Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 06:08 PM)
People love to cheer for the underdog. I won't watch the championship unless TCU is involved. I just find it boring and an inferior product to the NFL.

I understand the underdog aspect of it. I was cheering when Boise beat OU back in that Fiesta Bowl.

If Oregon and Auburn played next week for the title, I think it would be an amazing offensive game. Problem is that it will be play 5 weeks from now and both offenses could start out slow for not being in sync.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 07:05 PM)
man, the SEC East was horrible this year.

No doubt. This was the weakest the East has ever been... I mean, South Carolina winning the East should tell you everything. If there is no Florida, Tennessee, or Georgia in the SEC Championship Game, you know it's a down year.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 06:14 PM)
No doubt. This was the weakest the East has ever been... I mean, South Carolina winning the East should tell you everything. If there is no Florida, Tennessee, or Georgia in the SEC Championship Game, you know it's a down year.

Really unless its Florida in the SEC Championship game it's a down year...

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 07:41 PM)
Really unless its Florida in the SEC Championship game it's a down year...

Then you must have started watching football in the last 2 or 3 years. Because before that, Florida had only been to 2 more SEC Championship games than Tennessee (and Georgia had been to 3 total). While Florida has been to the most, I wouldn't say that's dominant. But yes, in the last 3 years, they have been much better than the rest of the division as a whole.

Edited by dasox24

Georgia and Tennessee have put good teams in the SEC title game.

I think the SEC East will bounce back in 2011. Florida might be better. I think UGA has a chance to be really good. South Carolina has a chance to improve. Dont know enough about Tennessee but I would think they could improve but not enough to win the East.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 08:53 PM)
Georgia and Tennessee have put good teams in the SEC title game.

I think the SEC East will bounce back in 2011. Florida might be better. I think UGA has a chance to be really good. South Carolina has a chance to improve. Dont know enough about Tennessee but I would think they could improve but not enough to win the East.

No doubt about that. The East will be much better next year.

Unfortunately for me, I feel like there's no way Florida isn't better next year. Meyer will make the necessary changes to ensure that (getting rid of the OC, changing QB's cause Brantley doesn't fit the spread-offense, etc). Plus, they have way too much talent. That entire roster is 4 and 5-star players.

Georgia will be a threat as long as Murray is running that offense, and since he's only a redshirt freshman, he still should improve a lot (which is scary b/c he was really good this year).

SC returns their 2 best players in Jeffery and Lattimore, so yeah, that offense should be hitting on all-cylinders next year.

And Tennessee was playing with 8 or 9 freshman on the field at one time for much of the 2nd half of the season. That should only mean good things with the entire offensive line coming back with starting experience and our true frosh QB, who tore it up the last 5 games of the season (including going 4-0 as a starter to finish the year). Plus, 3 of our Top 5 WR's will be back, our starting FB will be back, and so will our starting RB. The defense will be the problem, but we do return a good bit. The entire secondary will be back, and the starting DT's. I think the down years for Tennessee are just about done. This team this year was the least talented team since the mid-80's, and we still managed to make a bowl game and could have finished equal to Florida in the standings if not for the LSU loss, which was about as freaky of a loss as you'll ever see.

I would like to b**** slap whoever thought it would be a bright idea to have the USF-UCONN game be played just 20 hours before the Bucs game tomorrow.

But I would love to see Miami try to talk with Randy Edsall about being their head coach.

Yeah, we got our asses kicked today, but don't let that undersell what we accomplished. Beating Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and at Florida was a big thing for us. As week, returning 8 on off, 8 on def, 2 of which are Alshon and Lattimore, the future is still bright.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 12:42 AM)
Yeah, we got our asses kicked today, but don't let that undersell what we accomplished. Beating Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and at Florida was a big thing for us. As week, returning 8 on off, 8 on def, 2 of which are Alshon and Lattimore, the future is still bright.

Definitely. One of your players had a post-game quote to that effect. I'd imagine this was definitely one of the best years in SC history, and next year should only get better (though the entire East will be a lot better as well). There's so much young talent in the East right now (heck, even Kentucky returns a ton of their starters). It should be fun to watch next year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 02:03 AM)
How good of a coach can Frank Beamer be if this team lost at home to a FCS school??? Or is the ACC that bad??

Va Tech is actually pretty damn good, that being said, there's absolutely no excuse for losing to James Madison.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)
Most everything I've heard about UT has suggested they're on their way to Nashville for the Music City Bowl.

Originally they were saying UM/Florida in the Gator, but the Gator Bowl chairman basically said Florida won't be their first choice because they want to bring in non-local $$ and having UF will not put heads in beds, aka fill hotel rooms. Nothing is set, but that is the latest as of a day or two ago.