Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 07:35 AM)
That was a seriously disappointing loss by Iowa last night. I really thought they were going to come back.

It looked like it, but they buried themselves early on with that poor special teams play and Marvin McNutt's normally sure hands turning a reception into a pick 6. Sucks, but that match-up was a disaster waiting to happen.

Strange mix of games this weekend. The Big Ten games sucked. I wish they would move up some conference games like the SEC does instead of waiting until week 5. It would at least allow them to spread out all of the cupcakes instead of loading them all into one weekend. As a conference, I think you need good games with more than local interest every week.

Michigan drops 65 on Bowling Green and only scores the 3rd most points amongst conference teams. When is the last time you can say that about the Big Ten?

I hope Saturday night was the last time I ever watch a game at Boise. We were watching in a bar and you couldn't see the Boise players in their blue unis on that stupid turf. Eastern Washington now has a red field. PLEASE tell me this is not going to become a trend!!!

Michigan looks good right now. Now come the real tests. I truly believe they CAN win their next 6 games. Will they? Probably not. I guarantee you from this point on there will be at least 3 if not more games where they will simply have to outscore the other team in a track meet. How many 45-41 games can they survive?

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 06:42 PM)
I hope Saturday night was the last time I ever watch a game at Boise. We were watching in a bar and you couldn't see the Boise players in their blue unis on that stupid turf. Eastern Washington now has a red field. PLEASE tell me this is not going to become a trend!!!

...we totally need a bright orange field.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 10:31 PM)
No one mentioned Texas getting slaughtered by a 1-2 UCLA in Austin? The polls proved they are moronic by keeping Texas ranked (top 20 still in the coaches poll).

The polls are a joke. Texas stays in the top 20 with the coaches probably because they all respect Brown. Then the media jumps Stanford up from 16 to 9 in the AP for beating a crap Notre Dame team.

Maybe ESPN paid off some voters in the AP so they can hype their top 10 matchup between Oregon/Stanford to go against CBS' top 10 match up of Alabama/Florida at 8pm.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
The polls are a joke. Texas stays in the top 20 with the coaches probably because they all respect Brown. Then the media jumps Stanford up from 16 to 9 in the AP for beating a crap Notre Dame team.

Maybe ESPN paid off some voters in the AP so they can hype their top 10 matchup between Oregon/Stanford to go against CBS' top 10 match up of Alabama/Florida at 8pm.

Stanford has been slaughtering teams though.

10. Jordan Jefferson is the worst quarterback in the SEC, and one of the worst in college football.

But first another great quote from Les Miles. This one on cornerback Patrick Peterson: "When he's hydrated, he's the best in the country, arguably."

You. Can't. Make. These. Up.

In the meantime, the LSU defense is presently the top-ranked in the SEC, and ninth best in the nation. And unlike just about every other SEC team, the Tigers have played four BCS level teams. So those defensive numbers are legit.

But where does LSU's passing offense rank after four games?

Try 115th out of 120 teams in the nation. Can it get worse? Three of the teams beneath the Tigers run the triple option.

The total offense numbers aren't much better: 110th in the nation. What does all this mean? It's impossible to predict how the next eight games for LSU are going to turn out because there isn't a team in the nation with a greater disparity between total offense and total defense.

Good luck LSU fans.

Wow.