Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 08:38 PM)
Honestly, alcohol and dating is a bad mix. I don't want to get blasted around a girl that I like, and I don't want her getting messed up around me.

The frat house rules should not apply if you want a serious relationship.

Except for the fact that he is in college, on a college campus....this is what college kids do...

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 08:48 PM)
Even in college it's a bad mix. If he wants a fling, he can get drunk and go after any girl; but, if he REALLY likes this one and wants a relationship, he needs to approach it in a more mature way.

This is what makes college go round!

A more mature way? Come on...it's a big group thing...everyone will have a blast...he'll be loosened up and relaxed and on his game, as long as he doesn't get comotose or something.

Then if it goes well this time, he can do the mature thing and take her out to dinner or make her dinner or something...

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)
Even in college it's a bad mix. If he wants a fling, he can get drunk and go after any girl; but, if he REALLY likes this one and wants a relationship, he needs to approach it in a more mature way.

I disagree. Especially at his age. It makes things a little more casual and less nervous the whole time. It will be easier for him to find out if she's on the same page as he is as well. If you do find that you both like each other than you can move on to a sober activity.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 09:38 PM)
Honestly, alcohol and dating is a bad mix. I don't want to get blasted around a girl that I like, and I don't want her getting messed up around me.

The frat house rules should not apply if you want a serious relationship.

Not always true. My wife met me while I was drunkenly taking in the 2005 playoffs, yet still kept me around, and we have had several drunken dates over time. Now we are 2.5 years happily married and get along so great despite the drunken fun.

Edited by LittleHurt05

Well drunk Russ or not, I will not be asking her aout for Sunday. Her friend and her talked to me about some guy that apparently is coming in from Australia (where she was abroad last semester) and is staying with her for 3 months and will be dating once she gets here. So I brought my neighbor to the barndance instead and we had a great time, but did feel bad when this girl kept trying to talk to me but my neighbor would be all over me. Oh wellz, that's what you get I guess. I tried to be nice, I gave you more than a few chances, but you pretty much lied to me and led me on, and I absolutely hate that. So that's the end I guess.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 02:59 AM)
Well drunk Russ or not, I will not be asking her aout for Sunday. Her friend and her talked to me about some guy that apparently is coming in from Australia (where she was abroad last semester) and is staying with her for 3 months and will be dating once she gets here. So I brought my neighbor to the barndance instead and we had a great time, but did feel bad when this girl kept trying to talk to me but my neighbor would be all over me. Oh wellz, that's what you get I guess. I tried to be nice, I gave you more than a few chances, but you pretty much lied to me and led me on, and I absolutely hate that. So that's the end I guess.

I'm sorry to hear that, Russ...don't worry...there are plenty of fish in the sea! She's just not the one you want to mount on your fireplace!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 03:03 AM)
I'm sorry to hear that, Russ...don't worry...there are plenty of fish in the sea! She's just not the one you want to mount on your fireplace!

Yea pretty much what I was thinking, happy I saw this now than later if she was still going to hit om me after telling this to my face. Ridiculous, I aint like that.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 12:25 PM)
Yeah, but no one talks about their fun single moments in this thread...

Like the other night, when I banged a milf who drives a car worth more than my house...

I mean, think of the fun!

There is a reason for that... This thread would look more like an Adam Dunn boxscore

strikeout

strikeout

strikeout

got to first base

strikeout

strikeout

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)

I completely disagree. My current relationship was solidified over shots at Franks on Clark at about 3am. If you cannot get sloshed around a girl then you will never be able to show your true self anyway. Vice versa as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)
There is a reason for that... This thread would look more like an Adam Dunn boxscore

strikeout

strikeout

strikeout

got to first base

strikeout

strikeout

11 homers in a season would be career years for most on this site.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)
Not always true. My wife met me while I was drunkenly taking in the 2005 playoffs, yet still kept me around, and we have had several drunken dates over time. Now we are 2.5 years happily married and get along so great despite the drunken fun.

My relationship with my wife started with a 3-month bender, more or less.

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 06:02 AM)
I read this thread, then tell my gf how much I love her and love our life together.

I think the biggest thing is that many of the relationships or stories that have been posted here are in the high school/college/right out of college time period, where most people aren't that serious about finding somebody for the future. And since this is the relationship thread and not the hook up thread you won't hear much about the "successes" people may have just fooling around.

I will say this, it's tough being a guy that wants something real and not just a hook up while still in college. Hookups are fine, but it's not what I really like nor go for that much. I've had girls tell me left and right that Im the guy that they want to date, but then they go and hook up with my roommate who gets a ton of girls. So yea, I think it's just a difference in what people are going for at this age.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)

strikeout

strikeout

strikeout

got to first base

strikeout

strikeout

I almost restarted the QOTM thread for this one :notworthy :lolhitting

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 12:47 AM)
I think the biggest thing is that many of the relationships or stories that have been posted here are in the high school/college/right out of college time period, where most people aren't that serious about finding somebody for the future. And since this is the relationship thread and not the hook up thread you won't hear much about the "successes" people may have just fooling around.

I will say this, it's tough being a guy that wants something real and not just a hook up while still in college. Hookups are fine, but it's not what I really like nor go for that much. I've had girls tell me left and right that Im the guy that they want to date, but then they go and hook up with my roommate who gets a ton of girls. So yea, I think it's just a difference in what people are going for at this age.

My experience in college was basically that if you wanted to do well with girls, you just never really took much of anything too seriously...do your best with your classes, obviously, but outside of that, most of the girls want the happy-go-lucky, fun to be around, funny, smart guy. If there is a girl you like in particular, you just play it cool, keep things light, and before you know it, you're waking up next to her 3 times in one week. Then all of the sudden she can't get enough of you, and if you still want to reel her in for the long term, you do it then.

But the guys who came across like they wanted something serious BEFORE they even hooked up with a chick, yeah, they usually got passed over for the fun guy that doesn't think too much past tonight's kegger...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 12:35 PM)
My experience in college was basically that if you wanted to do well with girls, you just never really took much of anything too seriously...do your best with your classes, obviously, but outside of that, most of the girls want the happy-go-lucky, fun to be around, funny, smart guy. If there is a girl you like in particular, you just play it cool, keep things light, and before you know it, you're waking up next to her 3 times in one week. Then all of the sudden she can't get enough of you, and if you still want to reel her in for the long term, you do it then.

But the guys who came across like they wanted something serious BEFORE they even hooked up with a chick, yeah, they usually got passed over for the fun guy that doesn't think too much past tonight's kegger...

Ha yea, that's very true. And Im not saying I go to parties looking for a girlfriend, I go to have fun and get s***ty with friends.

And I definitely play it cool with girls I like, just not having luck going for the right ones I guess.