Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

I don't mind the general idea of icing the kicker, but at some point it shouldn't be possible anymore. Having 3 kicks in the air with 1 counting is just stupid. At some point everyone should know the kick is about to happen, and nothing can be done by the defense to stop it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 11:50 PM)
That was...not a good decision. Thanks for playing, Pitt.

They lost it with their pathetic 1st and 10 from the 15 at the end of regulation, really.

Yeah they did. Pitt played scared instead of going for the win on 3rd and 10. Youre 13 yards out, 30 seconds left with a timeout and you run a draw?? You have one of the best WR's in the nation. Go for the win, especially since they had Utah's defense reeling.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)
I don't mind the general idea of icing the kicker, but at some point it shouldn't be possible anymore. Having 3 kicks in the air with 1 counting is just stupid. At some point everyone should know the kick is about to happen, and nothing can be done by the defense to stop it.

Simple way of fixing that is to change the rule on kicking plays that timeouts can only be called on the field and not by the sidelines. If a defensive player calls timeout, its much less likely he will time it so precisely and the ball would rarely get snapped, let alone kicked.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 10:12 AM)
Hopefully everyone got arrested and the kids without the shirts got a severe beating off camera.

It's "the U", there will be a documentary made about them praising how they changed college football. :ph34r:

Ahh college football is back.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 01:43 PM)
They got bailed out by a pretty weak personal foul call on the goal line or they would be in real jeopardy of losing this game.

I didn't see anything on that replay that warranted a personal foul. Before that TD rush I think they had 24 total yards of offense.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)
Some promising things from the Illinois defense, Leshoure is a stud. Scheelhaase needs to get a lot better but the major concern has to be the offensive line which was a freaking joke today.

Leshore was impressive. Scheelhaase has some talent, but a long way to go. I guess that should be expected. I wouldn't get down on the o-line yet. Mizzou has some really good DEs. Aldon Smith is one of the best in the country.

I was so upset with the first half that I couldn't bare to watch most of the 3rd quarter, but the halftime adjustments were terrific. Mizzou cleaned up the mental mistakes from the first half and beat a team they should have. It would have been so typical of Zook to succeed once the expectations drop again. Now Mizzou has 3 crappy non-conference games to clean up their act so they are ready for Big 12 season. It looks like another 8-4 team though.