Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 11:46 AM)
Naturally, Iowa State still controls its destiny in the Big 12 North as we roll into game ten of the season. All Iowa State needs to do is win two home games and at Colorado, and they go to the final Big 12 Championship game. :)

Maybe we'll get lucky and get to face Zac Lee again.

Seriously though, if Iowa State can go 2-1 the rest of the year (a win over Colorado, and a split of Mizzou/Nebraska in Ames), how long til Paul Rhoads is mentioned for bigger and better jobs?

EDIT: And, now, apparently, Taylor Martinez went from being probable against ISU to having a "shot" to play against ISU, according to Pelini. We are his dad's alma mater, after all, so I guess he really wants to play.

If you beat Nebraska I might run down to Ames on foot to thank every Iowa State fan I see.

There was a post on Rock M Nation about the final Nebraska game and what it means to lose them as a rival, etc. This is my favorite part that a lot of people on here will come to realize is 100% dead on:

Instead, we will just continuously talk about what could have been with this rivalry while getting back into the Oklahoma series full-force (and hopefully finding some new rivals along the way) and watching Big Ten fanbases slowly come to realize they don't enjoy Nebraska fans nearly as much as they thought they would in this summer's group hug stage. (And yes, Big Ten fans, it will happen. Quickly. You have no idea what you're getting yourself into.)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 05:33 PM)
If you beat Nebraska I might run down to Ames on foot to thank every Iowa State fan I see.

There was a post on Rock M Nation about the final Nebraska game and what it means to lose them as a rival, etc. This is my favorite part that a lot of people on here will come to realize is 100% dead on:

Martinez starting might be the best thing for us. He WON'T be 100%, and they may not be able to run him as much as they'd like. Not that they aren't still substantially better than us, no matter who's at QB. But if we can try to force them to pass to beat us, we have a chance. Iowa St. is 9th nationally in turnover margin, 9th in interceptions, 37th in fumble recoveries, 39th in RZ defense and 11th in total turnovers gained. Nebraska will outgain us, but it comes down to ISU forcing turnovers. Absolute best thing that could happen is Nebraska turning it over on the first drive and go "not again". We beat Texas by forcing Garrett Gilbert to try and beat us with his arm and we have linebackers, cornerbacks and safeties that could go up and get it.

We'll probably lose by 50, but as an Iowa State fan, we don't get to enjoy relevance this late in the season, so I better make it count.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 5, 2010 -> 09:25 AM)
anyone going to the NU-IL game at Wrigley?

Wonder why they decided to go West-East instead of North-South like they used to with the Bears.

I am still thinking about it, but the tickets are just so damn expensive, even at face value. I have been contemplating hitting up a rooftop. I might not be able to see one end zone, but for the same price as a ticket to the game I will have free food and booze. Either way, I am definitely gonna hit up the neighborhood for the game and check out whats going on.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 5, 2010 -> 09:46 AM)
I am still thinking about it, but the tickets are just so damn expensive, even at face value. I have been contemplating hitting up a rooftop. I might not be able to see one end zone, but for the same price as a ticket to the game I will have free food and booze. Either way, I am definitely gonna hit up the neighborhood for the game and check out whats going on.

And you'll be warm. Thats actually a good idea.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 5, 2010 -> 02:43 PM)
Seems like everyone is talking about Boise St but no one (relatively) is talking about TCU...the Boise St title dream likely ends if TCU beats Utah tomorrow.

That's because Boise is basically owned by ESPN and TCU is stuck on the Versus network or CBS College Sports station.

Seriously, it's quite possible the Illinois-Michigan basketball game could have the same score at halftime.

Btw, I love that Michigan Stadium was playing the Antoine Dodson "Bed Intruder" remix over the PA system.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Nov 6, 2010 -> 12:49 PM)
Seriously, it's quite possible the Illinois-Michigan basketball game could have the same score at halftime.

Btw, I love that Michigan Stadium was playing the Antoine Dodson "Bed Intruder" remix over the PA system.

I would assume Illinois basketball will kill Michigan this year.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Nov 6, 2010 -> 01:15 PM)
That was one of the worst personal foul calls I've ever seen. There was no late hit whatsoever. It wasn't even helmet to helmet or anything... Are SEC refs doing this game or something? lol

Yeah, I didn't get that call at all. Not that our D is playing worth a damn and would have gotten a stop anyway. Also, Zook the f***ing moron has made a return today. How the hell do you not go for it on 4th and half yard against one of the worst defenses in the country who hasn't been able to stop your run game at all at the 22. Just incredibly stupid.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Nov 6, 2010 -> 12:49 PM)

Last year's b-ball game was 51-44. Final.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 6, 2010 -> 02:29 PM)
Great 2nd half. Both teams played better.

Fun game to watch. As good as Vic Koenning has been as def coordinator at Illinois this year he did a pathetic job today. Michigan's offense is good but he didn't make a single adjustment the entire game today.

Also, the lack of balls shown by Zook today on 4th down plays was disgusting. When you are doing whatever you want offensively and you have 4th and less than a yard to put the game away you f***ing go for it.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 6, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
Understatement. That IU WR is lucky he plays for a s***ty team at a basketball school. If he is a WR at a school like Bama he wouldn't be able to leave his home today.

I hate being fans of so many teams that I just know are going to lose at the end...