Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

• 2 months later...

I dug this thread out of the grave because I feel like I need to share what went down tonight.

I've had a girlfriend for about 3 months now and tonight was the night we were going to have our Christmas and exchange gifts. Last night she started acting strange and saying she didn't know if she wanted what I wanted in a relationship and other things about having more distance. I've tried to give her distance and I do in my opinion. We don't see each other often and hangout only a time or two a week. But anyway I said I'd rather have this talk in person instead of through texting. So we agreed to talk about it today.

Today comes around and I send a text to her seeing if she was still up for doing our Christmas. So we plan a time to get together and everything seemed to be fine. I wasn't going to bring up her convo from last night, but eventually we talked about it a little bit. After giving each other presents she asked about the tickets to a concert we were both going to go to in February. So me being the idiot I am gave them to her because I assumed our relationship wasn't going to end. Things seemed to be alright before I left. She gave me a hug and a kiss and I went on my way.

About an hour later I check my facebook and saw that she took off her relationship status with me. Really bugs me she couldn't end it in person let alone before we exchange Chirstmas gifts, let alone before she gets the concert tickets from me. Unreal! I haven't messaged her or anything yet because I'm too angry about this whole thing. After my anger wears down I'll probably just be hurt or something but who knows. Just wanted to vent!

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Dec 29, 2011 -> 12:26 AM)
About an hour later I check my facebook and saw that she took off her relationship status with me.

I'm so glad Facebook wasn't around when I was dating. Breaking up with somebody by changing your status just seems odd to me.

I acutally heard somebody say "He changed his status on FB to single. That means it's official now!"

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 29, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
Will Tell--

If you bought the tickets and have the order # or receipt, maybe you can call Ticketmaster or the box office and report the tickets as lost or stolen, so they can issue you replacements.

lol that would be really funny.

In regards to facebook, I hate social life rovolves around facebook. I'd rather not even mess with it but it was part of my story. But I have no idea what's going on. I haven't even talked to her and haven't wanted to either.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 29, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
Will Tell--

If you bought the tickets and have the order # or receipt, maybe you can call Ticketmaster or the box office and report the tickets as lost or stolen, so they can issue you replacements.

Do this if you can, what she did was a pile of s***.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 29, 2011 -> 03:24 PM)
Will Tell--

that would be amazing. Somehow I doubt they do that since fraud seems too easy.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Dec 29, 2011 -> 04:34 PM)
lol that would be really funny.

In regards to facebook, I hate social life rovolves around facebook. I'd rather not even mess with it but it was part of my story. But I have no idea what's going on. I haven't even talked to her and haven't wanted to either.

It doesn't. It exists in the real world. (Sign up for My Face).

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 29, 2011 -> 11:23 PM)
I mean, wouldn't the bar code on the old tickets be invalidated or something?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Usually they deactivate the code on there, so when they are scanned, they're declined. That's only if the ticket taker uses scanners. If they do not, then it won't do much of anything. I'm with the others, get those tickets back.

I finally spoke to her and she tole me she'd pay me for the tickets so I'll give her a week or two before I take action on them. Also talked to her about the whole Facebook deal and she told me she hates Facebook and is sick of people asking her about her relationship and what not. That's an ok reason if it's true, but I don't think it's true at all. And she told me she's really messed up in the head right now (about the only thing I believed in the convo) and she wants a break for a bit to figure things out. As far as I'm concerned it's all over. Just want the tickets or money for the tickets.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 02:52 PM)
I finally spoke to her and she tole me she'd pay me for the tickets so I'll give her a week or two before I take action on them. Also talked to her about the whole Facebook deal and she told me she hates Facebook and is sick of people asking her about her relationship and what not. That's an ok reason if it's true, but I don't think it's true at all. And she told me she's really messed up in the head right now (about the only thing I believed in the convo) and she wants a break for a bit to figure things out. As far as I'm concerned it's all over. Just want the tickets or money for the tickets.

Yea, she's BSing you man. If she hated Facebook, why take the time to change that one particular thing? Why not delete her facebook? It's because she doesn't hate it, she just doesn't want to answer questions about it. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems like she's going to make you pry those tickets away. As far as the break thing, definitely sounds like someone else is in the picture. Sorry man.

You are handling things right though and you'll be happier for it.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)
Yea, she's BSing you man. If she hated Facebook, why take the time to change that one particular thing? Why not delete her facebook? It's because she doesn't hate it, she just doesn't want to answer questions about it. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems like she's going to make you pry those tickets away. As far as the break thing, definitely sounds like someone else is in the picture. Sorry man.

You are handling things right though and you'll be happier for it.

Exactly... if it were me, I wouldn't give her a week or two. I'd get them ASAP. She was just giving him the run around, including the ticket thing. A girl like this shouldn't be given any benefit of the doubt.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 07:52 PM)
Exactly... if it were me, I wouldn't give her a week or two. I'd get them ASAP. She was just giving him the run around, including the ticket thing. A girl like this shouldn't be given any benefit of the doubt.

Quite honestly, you guys are all nicer than I am. For her to have the balls to ask for the tickets while leading me on (presumably for the tickets) is beyond me. I'd cancel them asap, wouldn't even give her the option of paying me for them. I'd rather take the loss than let her have a good time at my expense.

Edited by Tuna

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 09:37 AM)
So...fellas....how long did you date your girlfriend/wife before you asked her to move in or you moved in to her place?

About two years, although there were other factors that made sense for it to happen. Got engaged about a year later.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 07:37 AM)
So...fellas....how long did you date your girlfriend/wife before you asked her to move in or you moved in to her place?

Basically moved into her place within 4 months. Bought a condo together about 3 months after that.