Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Nov 19, 2010 -> 11:00 AM)
It's possible Auburn did pay Newton. But this stuff has been going around the past few days. It's a combination of old news and stuff Alabama fans dug up and posted on Bama message boards. It is far from credible.

For example, do you really think it would be public knowledge that the FBI has wiretaps of conversations to turn into the NCAA? Do you think the FBI is releasing that info? Hell no. The NCAA doesn't say squat about pending investigations, so who would know? It's all conjecture and not based on factual knowledge.

I think they payed them, but I think it's a situation of Miss St trying to bring another program down with them. I don't think Auburn is guilty of doing anything that any other program in the country has done. Well successful one that is. A couple of people on different boards have stated they have legit sources saying Urban was the original leak and guy pushing this stuff to the forefront.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 19, 2010 -> 08:04 PM)
I think they payed them, but I think it's a situation of Miss St trying to bring another program down with them. I don't think Auburn is guilty of doing anything that any other program in the country has done. Well successful one that is. A couple of people on different boards have stated they have legit sources saying Urban was the original leak and guy pushing this stuff to the forefront.

Urban leaking the info would not surprise me. Well him doing so directly would, but he's smart enough to get it out and keep his hands clean. There is just a lot of speculation and rumors flying, most of which are unsubstantiated. Time will tell.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 19, 2010 -> 08:04 PM)

You think every program in the country is paying its players hundreds of thousands of dollars with the coaches knowledge? Auburn has well documented (on youtube) videos of previous staffs paying college kids as well as supporting boosters paying their players.

Illinois gets screwed by incompetent officiating. It seriously is incredible how much college officials suck at their jobs. They got completely screwed on an illegal touch call where the only reason the Illinois player touched out of bounds was because a NW play dove and grabbed his leg to trip him. So instead of having first and goal at the 2 to go up 28-7 the play is offset by the defensive hold and Illinois gets no points.

No football games should be played at baseball stadiums... including the cell. Baseball stadiums were designed for baseball, football stadiums were designed for football. If there is going to be a college game played at a stadium in the city of chicago, it should be at soldier field.

OSU just dropped a go ahead touchdown. Lucky for them Prior is putting this team on his back and just converted a 4th down against my Hawkeyes. Come on Iowa.

f***, Iowa is gonna have to go down the field and do something. That missed field goal will probably cost em. Play being challenged.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 05:36 PM)
SHould have been. Either way, Iowa would have f***ed it up. They proved it this year, that they weren't able to close out games and do the little things to win. 4 losses when they had leads in the final 2:30 minutes.

The defense always seems gassed at the end of games. I question their conditioning. You just know whats going to happen at the end this season. The NU game was sickening. Today was just predictable, but they had them with 4th and 10 and couldn't stop them. Coker needs to play more. Adam Robinson is pretty good, but he's no Marcus Coker running the ball.