Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

This should end the Hawkins era at Colorado.

Kansas down 45-17 scores 35 straight points in 11 minutes to take a 52-45 lead. Colorado then comes back in the final minute to get into the KU redzone before getting stopped.

What a crazy day in football. 130+ points in Michigan, Duke-Viginia had 103 points scored and this game almost hit triple digits.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 6, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
This should end the Hawkins era at Colorado.

Kansas down 45-17 scores 35 straight points in 11 minutes to take a 52-45 lead. Colorado then comes back in the final minute to get into the KU redzone before getting stopped.

What a crazy day in football. 130+ points in Michigan, Duke-Viginia had 103 points scored and this game almost hit triple digits.

Let's not forget Navy dropping 76 points on a 5-3 East Carolina team on the road, A & M knocking off Oklahoma and Texas Tech beating Missouri. Bama goes down, Penn State scoring 35 straight after giving Northwestern a 21-0 lead to get Joe Pa #400. Great day of football.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 6, 2010 -> 02:55 PM)
Fun game to watch. As good as Vic Koenning has been as def coordinator at Illinois this year he did a pathetic job today. Michigan's offense is good but he didn't make a single adjustment the entire game today.

Also, the lack of balls shown by Zook today on 4th down plays was disgusting. When you are doing whatever you want offensively and you have 4th and less than a yard to put the game away you f***ing go for it.

I was in the UM student section for the game and it was such an awesome game to see even though my horse (State) wasn't in the race. I was definitely surprised how little the UofI fans traveled. There was just a tiny little section of orange.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 11:53 AM)
Just because no one else has said it: TCU and Boise are really good.

ill wait till the bowl games before I decide that.. I don't think either of them could beat Oregon, Auburn, LSU, Alabama, Ohio State, Stanford, Iowa, or Wisconsin

this should finally be the year we get to see

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 03:12 AM)
ill wait till the bowl games before I decide that.. I don't think either of them could beat Oregon, Auburn, LSU, Alabama, Ohio State, Stanford, Iowa, or Wisconsin

this should finally be the year we get to see

I'm not a big proponent of either Boise St or TCU. In fact, I think they'd struggle to win 10 games if they played in a legit conference where they had to compete in big games every week. But, I'm not sure what you mean by this. I think we saw that Boise can beat a team like that when they beat Oklahoma in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl. And Utah beat Bama in the 2009 Sugar Bowl, so I think we've seen that teams like that can beat the big dogs.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 03:26 AM)
I think we saw that Boise can beat a team like that when they beat Oklahoma in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl. And Utah beat Bama in the 2009 Sugar Bowl, so I think we've seen that teams like that can beat the big dogs.

I disagree with that..

go look at Oklahomas schedule that year, they weren't that great.. and even so Boise had to pull everything out of their ass to win that game and congrats to them.. Alabama was undefeated and lost their chance to play for a National Title in the SEC title game, they clearly didn't wanna be in that Sugar Bowl against Utah..

What im talking about is the Hawaii/Georgia Sugar Bowl.. I wanna see Boise State or TCU play a school like that.. I don't wanna see them play eachother, and I don't wanna see them play the scrub Big East school that makes it..

I wanna see them play Ohio State.. Im pretty sure OSU isn't going to the National Title game, and if Oregon DOES that means that OSU will be in the Rose Bowl against one of Boise or TCU since its their year to take the non BCS conference qualifier.. I think what we have seen is those teams get favorable matchups

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 10:05 AM)
I disagree with that..

go look at Oklahomas schedule that year, they weren't that great.. and even so Boise had to pull everything out of their ass to win that game and congrats to them.. Alabama was undefeated and lost their chance to play for a National Title in the SEC title game, they clearly didn't wanna be in that Sugar Bowl against Utah..

What im talking about is the Hawaii/Georgia Sugar Bowl.. I wanna see Boise State or TCU play a school like that.. I don't wanna see them play eachother, and I don't wanna see them play the scrub Big East school that makes it..

If they beat a BCS school: WHATEVER. That school wasn't that good anyway.

If they lose to a BCS school: SEE? They can't play with the big boys.

Did anyone actually get to see the OT in the Iowa State - Nebraska game? The article on ESPN is vague at best as to what happened at the end, and I can't watch video from here. It looks like NEB scored early in OT, then ISU scored with no time left, and faked a PAT to go for 2 but failed? WTF?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 09:56 PM)
Utah is the biggest paper tiger in the top 10. They literally havent played anyone.

vs (4-3) Pittsburgh W 27-24

vs (1-6) UNLV W 38-10

at (0-7) New Mexico W 56-14

vs (1-7) San Jose St W 56-3

at (4-4) Iowa State W 68-27

at (2-6) Wyoming W 30-6

vs (2-6) Colorado St W 59-6

Combined Opponent W-L for Utah = 14-39

Called it. Such an easy game to predict this past weekend. TCU's defense is very good.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 07:00 AM)
Did anyone actually get to see the OT in the Iowa State - Nebraska game? The article on ESPN is vague at best as to what happened at the end, and I can't watch video from here. It looks like NEB scored early in OT, then ISU scored with no time left, and faked a PAT to go for 2 but failed? WTF?

Ya, ISU faked the extra point and had the holder throw a pass, which was intercepted. I was shaking my head at the play because I just didn't agree with the call. Evidently they didn't feel they confident in there chances of winning regularly in OT so opted to take one shot on a 2 point conversion for the win.

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 03:05 AM)
I disagree with that..

I wanna see them play Ohio State.. Im pretty sure OSU isn't going to the National Title game, and if Oregon DOES that means that OSU will be in the Rose Bowl against one of Boise or TCU since its their year to take the non BCS conference qualifier.. I think what we have seen is those teams get favorable matchups

That OU team that year was a bad call away from having 1 loss that season and at least being mentioned in the National Championship picture. And that Alabama excuse is just garbage. Not to mention both TCU and Boise this year are better than Boise from 06 and Utah from a few years back.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 10:58 AM)
That OU team that year was a bad call away from having 1 loss that season and at least being mentioned in the National Championship picture. And that Alabama excuse is just garbage. Not to mention both TCU and Boise this year are better than Boise from 06 and Utah from a few years back.

haha ok, they got their ass kicked by Texas and lost to Oregon, bad call or not.. that OU team was not as good as you are pretending they are.. and if you think Alabama wasn't down in that Sugar Bowl because of what JUST happened to them, you don't know what you are talking about.. garbage excuse, get the hell out of here..

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 09:35 AM)
Ya, ISU faked the extra point and had the holder throw a pass, which was intercepted. I was shaking my head at the play because I just didn't agree with the call. Evidently they didn't feel they confident in there chances of winning regularly in OT so opted to take one shot on a 2 point conversion for the win.

It still hurts. We hold on and win, and we have first place all alone to ourselves in the North with games against Colorado and Mizzou left.

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 03:05 AM)
I disagree with that..

f*** that, I want nothing to do with TCU. I'd like to see TCU face and beat Oregon in the national title game if I were to get my choice. Now I wouldnt mind OSU facing Boise in the Rose Bowl, however Im pretty sure OSU doesnt make it to that game.

Its hard to tell who will win the Big 10.

Right now Wisconsin is in the lead based on a four way tie and BCS computers being the tie breaker. Iowa plays OSU so one of them has to lose.

If MSU loses Wisconsin would be Big 10 champ based on head to head.

If Wisconsin loses OSU would be Big 10 champ based on BCS standings. Or Iowa would be Big 10 champ based on head to head.

If OSU loses Wisconsin would be Big 10 champ based on BCS standings.

If Iowa loses Wisconsin would be Big 10 champ based on BCS standings.

Ill just be happy if Wisconsin gets a BCS bid. Wisconsin is the only 1 loss Big 10 team to not receive one.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 03:49 PM)
Its hard to tell who will win the Big 10.

Right now Wisconsin is in the lead based on a four way tie and BCS computers being the tie breaker. Iowa plays OSU so one of them has to lose.

If MSU loses Wisconsin would be Big 10 champ based on head to head.

If Wisconsin loses OSU would be Big 10 champ based on BCS standings. Or Iowa would be Big 10 champ based on head to head.

If OSU loses Wisconsin would be Big 10 champ based on BCS standings.

If Iowa loses Wisconsin would be Big 10 champ based on BCS standings.

Ill just be happy if Wisconsin gets a BCS bid. Wisconsin is the only 1 loss Big 10 team to not receive one.

You are looking at BCS berth rules. If OSU and MSU win out, then they all share the B10 title with Wisconsin if they win out also.

You are looking at BCS berth rules. If OSU and MSU win out, then they all share the B10 title with Wisconsin if they win out also.

Yeah I should have stated that instead of implied it.

These are the tie breakers for how the teams will go to Bowl games. All of the teams would still be Big 10 Champs.

All that said, I really hope PSU can beat Michigan State. If that happens than I fully believe 2 of Iowa, Wisconsin and OSU will be going to the BCS game. Most likely it would be Wiscy and the winner of the Iowa/OSU game.

However, with all that said, Iowa will probably f*** up and lose to Northwestern and than beat Ohio State and totally make me look like an idiot, lol.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 04:13 PM)
All that said, I really hope PSU can beat Michigan State. If that happens than I fully believe 2 of Iowa, Wisconsin and OSU will be going to the BCS game. Most likely it would be Wiscy and the winner of the Iowa/OSU game.

However, with all that said, Iowa will probably f*** up and lose to Northwestern and than beat Ohio State and totally make me look like an idiot, lol.

HAHA. Its funny how I think in similar ways. I have been thinking its just like OSU to somehow beat PSU and Iowa but get trounced by michigan.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 10:58 AM)

Garbage based on what?

Alabama took a 4th quarter lead against the eventual national champs in the SEC title game before losing. Utah jumped out to a 21-0 lead in the first 10 minutes of that Sugar Bowl. You really think Alabama was excited to be there that night? The only thing Alabama was looking forward to in the weeks before the bowl game was the free gifts they were going to get.