Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 07:56 PM)
The way the grass moved it looked like field turf, but it does appear to be grass. Not sure what they did to get the field to act that way.

They actually roll it out into the sun to grow and then roll it back in and fill in the gaps in pieces.

I've seen alot of Fiesta bowls.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 08:08 PM)
no its not. All because there hasnt been any scoring doesnt mean its awful.

It's not like the defensive stops have been great plays. Until just now, both offenses have looked bad.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 08:08 PM)
no its not. All because there hasnt been any scoring doesnt mean its awful.

Oh come on, you know if Oregon was Miami you would be cursing out Jacory right now, because thats about what Thomas has looked like.

Lamichael James may be the best player on the field, feed him the ball.

We have two finesse offenses who had 40 days off. Did you expect both teams to play flawless?

Oregon has moved the ball well twice and has made plays against Newton. Sure there have been some mistakes but I've seen a lot more less entertaining starts to bowl games.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 09:46 PM)
If by better you mean it reminds me of a Madden game where the other player uses every gimmick to try and win.

Id guess the strategy for going for 2 is that you dont believe your defense can stop them, so 14-11 is a fg versus 14-10 needing a td.

I dont think Oregon has a theory for going for 2. They've gone for two on opening touchdowns. They just do it just because they can.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 10:44 PM)
Yeah he is hurting, he just went down on the next play instead of getting contact, and you could tell on the zone read he never even considered taking the ball.

Does he always dive so much when he runs with the ball? It definitely looks like he is hurting.