Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 2, 2010 -> 05:54 PM)
Miles cost LSU that game at Arkansas last year at the last second and should have lost today.

The Jefferson era looks to be down in Baton Rouge.

Lee didn't look good either though but at least he can sort of get the ball to those awesome receivers.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 2, 2010 -> 03:56 PM)
Michigan can seemingly be solid vs the run and pressure the QB but god that secondary is invisible....

But Denard Robinson seemingly is everything Terrell Pryor should be

Michigan doesnt play any defense, they arent really solid against anything. They are ranked 93rd nationally in total defense.

If Pryor "should" be a run-first QB in an option system then he would be racking up running yards left and right. He chose to play in a pro-style offense where he would be more of a pocket passer. There's a reason he has half the number of carries Robinson has and more throwing attempts, yards and throwing TD's.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 2, 2010 -> 07:01 PM)
If Pryor "should" be a run-first QB in an option system then he would be racking up running yards left and right. He chose to play in a pro-style offense where he would be more of a pocket passer. There's a reason he has half the number of carries Robinson has and more throwing attempts, yards and throwing TD's.

I'll refrain from arguing with you because you won't listen, but I find it funny how you refer to it as throwing rather than passing.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 2, 2010 -> 07:10 PM)
I'll refrain from arguing with you because you won't listen, but I find it funny how you refer to it as throwing rather than passing.

Arguing with me about what exactly? Denard Robinson is far and away the best running QB in the country. He is basically Pat White all over again. Pryor didnt want to be Pat White, he wanted to be Troy Smith. Smith would probably be starting in the NFL with the extra 7 inches of height, and thats what sold Pryor on OSU. He wanted to be more of a pocket passer instead of essentially what he was in high school. If the kid ran twice as much as he passed, he would probably be racking up yards left and right. Thats just how it is. There are many OSU fans that wished it was the case.

And as much as I respect Robinson's running ability as he may go down as the best running QB who has ever played, and I think his work ethic will make him a good passer, I still think the most talented QB on UM's roster is Gardner. That kid has a boatload of skills.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 2, 2010 -> 07:01 PM)
Michigan doesnt play any defense, they arent really solid against anything. They are ranked 93rd nationally in total defense.

If Pryor was capable of putting up the numbers that Robinson is, he would be doing so. Im not denying he doesnt have the talent but the better QB definitely resides in Michigan currently. As for Michigan's defense, I was just noting in that particular game their run defense and QB pressure were a plus. If you watched the game you would have saw that and wouldnt feel a need to say a worthless statement about their rank.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 2, 2010 -> 10:06 PM)
Its like watching someone play the AI in NCAA 11 on freshman.

I don't understand why Stanford just went for it on 4th down, there is still 9 mins left.. I get that you obviously havent stopped them but you need those points..

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 2, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
wait, what the

USC just called back to back timeouts.. I thought you couldn't do that?

Also why are college coaches f***ing morons when it comes to clock management? How the hell do you not use your timeouts if you are Kiffin to get the ball back with some time?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 2, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)
Also why are college coaches f***ing morons when it comes to clock management? How the hell do you not use your timeouts if you are Kiffin to get the ball back with some time?

I dont understand why he wasnt calling timeouts with about a minute left. Washington ended up getting the first down but you never know how things would have shaken out.

Watching Robinson run all over us was hilarious, exactly as I expected. But I don't quite understand the love he's getting for his passing skills, he made some God awful throws in that game. He was almost purely one dimensional today.

It bothered me when people cheered when it appeared Robinson was injured. But, to whoever mentioned the spinners...they got rid of those awhile ago.

I know you guys don't care about D1-AA, but USD beat UND for like the first time in 5 years (I'm about 99% sure it's the first time they beat them since I've been here), and it's more awesome because it's homecoming week.

Dante Warren is a beast. I haven't seen him play, but judging by the numbers, I think he could've played D1-A.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Oct 2, 2010 -> 09:36 PM)
Good game Heads. Positive side is that your guys hopefully got this clown coaching staff sent packing.

Not sure how that happened, but I drank my f***in balls off after.