Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 11:07 PM)
I feel like we were robbed for some reason.

This game was boring in the second half and could have turned into something great in OT.

I hear ya on that. There was game-ending field goal to win it but still felt anti-climactic overall.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 11:15 PM)
Seriously, all in all a terrible game. And every message board you visit is claiming that was a bad call and the wrist hitting the ground = play is dead.

I dunno in the OSU game it was the back of his hand, when you have your fingers/palm planted on the ground that's not down

Because of the glove it just was hard to tell where the wrist begins and the hand ends. Had they said he was down that call would have likely stood. I think the slightly better team won, but I dont feel that either of these teams were the best 2 this year.

I think we can all agree that TCU is to blame.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 06:16 AM)
Because of the glove it just was hard to tell where the wrist begins and the hand ends. Had they said he was down that call would have likely stood. I think the slightly better team won, but I dont feel that either of these teams were the best 2 this year.

I think we can all agree that TCU is to blame.

Auburn was the best team this year, IMO. Actually, Alabama was the most talented team but for some reason just didn't win every game they played this year.

I think Alabama was a better team, I think Stanford may have been a better team, TCU was pretty good and Id obviously take Wisconsin against anyone (even if they lost to TCU, but I think that was a pretty good indication of how good both teams were).

None of this really matters though its all just to waste our time.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 12:17 AM)
Unless Gus Johnson or Sean McDonough are doing the game, it just seems like the play-by-play announcer is terrible.

You can't be serious. Brent Musberger is THE VOICE of college football.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 12:21 AM)
You can't be serious. Brent Musberger is THE VOICE of college football.

He personally bores the hell out of me.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 12:22 AM)
I can only listen to Gus Johnson in small doses, otherwise he just drives me nuts.

I can't get enough of him. Over the top indeed but I love it.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 12:23 AM)
He personally bores the hell out of me.

I can't get enough of him. Over the top indeed but I love it.

At the end of close games or during tournament time I like Gus Johnson, the rest of the time I just find him irritating.

I know I'm in the minority but the college game has just lost it appeal on me. I just find the spread offenses gimmicky and while they are creative I can't help but somehow be bored by watching a bunch of defensive players who can't make open field tackles. Maybe I'm a football purist but the pro game has become so much more appealing to me over the last 5 years or so whereas I used to enjoy college much more.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 01:28 AM)
I know I'm in the minority but the college game has just lost it appeal on me. I just find the spread offenses gimmicky and while they are creative I can't help but somehow be bored by watching a bunch of defensive players who can't make open field tackles. Maybe I'm a football purist but the pro game has become so much more appealing to me over the last 5 years or so whereas I used to enjoy college much more.

Edit I still watch college every game I can I just have come to vastly prefer the NFL

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 12:28 AM)

I love the college game but I always feel robbed of something after the National Championship game to be honest. Yes, the regular season is fantastic but I'm so f***in over the BCS.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 12:31 AM)
I love the college game but I always feel robbed of something after the National Championship game to be honest. Yes, the regular season is fantastic but I'm so f***in over the BCS.

It is ridiculous to decide the national championship with just one game like this and even more ridiculous to do it over a month after both teams finished their regular seasons. This isn't the same game and these really aren't the same teams we would have seen if the game was played a month ago. Until the NCAA adopts a playoff frankly the championship isn't completely legit.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 11:13 PM)
Well, looks like the 2010-2011 Championship will be vacated in a few years.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 11:13 PM)
I'm putting the over under at 2 years until this championship is vacated

A guy on ESPN this morning said something along the lines of "The FBI is still investigating. they may be slow, but they are thorough." THen went on to say that when this is all over it will be VERY muddy.