot meet. Anyone else ever been in this situation

QUOTE (3E8 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
I believe my friends' GF wants to bang me. She has texted me multiple times to meet for dinner. It is difficult to bring this up to either party without possibly starting a s***storm. The best course of action seems to be continue making up excuses as to why I cannot meet. Anyone else ever been in this situation

How close is the friend to you?

How hot is the girl?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 06:33 PM)
As far as the age difference and stuff. Is it a bad thing that I have a crush on the main chick from ICarly? Is that pedophile territory?

I agree she's very cute...and her being 17, I'll stick with "cute". Her sidekick is 18, and I find her quite attractive, too. With three kids, either iCarly or Victorious is on at least on TV in my house seemingly all day. There are way too many good-looking teenagers on those shows.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
I believe I know what you're getting at. It is a close friend, and she's a 6 or 7. Not worth it

Yea it was meant as a joke, I personally could never cheat with a friend's GF, if we were both really into each other I would handle it differently.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 12:20 AM)

Seen it in person as well buddy. I just dont understand why they go through with it. The one girl said "because I was mad at breaking up with you" WTF? You are clearly one crazy b**** then.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 09:01 AM)
Wow. I pretty much could have written that almost word for word (like literally, even the white sox part). So I know exactly what you're going through. Sucks. Just add a couple years to both of our ages and drop the coached her in softball part haha. I don't get why it's so hard for girls to get over guys who cheat on them repeatedly and what not. They must feel they can fix them. Slight difference is that I'm avoiding contact with her. Which of course becomes difficult when you get random text messages saying they were thinking about you or miss you. Ugh.

edit: by the way, aren't you the other Chiefs fan on this board too? :lol:

Haha yeah I'm the other Chiefs fan. That's ironic. Finally I think this girl and I are done talking. Which is probably a good thing. She's been wanting to stop talking and on Saturday our convo didn't end well. But she showed her true immaturity when I was trying to have a good convo because I like to try to end things on a good note, but not this time.

It's looking like her friend likes me but I'm done with teenagers for good hopefully. Although her friend loves the Chiefs, so that's something we have in common. Her friend is a red head and I've never been into them but she is really cool and pretty cute, but once again I don't feel like getting into that young drama.