Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 12, 2010 -> 07:00 PM)
In 2005, Miami was 8-1 and third in the BCS before losing to GT. It didnt matter anyways since USC and Texas went undefeated.

Pretty excited about Golden being hired. Turned Temple around and he is a young, energetic coach with a blue collar mentality. We'll see how long he stays once JoePa dies.

Here's your new coach, Zen. I love "The Final Countdown" playing in the background around the 2:10 mark.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 12, 2010 -> 08:32 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2299700:date=Dec 12, 2010 -> 07:00 PM:name=zenryan)-->
<!--quotec-->In 2005, Miami was 8-1 and third in the BCS before losing to GT. It didnt matter anyways since USC and Texas went undefeated.

Pretty excited about Golden being hired. Turned Temple around and he is a young, energetic coach with a blue collar mentality. We'll see how long he stays once JoePa dies.

Here's your new coach, Zen. I love "The Final Countdown" playing in the background around the 2:10 mark.

lol, good stuff.

Hopefully he is only similar to Ron Zook in the workout department.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 12, 2010 -> 07:32 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2299700:date=Dec 12, 2010 -> 07:00 PM:name=zenryan)-->
<!--quotec-->In 2005, Miami was 8-1 and third in the BCS before losing to GT. It didnt matter anyways since USC and Texas went undefeated.

That was quite disturbing.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 12, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)
That has to be one of the best college football staffs of all-time. 5 current head coaches: Saban, Fisher, Dooley, Muschamp, Shane Montgomery (Miami-Ohio).

Shane Montgomery single handedly took Miami's program and threw it into the toilet only to be finally fixed with his firing.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 12, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
Shane Montgomery single handedly took Miami's program and threw it into the toilet only to be finally fixed with his firing.

I'm an idiot. I meant Michael Haywood. He was the RB coach for Saban at LSU. Haywood, I imagine, you like. Haha.

You're new "Big Ten/Twelve" Logo:

http://twitpic.com/3fmd0f

Division Names:

Legends

• Iowa
  • Michigan
  • Michigan State
  • Minnesota
  • Nebraska
  • Northwestern
Leaders
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Ohio State
  • Penn State
  • Purdue
  • Wisconsin
Big 10's Championship Trophy: The Stagg-Paterno Championship Trophy

MVP Trophy: Grange-Griffin MVP Trophy

.I wish I was joking, but I am not.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 13, 2010 -> 01:26 PM)
NIU hires Wisconsin Defensive Coordinator Dave Doeren.

Should I be excited? His resume looks good on paper, and he's inheriting a very healthy football program here. I like the hire based on what I know, but I don't know a lot about the guy to be honest. He has the tools to be successful here, for sure.

Ive liked what he does with Wisconsin's defense, although some times I feel like im watching the Bears (soft coverage giving up to much underneath).

He is supposedly a decent recruiter and he should have some connections having been in the Midwest with Wisconsin. It will be interesting to see what he decides for offense.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 13, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)
Ive liked what he does with Wisconsin's defense, although some times I feel like im watching the Bears (soft coverage giving up to much underneath).

He is supposedly a decent recruiter and he should have some connections having been in the Midwest with Wisconsin. It will be interesting to see what he decides for offense.

Our offense is going to be absolutely loaded next year, so as long as he hires somebody decent to run it that'll be fine at least in the short term. The defense loses some guys, so he'll have to earn his stripes there. Although it's not like he's inheriting a disaster, there is some talent returning and we led the conference in d this year. Sounds like he runs a similar defense to what we've been running here too. Recruiting should be fine as well. He mentioned he's recruited in Florida quite a bit in his presser and he has midwest ties, and those are the two places where basically all of our players are from.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Here's the rumored list of some who will reportedly be suspended:

Binns, Ballard, McNutt, Davis, ARob, Hampton, Prater, Bernstein have all failed drug tests.

fvsports #Iowa According to police documents, Iowa City Police Street Crimes investigators were conducting a drug investigation on over 20 players

fvsports Officers allegedly found marijuana, more than $30,000 cash, many digital scales and other items used in the sale of drugs. #Iowa

Cells phone records indicate that numerous Iowa players were involved in drug selling activities. #Iowa #Hawkeyes

9 minutes ago via web

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 13, 2010 -> 02:12 PM)
Not sure if it all sticks, but I'll let you know. Supposedly some of the biggest names are involved.

http://deadspin.com/5713139/somethings-going-down-at-iowa

I've heard Arob is staying, suspended for the bowl game. Huge names, but sounds like Stanzi/Ballard are free. But this is huge huge news and incredibly dissapointing as a fan.