Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 09:36 PM)
I know its early and who knows if it keeps up, but Illinois just seems so much more prepared and well coached this year. Koenning appears to be a great hire.

They are more well coached because their head coach let the coordinators run the game instead of him.

I did love the "Let the older benched QB turned WR throw the ball" playcalling with McGee throwing 2 of his 3 passes straight to SIU defenders

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 12:03 AM)
Its probably true, he dominated when in. UM's defense is weak but it takes a QB to exploit it.

That may be, but Michigan is a solid team this year. Definitely top 25 material. Not sure why everyone was so down on them still. They've recruited well enough that once Rodriguez has a few years of his players, it's just like West Virginia again.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 02:55 AM)
That may be, but Michigan is a solid team this year. Definitely top 25 material. Not sure why everyone was so down on them still. They've recruited well enough that once Rodriguez has a few years of his players, it's just like West Virginia again.

Based on what exactly? Beating an (always) overrated Notre Dame team that had trouble with Purdue (one of the worst teams in the Big Ten) a week ago?

When Michigan can stay within 14 of the likes of Ohio State, Iowa and Wisconsin, I'll consider them a good team. Until then, they're an over-hyped team with a name.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

Suck it Felix!

Seriously though, even though Minnesota football isn't the greatest, that's a huge, huge win for USD. Going into TCF Stadium and winning that game was a monumental win for a program that just 3 years ago went D1.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 08:32 AM)
Based on what exactly? Beating an (always) overrated Notre Dame team that had trouble with Purdue (one of the worst teams in the Big Ten) a week ago?

When Michigan can stay within 14 of the likes of Ohio State, Iowa and Wisconsin, I'll consider them a good team. Until then, they're an over-hyped team with a name.

How stupid is this comment? Michigan lost to Iowa 30-28 on the road last year and to OSU 21-10 (and threw 4 interceptions) last year. By every method of math I have ever learned, both of those scores are within 14 points.

Michigan still has a lot to prove but winning these first two games as an underdog was a huge step in that direction.

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 09:32 AM)

ND woulda have cruised past purdue if Floyd didnt just randomly fumble a ball.

Michigan is a 1 man team, so no I don't think they're top 25 but theyre good because of Robinson. When Crist was in ND was in another league then Michigan, everywhere on the field ND had more talent Robinson is just a freak who can keep his team in games especially when the other team cannot move the ball because their QB is Nate Montana.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 12:48 PM)
How stupid is this comment? Michigan lost to Iowa 30-28 on the road last year and to OSU 21-10 (and threw 4 interceptions) last year. By every method of math I have ever learned, both of those scores are within 14 points.

Michigan still has a lot to prove but winning these first two games as an underdog was a huge step in that direction.

Lol. Did you seriously bring up the OSU game where they were completely dominated as a proof to why they are good? Your team is an avg team at best with Robinson, against ND they lose with their REDSHIRT freshman in for more than a half. Dickrod is gone after this year and their mediocre talent isn't going to win them the conference for at least the next 4 years.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 09:32 AM)

I said top 25, not top 15. 9-3 makes them a top 25 team. With 2 cupcakes, Illinois, Indiana and Purdue on the schedule I don't see why that's unreasonable. I think they can beat one of Penn State, Iowa, Wisconsin or Ohio State. Michigan has two wins over BCS teams that were bowl eligible a year ago, I don't think anyone else can say that. They're not a powerhouse, but they're not overhyped when they started the year unranked.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 01:48 PM)

Michigan was a favorite over UCONN.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)
He's right here :unsure:

Don't think I said they would win easy, thought they would win by ten. Didn't think our QB would wet the bed like he did.

Oh well, Illini will still be near the bottom of the Big 10 while we contend for a national title.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 02:55 AM)

It's always the popular thing to hate Michigan whether they are down or out.

Wish they had another running back to take some pressure off Denard and Roundtree is a great reciever. In a Carr's offense, he would be Braylon Edwards like.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 04:26 PM)
I said top 25, not top 15. 9-3 makes them a top 25 team. With 2 cupcakes, Illinois, Indiana and Purdue on the schedule I don't see why that's unreasonable. I think they can beat one of Penn State, Iowa, Wisconsin or Ohio State. Michigan has two wins over BCS teams that were bowl eligible a year ago, I don't think anyone else can say that. They're not a powerhouse, but they're not overhyped when they started the year unranked.

Let me get this straight, you are saying Michigan is going to beat Ohio State?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 09:51 PM)
Do you freaking read? I said I think they can beat one of those 4.

Clearly, otherwise I wouldnt be on a message board reading posts. I think you've had too much Maize and Blue koolaid because I dont think Michigan is in the same league as those teams. CAN they beat them, sure, so can a FCS team if everything went their way.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 12:48 PM)

Convenient you ignore the 21 and 25 point loses to Wisconsin and Penn State, as well as the loses to Mich St, Illinois and Purdue.

And really I meant this year, since I think you probably would agree that last year Michigan was not a top 25 team (at least I hope you would). This year is starting off the same - win against a team you should beat at home and a win against a much overrated and overhyped Notre Dame team. Last year Michigan ended up at 5-7. And I think that except for Penn St, the top of the Big Ten is even better this year.

Is Michigan better than last year? Maybe. But still not top 25.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 11:56 AM)
Convenient you ignore the 21 and 25 point loses to Wisconsin and Penn State, as well as the loses to Mich St, Illinois and Purdue.

And really I meant this year, since I think you probably would agree that last year Michigan was not a top 25 team (at least I hope you would). This year is starting off the same - win against a team you should beat at home and a win against a much overrated and overhyped Notre Dame team. Last year Michigan ended up at 5-7. And I think that except for Penn St, the top of the Big Ten is even better this year.

The top of the conference is alot better this year for sure. Iowa looks flat out dominant, OSU is clearly a more complete team and Wisconsin's O-line will wear down just about anyone. Michigan definitely looks better on offense at the moment, although from only one guy, but their defense may be worse and the kicking game is still non-existent. It still remains to be seen if Robinson will even make it to the conference schedule with the amount of abuse he is taking and is going to take.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 11:56 AM)

It's a pretty safe bet that Michigan is better than last year. They already equaled last year's total of 2 wins vs. BCS caliber opponents. Last year they were really bad. I think they're a much more talented team. We'll obviously see, but I don't know why you are so set on Michigan being bad again.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 06:30 PM)
It's a pretty safe bet that Michigan is better than last year. They already equaled last year's total of 2 wins vs. BCS caliber opponents. Last year they were really bad. I think they're a much more talented team. We'll obviously see, but I don't know why you are so set on Michigan being bad again.

Because it is always popular to hate Michigan. People like to mock Rodriguez as well, forgetting their coach has probably done worse things. Lots of sports fans wear blinders.