Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a great performance today by Illinois but at least they won. Scheelhaase struggled throwing the ball today but again the OL has not shown any ability whatsoever to pass block. The ground game was dominant though. The defense had a few huge lapses today but played well for the most part.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 06:54 PM)
You did get into it though, but dont take me as an OSU fan as a negative. If anything I hold UM higher than most other fans across the country. Not only did I live with 3 die hard UM fans in college including one whose family was close personal friends with Bo (this is how I met him a few times), but I always was taught by my family to respect our main rival because they are who made us great.

You are knowledgable which is why I called you on certain things. Using the term DickRod seems to contradict what you just stated. All I am saying if you want to slam Rodriguez for the NCAA stuff, know the whole story, not just what you get on ESPN in 10 second snippets. I know its only a message board. If Michigan sucks, I'll admit it. But I like to at least consider all the facts.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 12:03 AM)
Its only halftime, but thanks for telling me to avoid Iowa-1.5. Zona is kicking some ass and I dont see Iowa as the type of team to mount a huge comeback.

Iowa walked into a hornet's nest tonight.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 18, 2010 -> 11:18 PM)
Iowa walked into a hornet's nest tonight.

Kinda reminds me of the Chargers/Chiefs Monday night game. Chiefs were not better than the Bolts, but all the outside effects made it obvious that the favorite will lose on the road.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 18, 2010 -> 11:25 PM)
So I went back and looked at the play clock in the upper right-hand corner on the fake FG. It looks like the ball was snapped literally as the clock hit double zero. The ESPN/ABC clock was about .3 seconds fast.

In the picture provided you can see the stadium clock at :00, and the ball not yet snapped. They were about .5 seconds late, which isn't much, but it's still late.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 01:56 AM)
In the picture provided you can see the stadium clock at :00, and the ball not yet snapped. They were about .5 seconds late, which isn't much, but it's still late.

Doesn't matter how the f*** you allow that to happen to you is beyond me. I could see that on a chip shot field goal, but on a 46 yarder thats inexcusable.

I know that it was a big play and all, but avoiding a delay of game is one of the more common things in football. Not that it makes it right to miss a call...buttttttttt

Anyway. Wow, can't believe we almost lost to SDSU. However, that TJ Moe side step to then getting a block that knocked out 2 sdsu players was one of the cooler plays I've seen. I was feeling pretty good earlier but now...jeeze i'm worried about Miami(OH) and worry that our brutal stretch might dismantle us and pin us at 7 or so wins.