Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

Alshon Jeffery is making his case for being the best WR in college football. AJ Green is awesome, but Jeffery is putting on a show against Bama's stellar defense. I'd still take Green, but it would be an interesting argument.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 06:43 PM)
Alshon Jeffery is making his case for being the best WR in college football. AJ Green is awesome, but Jeffery is putting on a show against Bama's stellar defense. I'd still take Green, but it would be an interesting argument.

That was a big time reception.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 05:46 PM)
Tough facing an actual defense huh Blue? Make Denard throw, and run the football.

Michigan's pass D is even worse than their run D. Basically if a team doesn't make mistakes they will score a ton of points against Michigan.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 05:36 PM)
All is right in college football, on this day.

My S.C. boys win against #1 in the country, and Clemson loses to a depleted UNC team.

Hot damn.

I was wondering when you were going to chime in on this thread... You guys looked legit today.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 11:16 PM)
Will anyone hold Michigan to less than 30 points this year? Will Michigan hold anyone else on their schedule to less than 30? This team is not for the faint of heart.

Yes, an actual defense will.

Your thoughts on today's game?

Alabama still in that area to make a late season push.

If Alabama wins out and any of the three between Ohio St,Oregon,OU,Neb lose then I think Alabama will get jump Boise and TCU.

Of course that's just the coaches poll and we'll have to wait for the BCS poll but I dont think we'll be seeing much of a difference.

This is going to piss off a lot of people...

Boise State projected as BCS No. 1

Six weeks into the college football season and one week before the first Bowl Championship Series standings are released, there are 13 unbeaten teams in all three polls.

So who'd be the BCS' No. 1 if the standings came out today? Would it be consensus No. 1 Ohio State, the top team in The Associated Press, USA Today and Harris polls? Or maybe fellow unbeaten Oregon, ranked No. 2 and earning first-place votes in all three polls?

According to the projection of ESPN's Brad Edwards, it's consensus No. 3 Boise State.

According to the projections, the No. 1 Buckeyes would place fifth in the BCS standings, percentage points behind Oklahoma.

I would just like to take this opportunity to say that Les Miles is the luckiest man in America. He is the worst coach in the history of football (I honestly don't think that's hyperbolic) at clock management, yet they keep winning. Every year, there is a team at this point who is undefeated that I root against until they lose because they don't deserve to be, and that team is LSU this year.

Also, Michigan State is going to go undefeated if they win at Iowa (which is admittedly a very tall order) because I cannot see anybody else on their schedule beating them at all. I think this story, which is pretty amazing, is going underreported right now. Mark Dantonio is some sort of genius.

Lastly, Boise may be #1 in the BCS now, but I can't see it lasting. If two or more big boys go undefeated, the Boise WAC schedule will catch up with them and rightly keep them out of the title game. However, I think this development shows that if 1 or 0 big boys finish undefeated, Boise will be in the title game. And that's also fair IMO.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

There are a lot of BCS disaster scenarios in play right now. TCU/BSU are obvious threats to get in the NC game. Yes there is still hope for BSU even with other undefeateds. They can add a potential 11-1 Nevada team to their SOS.

Or else you can go for just the two undefeateds from the Big Ten. It would be fun to see the BCS/voters scramble that mess.

Or the complete disaster:

Oregon 12-0

Okla/Nebraska 13-0

Ohio State 12-0

Michigan State 12-0

TCU 12-0

BSU 12-0

LSU/Auburn 13-0

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 11, 2010 -> 11:23 AM)
There are a lot of BCS disaster scenarios in play right now. TCU/BSU are obvious threats to get in the NC game. Yes there is still hope for BSU even with other undefeateds. They can add a potential 11-1 Nevada team to their SOS.

Or else you can go for just the two undefeateds from the Big Ten. It would be fun to see the BCS/voters scramble that mess.

Or the complete disaster:

Oregon 12-0

Okla/Nebraska 13-0

Ohio State 12-0

Michigan State 12-0

TCU 12-0

BSU 12-0

LSU/Auburn 13-0

Maybe if the complete disaster happened we would finally get a playoff.