Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

To be honest with ya reddy, I'll answer that with a video...

Since were already balls deep into this situation I'll proceed... Pretty much all my friends are stoners now and after the breakup they were all I had, so I smoked...and smoked....and smoked some more. All I hang out with now are the guys I used to work with at a car wash. (All old classmates of mine).

Around the same time it all happened I was also forced to quit my job at a car wash, where I was close to being a manager. The manager spot was something very coveted to me at the time, the pay was good enough for me, 1800 a month w/ benefits, and it was just an easy ass job. 4-5 of my classmates were managers so I knew how "cake" the position was, I would have been able to hire my whole 3 man staff, and we can smoked copious amounts of weed there. It woulda been pretty sweet.

But then I was forced to quit because I used the power washer on the front of a car and chipping off some paint. Yes power washing the front of a car is a no no but everyone did it when they got tipped. The big boss, the guy above my classmate boss, told me I either had to pay the 440 damage claim or quit. With me still bein all butthurt over the situation with my ex I wasn't in the mood to be sensible with him, I shot a little promo on him and dipped.

At that time I was left with nothing, but my stoner work friends who up until 3 weeks ago would smoke me out damn near everyday. It was my only way to keep me distracted from my real life. Like I was codependent on her, I now became codependant on marijuana.

Up until the last 3 weeks I've had a new almost daily routine, I wake up, post a little on here, walk down to my buddies and rip a bong or 2, I walk back home, post some more, other buddy always picks me up at 5, we smoke and chill till 10, I come home and post some more, then go back to sleep. I loved it, I'm always happy, as you can tell by most of my post I was overly optimistic because I never liked to be negative. I was a laid back stoner that loved the life style.

I'd say or agree to things in attempts to break that mold, case and point agreeing to join team reddy! go team reddy!! I'll be honest with you Andrew, if I wasn't running the show I wasn't interested and that's just who I am, I do what's going to please me. After being there before in your coach position and seeing you have so much more success than I had I have basically stopped playing along. I stopped going on the page because I didn't wanna see how many new members you had.

Over the past few months things have been coming together, I got my PERC card last month, I'm 3 weeks off the trees, and I do have that treadmill I mentioned which I have been getting on every other day. I've also bounced at a bar a few weeks ago and there's another show next week. After I make that $40 I'm joining a boxing club to whip me into shape for rugby next season....the way I wanna do it...violently lol.

There are other stories I can throw out there as to why I am who I am but I'm not sure why anyone would care lol. Let's just say its been a rollercoaster.

Ah, what a pitiful life I've lived. I tremble to think what it would have been like without my love of sports and marijuana.

GO SOX! LEGALIZE IT!

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 06:33 PM)
Suicide has been a thought, but nothing more than a silly thought...The stupid things I spoke of are going to to this guys house and beatin some ass (I obviously know where he lives because I dropped her off there everyday) or "stalking" her and making her life hell until she gave me a restraining order or I got thrown in jail. Posting here on soxtalk takes my mind off stupid thoughts like that.

It sounds like I'm overblowing this and I probably am, but she ruined a lot of what was good in my life.

I was a pretty popular guy and then I met her and we chilled everyday and I ditched all my friends. Pretty much right now the only friends I can go back to are my stoner friends and with me needing a job I've been layin off the trees. Thats the worst part of the whole thing...I'm over her for the most part its the loss of so many friends that f***in blows....I feel like a nobody now....

But ya actually since I posted that first comment about giving up I decided to hit up a few girls who've showed interest in me in the past and we're staying in touch now...nothins gonna happen till i get a job though.

That thought about beating the guy up brought back memories. Back in high school, my friend wanted a girl badly and she was dating another guy. My friend's dad was a badass and told my buddy to go threaten the guy. So my friend told me to get in his car and we drove to the guy's house, he knocked on the door and threatened the guy. The guy was scared and said my friend could have his girl. My friend ended up with the girl. Ah, high school.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 08:24 PM)
Lol theres not much life I can live right now with no job....Having weed in my system is a legit, albeit a dumb, excuse I have right now as far as a job goes and me going out and living life.

Will being a security guard pay well? Will it be hard to get a job?

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 10:54 PM)
To be honest with ya reddy, I'll answer that with a video...

Since were already balls deep into this situation I'll proceed... Pretty much all my friends are stoners now and after the breakup they were all I had, so I smoked...and smoked....and smoked some more. All I hang out with now are the guys I used to work with at a car wash. (All old classmates of mine).

Around the same time it all happened I was also forced to quit my job at a car wash, where I was close to being a manager. The manager spot was something very coveted to me at the time, the pay was good enough for me, 1800 a month w/ benefits, and it was just an easy ass job. 4-5 of my classmates were managers so I knew how "cake" the position was, I would have been able to hire my whole 3 man staff, and we can smoked copious amounts of weed there. It woulda been pretty sweet.

But then I was forced to quit because I used the power washer on the front of a car and chipping off some paint. Yes power washing the front of a car is a no no but everyone did it when they got tipped. The big boss, the guy above my classmate boss, told me I either had to pay the 440 damage claim or quit. With me still bein all butthurt over the situation with my ex I wasn't in the mood to be sensible with him, I shot a little promo on him and dipped.

At that time I was left with nothing, but my stoner work friends who up until 3 weeks ago would smoke me out damn near everyday. It was my only way to keep me distracted from my real life. Like I was codependent on her, I now became codependant on marijuana.

Up until the last 3 weeks I've had a new almost daily routine, I wake up, post a little on here, walk down to my buddies and rip a bong or 2, I walk back home, post some more, other buddy always picks me up at 5, we smoke and chill till 10, I come home and post some more, then go back to sleep. I loved it, I'm always happy, as you can tell by most of my post I was overly optimistic because I never liked to be negative. I was a laid back stoner that loved the life style.

I'd say or agree to things in attempts to break that mold, case and point agreeing to join team reddy! go team reddy!! I'll be honest with you Andrew, if I wasn't running the show I wasn't interested and that's just who I am, I do what's going to please me. After being there before in your coach position and seeing you have so much more success than I had I have basically stopped playing along. I stopped going on the page because I didn't wanna see how many new members you had.

Over the past few months things have been coming together, I got my PERC card last month, I'm 3 weeks off the trees, and I do have that treadmill I mentioned which I have been getting on every other day. I've also bounced at a bar a few weeks ago and there's another show next week. After I make that $40 I'm joining a boxing club to whip me into shape for rugby next season....the way I wanna do it...violently lol.

There are other stories I can throw out there as to why I am who I am but I'm not sure why anyone would care lol. Let's just say its been a rollercoaster.

Ah, what a pitiful life I've lived. I tremble to think what it would have been like without my love of sports and marijuana.

GO SOX! LEGALIZE IT!

i'm going to be brutally honest for a second. the reason you aren't interested in something unless you're "running the show" is that you're scared you'll fail. if you can tell yourself YOU'RE in charge, then when you decide to quit, like you did with P90X, like you did with Coaching, like you did with your job, it will have been YOUR "choice", and YOUR "call", and you did it for the "RIGHT" reasons.

You know what all that is? delusion. you're taking the safe and easy way out so that you don't have to take a risk and put yourself out there. by living that way it doesn't have to be your neck, your pride, your self-respect on the line.

And i get it. 95% of people do the exact same thing. they take the easy way out. they settle for a mediocre job they don't enjoy. they settle for average. they don't TRY to achieve great things because they don't feel they can or they don't feel they deserve it. BUT - and this is the kicker - THEY TELL THEMSELVES THEY'RE HAPPY. They tell themselves that this is good enough. They tell themselves that they're doing it THEIR WAY and that they're CALLING THE SHOTS.

Couldn't be further from the truth.

If you were REALLY calling the shots in your life, would you be a security guard? If you really ONLY did things you enjoy, then why the f*** aren't you going bowling, shooting hoops, going to sox games, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

The truth is you DON'T call the shots. You let her call them for you. You let your drug habits call them for you. You let your excuses call the shots. End of story.

But the good news is you don't have to. I don't give a s*** if you do P90X or not. I don't give a s*** if you become a coach or not. I just want you to live your damn life and STOP letting the excuses run it into the ground. If something isn't going right in your life the only thing you can do is look in the mirror and say what can i do differently? You do that, things will start looking up.

told me I either had to pay the 440 damage claim or quit. With me still bein all butthurt over the situation with my ex I wasn't in the mood to be sensible with him, I shot a little promo on him and dipped.

That's an interesting, yet well written sentence. Did you slug the guy? I didn't understand it. Where do you get the money for all the marijuana? Just curious. It's got to cost something.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 02:44 AM)
That thought about beating the guy up brought back memories. Back in high school, my friend wanted a girl badly and she was dating another guy. My friend's dad was a badass and told my buddy to go threaten the guy. So my friend told me to get in his car and we drove to the guy's house, he knocked on the door and threatened the guy. The guy was scared and said my friend could have his girl. My friend ended up with the girl. Ah, high school.

Will being a security guard pay well? Will it be hard to get a job?

Security will pay well enough for me, money doesn't buy me happiness.(Which is why I've been content in waiting for the job). Minimum wage for a security guard in IL is $9.50. It shouldn't be a hard job for me to get since I was a team leader at my last job. I just need to clean out my system which I'm well on my way to doing it.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 11:42 AM)
i'm going to be brutally honest for a second. the reason you aren't interested in something unless you're "running the show" is that you're scared you'll fail. if you can tell yourself YOU'RE in charge, then when you decide to quit, like you did with P90X, like you did with Coaching, like you did with your job, it will have been YOUR "choice", and YOUR "call", and you did it for the "RIGHT" reasons.

You know what all that is? delusion. you're taking the safe and easy way out so that you don't have to take a risk and put yourself out there. by living that way it doesn't have to be your neck, your pride, your self-respect on the line.

And i get it. 95% of people do the exact same thing. they take the easy way out. they settle for a mediocre job they don't enjoy. they settle for average. they don't TRY to achieve great things because they don't feel they can or they don't feel they deserve it. BUT - and this is the kicker - THEY TELL THEMSELVES THEY'RE HAPPY. They tell themselves that this is good enough. They tell themselves that they're doing it THEIR WAY and that they're CALLING THE SHOTS.

If you were REALLY calling the shots in your life, would you be a security guard? If you really ONLY did things you enjoy, then why the f*** aren't you going bowling, shooting hoops, going to sox games, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

The truth is you DON'T call the shots. You let her call them for you. You let your drug habits call them for you. You let your excuses call the shots. End of story.

But the good news is you don't have to. I don't give a s*** if you do P90X or not. I don't give a s*** if you become a coach or not. I just want you to live your damn life and STOP letting the excuses run it into the ground. If something isn't going right in your life the only thing you can do is look in the mirror and say what can i do differently? You do that, things will start looking up.

Yes, being a security guard is what I wanna be.

I don't have the money to go to college to be a sports journalist, I don't have the money to start my own restaurant, and right now I don't have the money to train to be a pro wrestler.

Security, and potentially pro wrestling might be it for me and I'd be happy with that. I'm joining boxing classes, who knows maybe I have some potential there and can do security and box. Maybe next season I can get scouted for rugby, I was told I had potential by a guy who was indeed scouted and now is getting paid to play overseas.

Like I said earlier, money doesnt buy me happiness. I've been poor all my life, so I've learned to be happy without all the finer things in life. I am what I am. If I can save enough money to start my own restaurant or food truck then great, thatd be awesome! If not I'm fine with that.

And as far as p90x goes, you knew ahead of time I wasnt really interested, I just spur of the moment agreed. I wanna do some heavy lifting and get stacked like that rugby player i sent you. The boxing club I'm joining has a gym inside so I can do that, and use the boxing as my cardio. I'm a physical guy, boxing is something that will keep me into it.

When I was working I still went bowling, I went to sox games, I did it all, was it still tainted? yes. but I still did it. I never said I wasn't, I just said it was tainted and would bring back memories. Once I start working and find someone to replace that hole, those feelings will be washed away....In the 2 years I haven't had that girl to fill that hole.

I didn't quit coaching, I didnt have the money to continue. I don't have anyone helping me, anything I do I do it myself.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 01:24 PM)
That's an interesting, yet well written sentence. Did you slug the guy? I didn't understand it. Where do you get the money for all the marijuana? Just curious. It's got to cost something.

Shoot a promo is a wrestling term, I basically just went off on him. No punches, just hitting him with my words.

3 of my friends smoke me out for free, they're good guys I've known forever. They're all managers at the car wash like I would have been. 2 of em have a house around the block from me and one has an apartment not to far from me.

Its not some junkie low life s*** goin on per say, I grew up with these guys, theyre true friends.

Oh and dipped= walked away..not sure if that was the confusing part or not.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 01:33 PM)
Shoot a promo is a wrestling term, I basically just went off on him. No punches, just hitting him with my words.

3 of my friends smoke me out for free, they're good guys I've known forever. They're all managers at the car wash like I would have been. 2 of em have a house around the block from me and one has an apartment not to far from me.

Its not some junkie low life s*** goin on per say, I grew up with these guys, theyre true friends.

Oh and dipped= walked away..not sure if that was the confusing part or not.

You should have put that jabronie in his corner after that shoot you laid out on him. ;)

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 10:42 AM)

This seemed like pretty harsh words for a person you don't know enough about to make the assumptions you've made. I'm also for brutal honesty, but when you take it to this level, you need some details on the person that goes beyond barely knowing them, no?

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 01:55 PM)
This seemed like pretty harsh words for a person you don't know enough about to make the assumptions you've made. I'm also for brutal honesty, but when you take it to this level, you need some details on the person that goes beyond barely knowing them, no?

I can take it, we've talked a little bit since i joined his fitness group. I respect his opinion though he doesn't know my whole story.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 02:26 PM)
The one and only bit of relationship advice I can give: You should probably look for relationship advice somewhere other than a baseball message board. I'm guessing that as a group, we suck at relationships.

The nerve!

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 12:55 PM)

we've talked much more in private prior to this.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 12:20 PM)
Yes, being a security guard is what I wanna be.

I don't have the money to go to college to be a sports journalist, I don't have the money to start my own restaurant, and right now I don't have the money to train to be a pro wrestler.

Security, and potentially pro wrestling might be it for me and I'd be happy with that. I'm joining boxing classes, who knows maybe I have some potential there and can do security and box. Maybe next season I can get scouted for rugby, I was told I had potential by a guy who was indeed scouted and now is getting paid to play overseas.

Like I said earlier, money doesnt buy me happiness. I've been poor all my life, so I've learned to be happy without all the finer things in life. I am what I am. If I can save enough money to start my own restaurant or food truck then great, thatd be awesome! If not I'm fine with that.

And as far as p90x goes, you knew ahead of time I wasnt really interested, I just spur of the moment agreed. I wanna do some heavy lifting and get stacked like that rugby player i sent you. The boxing club I'm joining has a gym inside so I can do that, and use the boxing as my cardio. I'm a physical guy, boxing is something that will keep me into it.

When I was working I still went bowling, I went to sox games, I did it all, was it still tainted? yes. but I still did it. I never said I wasn't, I just said it was tainted and would bring back memories. Once I start working and find someone to replace that hole, those feelings will be washed away....In the 2 years I haven't had that girl to fill that hole.

I didn't quit coaching, I didnt have the money to continue. I don't have anyone helping me, anything I do I do it myself.

you just proved my point. I said that people in your position tend to convince themselves they're happy with mediocre, even though - if they COULD - they'd rather be doing something else. Like opening a restaurant or a food truck.

the "i don't have money" excuse is THE biggest excuse people make - that and "i don't have time"

but guess what? it's still an excuse.

Here's an example. Few years down the road, you've got a kid. That kid gets sick. Doctor says there's a cure, but it will cost you $4,000. If you don't get this cure, your kid's gonna die. So you're left with a choice: will you throw up your arms and say "oh well?" or will you do EVERYTHING YOU CAN to scrape together the money? Will you ask your family? Will you ask your friends? Will you hold a fundraiser?

The answer is obvious. Of COURSE you'd do anything to get that $4,000.

See? Money's an excuse. If you want something badly enough, there's a way to get it. Take a listen:

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 11:07 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2716655:date=Oct 16, 2012 -> 12:20 PM:name=2nd_city_saint787)-->
<!--quotec-->Yes, being a security guard is what I wanna be.

you just proved my point. I said that people in your position tend to convince themselves they're happy with mediocre, even though - if they COULD - they'd rather be doing something else. Like opening a restaurant or a food truck.

the "i don't have money" excuse is THE biggest excuse people make - that and "i don't have time"

Here's an example. Few years down the road, you've got a kid. That kid gets sick. Doctor says there's a cure, but it will cost you $4,000. If you don't get this cure, your kid's gonna die. So you're left with a choice: will you throw up your arms and say "oh well?" or will you do EVERYTHING YOU CAN to scrape together the money? Will you ask your family? Will you ask your friends? Will you hold a fundraiser?

See? Money's an excuse. If you want something badly enough, there's a way to get it. Take a listen:

That video has made me hate my body ever since I first saw it awhile ago :P

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 17, 2012 -> 12:07 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=2716655:date=Oct 16, 2012 -> 12:20 PM:name=2nd_city_saint787)-->
<!--quotec-->Yes, being a security guard is what I wanna be.

It may be an excuse but its a valid excuse. I've got no family to borrow from, all the family members I know are somewhat poor. All my friends spend their money on weed and house/apartment bills...A fundraiser might be feasible for a sick child, but no ones gonna give me money to start a restaurant.

I don't know about you guys but nothing in my life has ever been given to me. I had a job at 16, and since then the only thing thats been given to me was a roof over my head and when I'm not working, food on my plate.

The only way I'm getting a restaurant is if I work my "mediocre" security guard (I know people who would kill for a 11 dollar an hour job) and save up an do it myself.

It's not as easy as you wanna make it sound, esp for a guy like me.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 17, 2012 -> 10:00 AM)
It may be an excuse but its a valid excuse. I've got no family to borrow from, all the family members I know are somewhat poor. All my friends spend their money on weed and house/apartment bills...A fundraiser might be feasible for a sick child, but no ones gonna give me money to start a restaurant.

I don't know about you guys but nothing in my life has ever been given to me. I had a job at 16, and since then the only thing thats been given to me was a roof over my head and when I'm not working, food on my plate.

The only way I'm getting a restaurant is if I work my "mediocre" security guard (I know people who would kill for a 11 dollar an hour job) and save up an do it myself.

It's not as easy as you wanna make it sound, esp for a guy like me.

of course it's not easy! did i say it was easy? it's hard as f***. but the difference between the people who are successful and the people who aren't, is that they're willing to do that work.

for example. there's a woman named Dani Johnson who is now a network marketing trainer for companies similar to Beachbody. When she was 19 she was boke and homeless. Her husband drained her bank account, maxed out her credit cards and then jumped ship. She was living out of a car. She got into network marketing and failed miserably, just like you did. At 21 she somehow found a way to scrap together and save enough money to go to this training seminar for network marketing. When she left that seminar, she made $2,000 in the next 4 days. She made $50K in the next couple months, and two years later, by the time she was 23, she made her first million.

What did she have that you don't?

Nothing.

In fact, she was WORSE off than you, but because she was willing to work hard, and because she had aspirations, she was able to completely change her life and become a multi-millionaire. That was in the early 90s. She now teaches others how to do what she did.

Can you talk? Can you walk? Can you pick up a phone or sit at a computer? Then you can have the life you WANT instead of the life you think you're stuck with.

That's what I'm doing right now, man. I have a degree in Theatre. But I'm going to make an extra 6-10K this year doing my network marketing business. Next year will be more, and more, and more till I don't have to work my s***ty catering job. You're unemployed so you've got the time - now just start doing something with it!

If you want to learn HOW to do all these things, I can point you to some awesome reading. But at the end of the day, you have to want it yourself.

Question - how would your life be better if you owned your own restaurant than it is right now?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 17, 2012 -> 11:25 AM)
of course it's not easy! did i say it was easy? it's hard as f***. but the difference between the people who are successful and the people who aren't, is that they're willing to do that work.

for example. there's a woman named Dani Johnson who is now a network marketing trainer for companies similar to Beachbody. When she was 19 she was boke and homeless. Her husband drained her bank account, maxed out her credit cards and then jumped ship. She was living out of a car. She got into network marketing and failed miserably, just like you did. At 21 she somehow found a way to scrap together and save enough money to go to this training seminar for network marketing. When she left that seminar, she made $2,000 in the next 4 days. She made $50K in the next couple months, and two years later, by the time she was 23, she made her first million.

Nothing.

In fact, she was WORSE off than you, but because she was willing to work hard, and because she had aspirations, she was able to completely change her life and become a multi-millionaire. That was in the early 90s. She now teaches others how to do what she did.

Can you talk? Can you walk? Can you pick up a phone or sit at a computer? Then you can have the life you WANT instead of the life you think you're stuck with.

That's what I'm doing right now, man. I have a degree in Theatre. But I'm going to make an extra 6-10K this year doing my network marketing business. Next year will be more, and more, and more till I don't have to work my s***ty catering job. You're unemployed so you've got the time - now just start doing something with it!

If you want to learn HOW to do all these things, I can point you to some awesome reading. But at the end of the day, you have to want it yourself.

Question - how would your life be better if you owned your own restaurant than it is right now?

I feel like I'm reading an infomercial. :P

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 17, 2012 -> 12:25 PM)

Nothing.

Find out how she did the bolded and I'll believe it. If she was homeless, and jobless, what'd she do that I can do? Thats what I wanna know.

Nothings going to be handed to me, if I wanna own a restaurant, its gonna be from saving money from my security job that once I'm clean I will no doubt get.

Lol I dont see whats wrong with taking that path, I mean 10-11 dollars to start isn't BAD. I mean even if I don't end up saving the money for a restaurant, there's money to be made in security. One of the guys I worked with was making 17 an hour. It took him 10 years at the same job but still if I'm making 17 an hour at 35 thats not a bad chunk of change.

Oh and P.S. I hate infomercials =p

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 17, 2012 -> 11:57 AM)
Find out how she did the bolded and I'll believe it. If she was homeless, and jobless, what'd she do that I can do? Thats what I wanna know.

The right personality and a lot of luck. I know a couple of people that have gotten into that network marketing stuff. It's certainly not for everyone. If you're the type of person that can sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves, then you might be successful. But not many people are.

FWIW, they do have business loans if you are really serious about starting your own restaurant. You just need a solid business plan. But IIRC, the success rate of non-franchised restaurants is really, really low.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 17, 2012 -> 11:57 AM)

Nothings going to be handed to me, if I wanna own a restaurant, its gonna be from saving money from my security job that once I'm clean I will no doubt get.

Lol I dont see whats wrong with taking that path, I mean 10-11 dollars to start isn't BAD. I mean even if I don't end up saving the money for a restaurant, there's money to be made in security. One of the guys I worked with was making 17 an hour. It took him 10 years at the same job but still if I'm making 17 an hour at 35 thats not a bad chunk of change.

Oh and P.S. I hate infomercials =p

If I told you something was a one in a million chance, that would make sense right? There are 300,000,000 people in the US. It does happen... not often, but it does happen. For example, The Pursuit of Happyness, is based on a real story.

Heh I was going to start with, I dont want to be preachy, but obviously if I think its necessary to start a post like that a soap box is being brought out.

Im not going to judge on how you life your life. I dont care if you do drugs or any of that. But if you recognize something is holding you back, you have to either stop doing it or overcome it.

Ive seen people quit smoking so that they can pass a drug test, etc. If that is what is holding you back, find another way to get high that they dont test for, I suggest old fashioned drinking and if you hate to drink, try and get a script from a dr for some anxiety pills etc.

Good luck, its tough but sounds like you are taking the first step, which is recognizing you want something different.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 17, 2012 -> 12:58 PM)
The right personality and a lot of luck. I know a couple of people that have gotten into that network marketing stuff. It's certainly not for everyone. If you're the type of person that can sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves, then you might be successful. But not many people are.

FWIW, they do have business loans if you are really serious about starting your own restaurant. You just need a solid business plan. But IIRC, the success rate of non-franchised restaurants is really, really low.

I've done the beachbody, network marketing deal and it wasn't for me....I lost money doing it.

I also have terrible credit (a bank over draft that turned into $1,500, a credit card that turned into $2,300, and I had an 06 Pontiac G6 that got repoed with 11k on it)

I have a solid plan but with my credit the only way I'm getting a restaurant is if I work for it.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 17, 2012 -> 01:13 PM)
Heh I was going to start with, I dont want to be preachy, but obviously if I think its necessary to start a post like that a soap box is being brought out.

Im not going to judge on how you life your life. I dont care if you do drugs or any of that. But if you recognize something is holding you back, you have to either stop doing it or overcome it.

Ive seen people quit smoking so that they can pass a drug test, etc. If that is what is holding you back, find another way to get high that they dont test for, I suggest old fashioned drinking and if you hate to drink, try and get a script from a dr for some anxiety pills etc.

Good luck, its tough but sounds like you are taking the first step, which is recognizing you want something different.

You missed the part where I've said I'm 3 weeks clean and have been drinking a gallon of water a day. It takes about a month to get it out of your system so I'm well on my way.