Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kev211 @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 03:58 AM)
Michigan will beat Penn St, Purdue, and maybe Illinois. They might steal a game vs OSU, Wisc, MSU, or Iowa. So yeah thats 8-10 wins, probably 9ish. I still don't think they're as good as the media and people are making them out to be, but they're also not the fraud I made them out to be.

Fixed.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 12:56 PM)
Illinois will be a Top-25 team next season. Book it, especially if Martez, Luiget and Leshoure come back.

Liguet is legit, a very good player. Illinois D line is underrated.

And Ben Chappell is overrated.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 07:25 PM)
True, but they won't have guarantee games against Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Colorado and Missouri anymore. Instead, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, and Northwestern.

Hey! We split the last 8 games with the Huskers!

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 12:56 PM)
Illinois will be a Top-25 team next season. Book it, especially if Martez, Luiget and Leshoure come back.

Yikes. You could see from week one that this was a better team than the expectations (I was having flashbacks to 2007 with the Mizzou game, felt bad because it was close but maybe Illinois was solid), BUT that's still a stretch. Long way to go for that and Zook seems to only succeed with no expectations.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Close first quarter in the Michigan/Michigan st. game.... Denard has missed 2 TD's through the air though already. The Michigan D-Line is definitely kicking some major ass.

Yeah for all the talk on here you would think Michigan would never be able to shutout a top 20 team for a quarter.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Close first quarter in the Michigan/Michigan st. game.... Denard has missed 2 TD's through the air though already. The Michigan D-Line is definitely kicking some major ass.

He should of just tucked it and ran when he threw the INT. Missing the open guy was pretty awful.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)
fUSC- 21

Alabama- 3

South Carolina came to play today. I didn't expect them to be the more physical team.

Also, Alshon Jeffery is nasty. I somehow don't think he'll be pumping gas for a living, lol...

The CBS announcing duo of Verne and Danielson suck so much. For starters Verne is old and doesnt know what he's watching. He blows everything way overboard.

After 4 years of sucking Florida's nuts, they jumped onto Alabama's. I understand those two pushing the best SEC team but they go to the extreme.

Big score by Alabama to close the half. I think that might propel them to comeback and win.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 05:02 PM)
CBS blowing of anything Alabama is getting ridiculous. I just hope they lose because they are about the last hope for a SEC contender. It'll ruin CBS not to have one.

Auburn is still alive in the national title talk.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 04:32 PM)
Michigan's defense is absolutely terrible.

Understatement. The corners are bad, but young so they can improve, but Cousins, when he finally has time, has guys open everywhere.

The D Line is playing good I think.

Bad time for Denard to keep making bad throws.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
Understatement. The corners are bad, but young so they can improve, but Cousins, when he finally has time, has guys open everywhere.

The D Line is playing good I think.

Bad time for Denard to keep making bad throws.

The D Line isn't doing a good job at all versus the run and their linebackers also look horrendous.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
lol@ Garcia.

Alabama's got this.

Yeah, America's luckiest team just caught another break. Come on, SC.

Edit: I'm not saying Bama isn't good - they're awesome. But every game they also seem to get all the breaks to go their way.

Edited by dasox24