Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 07:55 PM)
Anyone ever go out with a girl and feel like she isn't being herself or is trying to hard?

Does that make sense?

Or does this girl actually dig me? Odd.

It makes sense; I know what you mean.

In my experience, it usually means they do indeed dig you; they're so worried about impressing you they act like something they're not. It can be awkward to get them to act like themselves though (or just happens over time...depends), and sometimes it just doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a pretty delicate situation. Here's the story:

I have been dating a woman for a year and couple of months now. She is a really sweet girl and I like her. However a week ago, I met a new woman by coincidence and we started talking. I have so much more in common with this girl and we connected really fast. I am started to have feelings for this girl and I am already feel like it's tearing me up inside. I like my girlfriend a lot but I wasn't aware that I was so vulnerable to a new woman swooping in like this. I'm not sure if this post is too vague for a response but if anyone needs any clarification, I'll be had to shed a light on it.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 12:12 PM)

I have been dating a woman for a year and couple of months now. She is a really sweet girl and I like her. However a week ago, I met a new woman by coincidence and we started talking. I have so much more in common with this girl and we connected really fast. I am started to have feelings for this girl and I am already feel like it's tearing me up inside. I like my girlfriend a lot but I wasn't aware that I was so vulnerable to a new woman swooping in like this. I'm not sure if this post is too vague for a response but if anyone needs any clarification, I'll be had to shed a light on it.

How old are you?

How did you happen to meet this new woman?

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 11:12 AM)

If your gut says the new girl is it, time to be honest and cut ties with the old one before it becomes really hurtful.

If you're having that strong of feelings for another girl, it doesn't appear to me that you like/love the first one that much. Do you see long-term potential in the first one? I'm not sure how old you are or what you're looking for, but somewhere that has to be in the back of your mind.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 01:31 PM)
If your gut says the new girl is it, time to be honest and cut ties with the old one before it becomes really hurtful.

If you're having that strong of feelings for another girl, it doesn't appear to me that you like/love the first one that much. Do you see long-term potential in the first one? I'm not sure how old you are or what you're looking for, but somewhere that has to be in the back of your mind.

Illinikrush how can you forget me man? Sox and Tigers last game of the season! That was me you were sitting next to LMAO.

Here's the thing. I thought I saw long term potential until it donned on me we don't share many common interests. That's what this new girl brought to the table. She's not a co-worker she just works at the same university.

My current girlfriend is great but she's just missing that X factor. Now I'm aware that this might be sheer infatuation with this new girl and I'm not trying to base a decision on that impulse. I know that if I keep seeing both women that's the epitome of having my cake and eating it. I'm trying to nip it at the bud before I get into the "player" territory.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 03:52 PM)
Illinikrush how can you forget me man? Sox and Tigers last game of the season! That was me you were sitting next to LMAO.

Here's the thing. I thought I saw long term potential until it donned on me we don't share many common interests. That's what this new girl brought to the table. She's not a co-worker she just works at the same university.

My current girlfriend is great but she's just missing that X factor. Now I'm aware that this might be sheer infatuation with this new girl and I'm not trying to base a decision on that impulse. I know that if I keep seeing both women that's the epitome of having my cake and eating it. I'm trying to nip it at the bud before I get into the "player" territory.

I remember you, just didn't know how old you are...

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 03:41 PM)
I'm not sure why my age is relevant per se but I'm 27.

I met her at work.

Well, the older you are and the more dating experience you have, the better you tend to get at understanding your feelings and what works and doesn't work for you in relationships. I know for a fact that I have learned a lot from past experience.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 03:41 PM)
I'm not sure why my age is relevant per se but I'm 27.

I met her at work.

Say nothing beyond this. Stop. Do not pass go on this one. Don't get involved with people you work with or at the same company as...it's never a good idea.

And the reason you feel the way you do is because she's new...and your using this "common interests" excuse to justify it, it has nothing to do with these interests...it has to do with her being new/different from what you have.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Feb 4, 2013 -> 08:54 AM)
Say nothing beyond this. Stop. Do not pass go on this one. Don't get involved with people you work with or at the same company as...it's never a good idea.

And the reason you feel the way you do is because she's new...and your using this "common interests" excuse to justify it, it has nothing to do with these interests...it has to do with her being new/different from what you have.

OK if you looked at one of my previous post I said it very well could be sheer infatuation. You sound pretty confident about how I feel about this situation. LMAO.

I understand that getting involved with a co-worker is bad news bears but isn't this case a tad bit different? Universities are huge and although I may know what department she works in it's cross campus.

Edited by pettie4sox