Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 06:59 AM)
Very surprised Illini were over 94%, with the suckitude of the Fighting Zookers and the usual lukewarm support for the football program.

townies man, townies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 01:19 PM)
Great Article on Jim Tressel in a Gay publication.

Haven't read the actual article, but read a column on yahoo talking about what Tressel said in it. I was shocked to see the senator step out like that, but good for him taking a stand.

PFT

Tebow's pre-Wonderlic prayer request falls flat

Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2010 7:20 PM ET

As we've mentioned once or twice, quarterback Tim Tebow's habit of openly expressing his religious beliefs could potentially rub folks the wrong way, especially in a locker room of grown men who choose to keep their beliefs to themselves, who don't share his beliefs at all, and/or who only want to hear "God bless" after they have sneezed.

We're told that Tebow already has gotten a taste of the resistance he might face at the next level.

At the Scouting Combine, the Wonderlic exam is administered to players in groups. The 12-minute test is preceded by some brief instructions and comments from the person administering the test.

Per a league source, after the person administering the test to Tebow's group had finished, Tebow made a request that the players bow their heads in prayer before taking the 50-question exam.

Said one of the other players in response: "Shut the f--k up." Others players in the room then laughed.

We're not passing judgment on this one; we're just passing along what we've heard. And it illustrates the type of challenges that could be faced by the team that drafts Tebow.

That said, some teams might embrace those challenges. The final decision will depend largely on the composition of the team, and the personalities of the coach, the G.M., and the owner.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 07:35 AM)
Urban Meyer is a crazy asshole. Ripping on that reporter, he sure thought he was a tough guy

I think I dislike Urban Meyer more than any other figure in college or pro sports. Well, actually he and Coach K are right there: complete assholes who not only think success means they can do whatever they want, but also have convinced themselves they aren't assholes, while also pretending they are holier than thou and don't do the same shady stuff all the other top programs do. Complete joke.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:19 PM)
I think I dislike Urban Meyer more than any other figure in college or pro sports. Well, actually he and Coach K are right there: complete assholes who not only think success means they can do whatever they want, but also have convinced themselves they aren't assholes, while also pretending they are holier than thou and don't do the same shady stuff all the other top programs do. Complete joke.

How is coach K an ahole? He seems like one of the good guys in coaching or at least comes off that way.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 09:06 AM)
How is coach K an ahole? He seems like one of the good guys in coaching or at least comes off that way.

One fairly well-reported example from over 20 years ago (a story B&B love to repeat on The Score) is how he called in Duke student reporters to a practice under false pretenses, then proceeded to berate and humilate them for their perceived critical reporting in front of the whole team.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 10:45 AM)
Orange and White game today... even if it's a glorified scrimmage, i still love it cause it's football. Then possibly a crawfish boil afterwards.

Texas Tech just finished the Red and Black game as well. I'm so damn excited to have Tuberville at the helm, everything about the way he runs the program is professional. Recruits and fans have noticed and so have the donations, it has been amazing. Tech will be the dark-horse pick for the Big 12 next year.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)
Texas Tech just finished the Red and Black game as well. I'm so damn excited to have Tuberville at the helm, everything about the way he runs the program is professional. Recruits and fans have noticed and so have the donations, it has been amazing. Tech will be the dark-horse pick for the Big 12 next year.

Tuberville was such an awesome hire. He's a great coach that got screwed at Auburn... If Kiffin had left a week earlier, I would have been all over Tuberville being the next UT coach, but oh well... I like what I've seen from Dooley so far at least.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 05:35 PM)
Tuberville was such an awesome hire. He's a great coach that got screwed at Auburn... If Kiffin had left a week earlier, I would have been all over Tuberville being the next UT coach, but oh well... I like what I've seen from Dooley so far at least.

Dooley will be a good hire. I knew he could get it done on gameday coaching, but figured he would struggle in recruiting. But we saw that wasn't the case with the ridiculous way he closed out the class.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 03:17 PM)

Is Texas Tech still going to run that spread offense or will they be changing now that Tuberville is there?

Ive always wondered if there would be a day that Texas Tech wasn't a huge passing school anymore..

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 08:15 PM)
Dooley will be a good hire. I knew he could get it done on gameday coaching, but figured he would struggle in recruiting. But we saw that wasn't the case with the ridiculous way he closed out the class.

Yeah, quite a few Tennessee fans are still worried about Dooley's recruiting ability b/c we have 1 commitment right now (unrated LB). All I have to know is that he pulled a Top 10 class (granted, a few of those guys had already enrolled early) with about 3 weeks to work with until signing day. Stole Justin Hunter and Da'Rick Rogers (two top-10 WRs) from LSU & Georgia. And got James Stone (4-star OT), who had been favoring Alabama when Kiffin was still at UT.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 12:34 AM)
Is Texas Tech still going to run that spread offense or will they be changing now that Tuberville is there?

Ive always wondered if there would be a day that Texas Tech wasn't a huge passing school anymore..

Yep, still a majority passing attack, as they brought in Troy's OC last year. It's an uptempo attack that is about 65% pass instead of 75% passing, but they will run more plays so you should see Tech QB's near the top of the passing charts. However, instead of 5,000 yard seasons, 4,200 yards will probably be the max. Baron Batch should be the first Tech 1,000 yard back in 12 years.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 11:45 AM)
Yep, still a majority passing attack, as they brought in Troy's OC last year. It's an uptempo attack that is about 65% pass instead of 75% passing, but they will run more plays so you should see Tech QB's near the top of the passing charts. However, instead of 5,000 yard seasons, 4,200 yards will probably be the max. Baron Batch should be the first Tech 1,000 yard back in 12 years.

Didn't Tuberville bring that Troy OC to Auburn when he was there as well? I know they tried to run a spread and it failed..